Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let's Talk Romance !!!!

Go down 
+13
FaeLadyFaye
girlwhowaited
sabby
amckuen
kimba
hopsngrapes
Doppleganger
Greencat
Starbrites
calimama
uapeople
2shay
gracious-plenty
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
2shay

Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 8:12 pm

Starting Fever.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 10:44 am

SB--Finished Fever...... wtf I want the rest of the story.....! This ended way too soon...! Who the hell is Mitch? Aside from Alyssa's brilliant brother. What about Luke? And Seth? What the crap happened in that warehouse and what was DARPA trying to do? Oh, man. Is there a follow up book? Do you know? I will check it out, too. If you know anything, let me know.

If I had read and posted this first, I might have put it in paranorman romance and that wouldn't be quite right.....but, they have mutated a little.

I want another freakin' book! Getting left like this is....nasty, mean writer stuff.

ETA: Found it! The second book in this series will be released Sept. 25th. I isn't available on kindle for preorder, yet. So,....SB....help me remember not to miss this one. The second book is about Keira....which will lead us back to Luke, I hope. heart Oh....and this is marketed under paranormal romance/suspense. Oh....the name of the second book is Blaze.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 2:36 pm

I won't forget Shay! I can't wait for the next book. Yes it will be Luke's book and I'm hoping for Mitch to get a book too. Didn't Teague kinda remind you of a certain sexy prisoner in the I-team series? smile

I to want to know more about what happened in the warehouse fire. Such potential for the next books. So much we still need to know.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 8:22 am

I put Blaze (Fever #2) in my release date database. So when we get closer to september it will go on the book release dates thread. Wink

I started The Perfect Dish by Kristin Painter....waited a while to post because I had nothing nice to say. To hell with it. I am in a pissy mood this morning and this book is handy vent fodder.

Warning: this is a rant cussing

I hated this book.

The women in this book are ridiculously, exaggeratedly girly. And stupid. I gave up on it after 3 chapters because I couldn't take the shallow fashion, hair, and cougar talk anymore. It's enough to make me give up m/f romance for a while so I won't want to kill off the f. My next romance read needs to be spectacular, filled with characters who I *want* to see get laid and fall in love. The girls in Perfect DishDitz can dry up and stay single for all I care.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 2:28 pm

Thank you Dopple.....I really want Blaze....

Speaking of which...if you like strong women......me too.....you might really like Fever....

He did, SB......Pamela is working on a new I-Team novella......I need to do a total reread....love that series...
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 1:03 pm

I cannot wait for that Novella either. The I-Team is one of the best series for plain o regular romance with no supernatural things involved.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 2:09 pm

SB---Nothing supernatural in I-Team, true. But, great action/adventure stories with great, multi-talented men and women. Strong men who love strong women. Great combination. And some of the men have such awesome abilities that they are nearly super human. But they do get hurt sometimes. Avalanche! Shit. Annnddddd.......really great sex scenes!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 3:37 pm

Started a new romance series....about FBI/US Attorneys.....first book....Something About You by Julie James. Not too far in, but I am really liking it. I will post more....this actually is pretty serious buy has me grinning quite a lot. Some humor.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 2:25 pm

star A Lot Like Love star by Julie James second book in the series...

I had to share this. Jordan is rich and sort of gets stuck helping the FBI on an undercover case with Nick. They have a date for the case. Nick comes to her house to pick her up. Jordan is dressed in a very low cut dress, not knowing she has to wear a mic. Nick shows her the mic.

Jordan-I can't believe how small it is.
Nick-It picks up voices from fifty feet away.....all you have to do is tuck it inside your bra. Assuming
you're wearing a bra with that dress.
Jordan-Nope. Just Band-Aids over my nipples.

Nick thinks (Six years working for the FBI, another five years on NYPD vice, but damn if Nick had a clue how to handle that predicament)

Jordan-I'm kidding. Turn around.
He complied...thinking (Don't think about her nipples. Don't think about her nipples.)
He was thinking about her nipples!
roflmao

This book is a lot of fun! So far.

Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 3:55 pm

I love it when the guys get flustered!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 4:32 pm

Yeah. And they don't really know how to handle women who are independent and smart. So damned funny!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 6:51 am

I know there are some of you who have read Pamela Clare. There is a new FB page just started for a re-read of the first two MacKinnon's Rangers historical romances. The FB page is called Defiant....the name of the next book in the series. It's a private page, so if you are interested you have to like he page and wait to be admitted. The first book in the series is Surrender..the story of Iain MacKinnon.

Amazon preview:

From Publishers Weekly
Clare's lush historical romance takes readers to 1750s New York, where the three MacKinnon brothers, Jacobites sworn to free Scotland from British rule, have settled in exile. Iain MacKinnon and his two brothers, powerful Highland warriors trained in native American warfare, are falsely accused of murder and forced to take up the banner of their enemy King George in the French and Indian War. While on patrol, Iain rescues a Scots woman who calls herself Annie Burns from the French and Abenaki soldiers who raided her home. Annie, who hides a tragic past of family betrayal and indentured servitude, struggles with her newfound freedom and the mixed feelings she has for her saviors—so much like the Jacobite warriors who cut down her Loyalist father and brothers in battle. As Annie's ambivalence gives way to love, Clare (Ride the Fire) explores 18th-century religious and political conflict on both a personal and international scale. While her prose sports a hint of purple, believable characters, scorching chemistry and a convincing setting make this a worthy read. (Mar.)
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

Ya'll this is a really good historical romance, and SMOKIN' HOT! Pamela Clare always makes the pages sizzle.

Discussion begins on April 1st.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 9:56 am

Enjoying all of the Christie Craig books. I have already posted about one on another thread, but really they are all great contemporary romantic comedy with a little cop and bad guy stuff to make em fun. A little tight reading while waiting for Kate Sherwood and JR Ward.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 10:25 am

Ok just ordered those Pamela Clare books. They seem right up my alley. ...and Sweet Release is now on kindle. This was the book repetitively named in one of the series we read here (she kept buying multiple copies...I am thinking maybe daryinda jones????)
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 10:31 am

Yes! Charley kept buying it. Lol
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 11:59 am

Surrender and Untamed are the one we start discussing on FB on April 1st. Defiant comes out in July, I think. Pamela Clare does great research. Research worthy of Diana Gabaldon. Actually, as much as I love DG, I think Pamela is easier to read. As good and intense as the stories are, as good as the historical aspects are; her books are extremely readable and ....kinda fun. She talks a lot on her blog about the French and Indian War. It's a period that really fascinates her. She has some great pictures of Fort Ticonderoga and the area around Roger's Island.

Sweet Release is from her earlier historical seris. Her first book. Also very, very good.

The time frame for Surrender would have been about 12-15 years before Claire and Jamie came to America, or close. I haven't actually studied the time line.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 12:56 pm

I can't find the Defiant facebook page. I did like the author's page though.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 6:50 am

hmmmm.....I don't understand.....maybe I can look and see if you have to have an invite.

ETA: uap....I have added you to the people who should be on this page list. Let me know.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 7:28 pm

Just finished Death Angel by Linda Howard. This is good. Very, very good!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:38 am

I guess I had found it at some point because I see the posts. Just haven't had time to catch up.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:44 am

Hi Morning, uap. So many books!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 9:33 am

Top O the morning to ya.
Back to top Go down
readerchic

readerchic

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 9:42 am

If yall like Pamela Clare, you should try Linda Howard & Cherry Adair. Cherry has a few series so if you like to read in order make sure you check the list on her website. Both authors write romantic suspense books with a great balance of romance & suspense & steamy sex. Cherry's books have a lot of action/adventure. Linda's books have little unexpected twists throughout that have you saying WTF?? And in my opinion her books from 2008 & earlier are better than the newer ones.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 10:06 am

RC----I love, love your avatar and siggy! We ALL love Barrons! And, I recognise the quote from FSD! So, so sweet. God, I loved him at that moment. heart heart
Back to top Go down
readerchic

readerchic

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 10:12 am

The avatar is the delicious David Gandy. He is the model for a lot of the heroes I read about. I have many pics of him. Clothed & not! Oh, yes! Fifty had me swooning. Bless his heart! heart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's Talk Romance !!!!
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Need A Little Romance- *Contemporary * Historical * Kilts * :: It's All About The Romance-
Jump to: