Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let's Talk Romance !!!!

Go down 
+13
FaeLadyFaye
girlwhowaited
sabby
amckuen
kimba
hopsngrapes
Doppleganger
Greencat
Starbrites
calimama
uapeople
2shay
gracious-plenty
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
calimama

calimama

Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 10:57 pm

OK, so the book definitely picked up. Whoa, what an ending! I pre ordered book 3 last night as soon as I finished the second. I'm definitely looking forward to Riona and Caelen's book.

star Big Spoilers for book 2, In Bed with a Highlander star

Holy crap when Alaric married Keeley, I was crushed. Choked me up. I could see why you would want to take a walk Shay. I just kept thinking...-this is a romance, this is a romance, there has to be a HEA.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 7:23 am

Cali---I know! Wow! I am glad you liked it, though. It just was so heart wrenching! But, I loved it!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 7:26 am

Never Love A Highlander downloaded this morning! The third of Maya Banks highlander series! YAY!

I will have to stop my reread of Outlander to read this book....that good, Laides!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 2:23 pm

Yay! I am going to start that one in a little bit too Shay. I can't wait to see how things are going to come together.. Just heart those Highlanders!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 4:53 pm

Me, too! Starbrites! But....but....I am nearly through Dragonfly In Amber, so I will probably wait until I finish. Read Never Love A Highlander before I go to Voyagers.
Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 1:28 am

I just started Never Love a Highlander. I going to try to finish before Drink Deep drops. Caelen is being a total jackass!!!

wine cheers to a good Scottish romp and read!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 6:09 am

calimama wrote:
I just started Never Love a Highlander. I going to try to finish before Drink Deep drops. Caelen is being a total jackass!!!

wine cheers to a good Scottish romp and read!

Hell ya he was! I am about half way threw the book so we shall see how it goes..
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 8:09 am

OMG!! Sooo looking forward to it!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 3:45 pm

Finished Never Love A Highlander

Good. Not as good as Alaric's story. But very good just the same. If anyone hears of another Maya Banks' highlander bokk, let me know.

Back to Gabaldon.....Voyager!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 3:58 pm

I agree with you Shay Alaric's book was the best of the series. I believe she is going to write another highlander series in the furture but I am not to sure when.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 4:00 pm

Starbrites, if you hear pm me or something. Her books aren't......well, great....but they are entertaining. Alaric's book? Hmmmmm.....I think I could read it again. That's a pretty good test for me.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 8:13 pm

She has other books and they are not as good as were used to that is for sure but I actually liked her Coulter books. Well I take that back I liked them all but the 3rd one. I don't know why but it just was not the same. You know how it is in a series of books. You get used to something and then Author switches it up and it just don't feel the same.

Alaric's book I think was almost more emotional/deep. IMO. I can't put my finger on the right words but there was just something more about his story that the others were lacking. Every time I hear that Sound Tomorrow by Chris Young (which is like my favorite song) I kept telling my husband that it reminded me of a story in a book and then when I really listened to the words it clicked and I thought this is Alaric and Kelley's Song..

Whenever she post about anything to do with Highlanders I will let you know. I read her blog and she wrote them starting back in like 2008 so if she has not even started writing the new ones it could be years from now.. Which will suck..
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 7:40 am

Thanks, Starbrites.....hey....I LOVE heart heart Chris Young! I have Tomorrow on my iPad and iPhone. Great song. It fits so well for Alaric! Good catch.
Back to top Go down
hopsngrapes

hopsngrapes

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 12:41 am

Went to a Romance Book Fair and I've added to my TBR list:

Blood Trinity by Sherilyn Kenyon and Dianna Love
The Guardian by Margaret Mallory (Highland Romance ladies!! According to the author it got a 4.5 on RT reviews)
Heart of Steel by Meljean Brook (steampunk romance)
The Hunter by Theresa Meyers (steampunk paranormal western romance)
I didn't pick up a book by Julia Quinn but she's apparently up there with epic historical romance writers.

What I HAVE read as noteable romance reads:

LaLuxure: Discover Your Bood Lust by CD Hussey
Wanton Knights (EROTIC romance) by Tawny Taylor
Romeo, Romeo by Robin Kaye
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 8:44 am

Let me know what you think of Blood Trinity. I'm a huge Sherrilyn Kenyon fan, but I haven't read any of her collaborations with Dianna Love.
Wasn't impressed with her latest Dark Hunter or League books, unfortunately. Sad
Back to top Go down
kimba

kimba

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 8:16 am

I have been on a higlander romance kick. i read all the Monica Mccarty books and most of Hannah Howell. Now I need a few more ideas. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 8:59 am

It's the kilts isn't it?

I might need to get to KMM's HIghlander series again
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 9:43 am

I'm a little highlander crazy too! How were Monica Mccarty and Hannah Howells books?

Some other good ones I really liked were by Anita Clenney, Debbie Mazzuca, Terri Brisbin, Michele Sinclair and of course KMM! Sophia Johnson has 3 highlander books that I just finished. The first two were good and really funny but Risk Everything was awesome.

heart Kilts
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 1:30 pm

twirling I love kilts! I liked Monica McCarty. Right now, though, I am back with my original kilted hottie! Still reading on The Fiery Cross. I just took a time out to read Blood Hunt....almost done with that.
Back to top Go down
kimba

kimba

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 3:56 pm

Yeah I liked Monica McCarty..my favorites were the Hignlander untamed and the highlander unchained! And yes Hannah howell is also very good! Hard to pick a fav of hannah's cause i loved all of them except highlander groom. That was soso for me
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 3:12 pm

I forgot which ones were good and which ones not so much. The Terri Brisbin ones weren't bad though. read them somewhat recently. There was one series that was great. I just don't remember which one. I did pick up MAMMOTH BOOK OF SCOTTISH ROMANCE which I will read to see which I like and don't like.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 3:18 pm

uapeople I have the Mammoth books as well I just haven't read them yet. I too hope there good. With Terri Brisbin I liked the first, the second I thought was just ok and the third I thought was a little better. I just really enjoy her writing style.
Back to top Go down
amckuen

amckuen

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 7:13 pm

Hey can anyone tell me what Z A Maxfield Books to read for the Chat. I have started Narutto, about the gay vamp, A little help here!!!!! thinking
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 8:02 am

The St. Nacho series. And the Stirring series. Stirring is romantic comedy...very good. St. Nacho is more dramatic.
Back to top Go down
amckuen

amckuen

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 2:49 pm

cheers Thanks Shay appreiciate the info cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's Talk Romance !!!!
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Need A Little Romance- *Contemporary * Historical * Kilts * :: It's All About The Romance-
Jump to: