Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let's Talk Romance !!!!

Go down 
+13
FaeLadyFaye
girlwhowaited
sabby
amckuen
kimba
hopsngrapes
Doppleganger
Greencat
Starbrites
calimama
uapeople
2shay
gracious-plenty
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Barbara

Barbara

Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 5:29 pm

That is so cool Dopp! I also love the Kindegraphs. Poor Josh has "had" to do about 6 for me, then I have LB, ZAM, Ethan & Clare London. I love them!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 8:35 pm

SB--I really loved the Maya Banks KGI series. The Kelly brothers are all ex military and have established a military group that does government and private work to rescue hostages or apprehend fugitives. They, or women they love, keep getting in trouble. These are a lot like Shannon McKenna's McCloud brothers series. Maya Banks stories are actually a bit more believable. Shannon McKenna's guys are so skilled that they verge on being almost supernatural....hey, I love them, too. In fact, I have gotten to a point where, between action/adventure/romance, jistorical romance and m/m, I can barely read paranormal/romance. Just a phase, I'm sure. I have had Lothaire for days, and have gotten less than 10% into it. I keep looking through Amazon for another action romance or historical or another m/m that catches my attention. I never thought I would find pr boring. Maybe it's just the book. Is anyone else finding Lothaire boring?
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 9:19 pm

Shay- if those are the books your into now you should try Catherine Mann. I read her first book in one of her series called Cover Me which was really good. I have the second one called Hot Zone but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet. I know she has other series books that are the kind your talking about as well. Check her stuff out.

I haven't ever heard of lothaire. A little description on that please.. smile

You have to be careful with some of Maya Banks books. I loved the Colter series books but some of her other ones I started to read and had to stop. Not that having some sex scenes arnt nice BUT hers almost were more sex then book. I at least want a story line.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 9:37 pm

I have read Maya Banks Highlander books and the KGI books. So far, I haven't run into but one book that I thought she could have left out some of the sex scenes. But, yeah, she doesn't ever scrimp on the sex.

I will look into Catherine Mann. Right now.

Lothaire is the latest Kressley Cole in her Immortals After Dark series...which I have always friggin' LOVED! I just can't get into this one. Hmmm...
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 9:54 pm

SB--I just downloaded Cover Me by Catherine Mann. The preview and reviews look fantastic! I am so excited! Thank you! But...but....I am going to try to get through Lothaire first. Kressley Cole writes a great series! I know this one must get better!
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:29 am

Ooh I just read Hearts in Darkness by Laura Kaye it was wonderful!!!!!! As u told us Dopple. I couldn't stop either read it all in one they were absolutely great characters and just loved the build of the chemistry!!! yummy drool

Now what to read next??
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 3:17 pm

I read her book North of Need and it was really good too.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 8:00 pm

Catherine Mann--Elite Force(That Others May Live)

Starbrites recommended these to me, and I thank you! Cover Me, the first book was very good. These guys are pararescuemen. What used to be called parajumpers. They are highly trained to go into extreme situations to perform amazing rescues. They rock. In the first book, Wade Rocha has to rescue a woman who is stranded in a blizzard in Alaska. Turns out that she doesn't need or want to be rescued. She has a lot of secrets and doesn't want a highly trained military man around. But, as they get out of one scrape after another they find that they may need each other to survive.

The second book, Hot Zone, is better. A LOT better, SB. You should just go ahead and read it! It features Hugh Franco, a man who lost his wife and daughter five years ago in a plane crash. Since then he has been recklessly taking on the riskiest assignments he can get. Known as "Slow Hand" by his team mates because of his guitar playing ability as well as his way with the women he "serial dates", he nearly takes on more than he can handle when the team is sent into an earthquake rescue mission in the Bahamas. This story took hold of me early and never let go. The earthquake survivors and their rescuers resonated after all the coverage of Haiti. Also, they are confronted with a black market child kidnapping ring trying to "save" children from months in an orphanage and the legal system by selling them to...whoever. It was pretty emotional.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:22 pm

Well Shay if the 2nd book is better then I'll have to get to it soon.

I just read Beneath the silver moon by Deborah Schneider and it was fantastic. Now I'm not really all that great at explaining about books but I can give the amazon discription and tell you that it was a fantastic read. Set in the west with a sexy cowboy. I laughed and even got a tiny bit emotional. The discription doesn't do it justice.

Sinclair Readford had reached the end of her rope, figuratively and literally. She hung out of the window of a whorehouse in nothing more than her unmentionables. To escape the disreputable establishment, the Eastern-bred lady had vowed to go to any length. However, when her fingers slipped and she plunged into the embrace of a ruggedly handsome cowboy, she wondered if she'd been saved or damned.

Jefferson McCloud had never had a woman fall out of the sky to land in his arms before. It was enough to turn a man into a lovesick fool. Especially when the woman was all long blond hair and soft white skin. He should have known immediately she'd be more trouble than the devil himself. But soon, the cowboy knew he'd ride to hell and back to earn the right to call the impertinent chatterbox his own.

Now there's also an 8 year old little girl included in this story that has had an awful life before Sinclair shows up. She is mute and filthy and screams bloody murder with terror in her eyes. She steals the show that's for sure.

Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 7:08 am

Oooh, I don't normally like westerns, but that looks really good Starbrites. cheers
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 12:56 pm

SB--That does sound good. Hmmmm.....my reading cup runneth over. May have to find a place for this.

ETA: Just downloaded Beneath A Silver Moon....Dopple....you like covers a lot, check this one out if you get the book or not. It is BEAUTIFUL!!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 1:27 pm

This is too funny. There are two covers for Beneath a Silver Moon, one for the paperback and another for the kindle edition. The kindle cover is gorgeous - pecs and cowboy hat and washboard abs and chaps. And a horse! smile

The paperback cover is craptastic! Total romance genre cliche. I'm surprised it's not Fabio.
On my goodreads page, I dont normally pay attention to which edition goes onto my shelves, I just take whatever defaults. But for Beneath a Silver Moon it defaulted to paperback. Couldn't stand it. I changed it to the purty one.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 2:42 pm

I didn't know you could switch covers like that on goodreads. I switched mine to the sexy cowboy too. smile your right about that other cover though.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 2:54 pm

This thread will soon be archived since new categories have been created. Please from here on out, post in the new 'theme' threads.

Many Thanks
G-P
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 3:18 pm

I'd be happy to post in the theme thread, but this is the only contemporary/historical romance thread I can find.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 3:24 pm

Dopple.....they are up now. *snort* I found it before Dopp did! na na nana na
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 3:30 pm

Well....it would have made more sense to have.the new thread up *before* asking people to use it.
Just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 6:22 pm

Hey man I was at work trying to create said new threads between clients. I mean seriously, the nerve of customers interrupting me while I'm at work trying to make the site pretty. wtf
Then those darn smileys distracted me and I only was able to complete the one. roflmao

The rest I'll have up this evening. Promise
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 6:42 pm

twirling
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 3:13 am

Fever by Joan Swan

Stayed up all damn night to finish this book because I couldn't put the thing down. I thought it was fantastic and wanted to recommend it to anyone interested.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 7:57 am

SB---Tell me a little more about Fever....I have developed a passion for romance.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:00 am

2shay wrote:
SB---Tell me a little more about Fever....I have developed a passion for romance.

Me too Shay. I love a good Romance book!

Sorry about that Shay, It was late and I was using my phone so more then a couple lines was a bit much for my eyes and my hands at 4 in the morning.

Dr. Alyssa Foster will admit to a bad boy fetish. . .
But when she finds herself face to face with a convicted murderer with a ripped body, a determination for freedom and an eye on her as his get out of jail free card, Alyssa knows she's in deep trouble. . .. Not just because Teague Creek is a prisoner desperate for freedom, but because his every touch makes her desperate for more.

A man with a life sentence has nothing to lose. . .

Teague Creek has one shot at freedom, but his plan to escape with a hostage develops a fatal flaw: Alyssa. On the run from both the law and deadly undercover operatives who know of his strange abilities, he needs to avoid trouble, but every heated kiss tells him the fire between them could be just as devastating as the flames that changed him forever.

That was from Amazon. There really is not to much more to add. I mean Teague kidnapps Alyssa thinking she is someone else, Someone he can use as leverage to get what he wants. Alyssa is a stong Heroine. Teague has an ability that is on fire. I really don't want to say no more on that.

Anyway, it was a damn good book. It kept me going from beginning to end.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 1:07 pm

It kept you up until 4am? Wow, I gotta check this out!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 7:01 am

SB--Gulp....buying it now!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 8:11 pm

star Wicked Game star by Mercy Celeste

This is the second book I have read by this author this week-end. The first was an m/m that I posted about on the cops thread. This one has girly bits and some pretty damn kinky sex...! It was also a great read about a professional quarterback and a girl he has known since kindergarten where he pulled her hair on the first day of school and she knocked him on his ass. This is a really fun read and HAWT...! And a great story.

This writer and Laura Horner are friends, and they both write in multiple genres. They are both very, very good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's Talk Romance !!!!
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Need A Little Romance- *Contemporary * Historical * Kilts * :: It's All About The Romance-
Jump to: