Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

They're Magically Delicious

Go down 
+15
kimba
2shay
ferdy
Greencat
VikingDame
44surf
FaeLadyFaye
showmethelove
amckuen
Doppleganger
Starbrites
gracious-plenty
uapeople
Dragonlady
sabby
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

They're Magically Delicious - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 10:10 am

Oh I didn't realize this came out. WooHoo I can not stress about the Hunger Games read and detour to read MWM... YES!!! excited
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 10:15 am

I just recently read all the Downside Ghost books and LOVED them all!!! I actually by that point got pretty proficient in downspeak, Laughing . I didn't know how I would feel about Chess's character but she's definitely well done.
star SM star
But I agree with Calimama, I'm sure there will always be some lingering self doubt but I hope Chess realizes that Terrible has proved himself enough that she doesnt focus on it. And I'm very curious how things are going to change with Lex now!! bounce

star Magic without Mercy star spoilers DO NOT READ

I agree with everything Ferdy and Dopple said as well. Overall I liked the book but it was mostly because of Shame and Terric; I ended up giving it 4 stars but it was really like a 3.5 I averaged up. It just felt like a filler book not even a transition book. I was so upset about Stone!!!!! It did seem extremely unorganized under Allie's direction between Allie's dad and the creepy Collins; the younger generation looking to Allie...... maybe but Victor, Maeve and Hayden.... NOT. At least not with more concrete direction she was just guessing most of the time.

The one thing that annoyed me from even before but certainly during the last scene. WTH did nobody use sight on Jingo Jingo before to see all the children's sould than Veiled on him?!?!?!?! There were folks that fought with them before really nobody had any suspicions.... at all?? And than once folks did see what he was doing why didnt they stand with Shame to fight him. OH and really how does Shame have 9 lives?? I mean jesus how much can his poor body go through. And although I loved that she was backed up by her Hounds I thought they had really minimal magic and to be outnumbered by so many of the Authority it would have just seemed like there losses would have been greater. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:21 pm

Did anyone catch what some of the older ones said to Allie about how they have been waiting for her and zay to do there thing? Ok so do not quote me on that because I can read how stupid my writing sounds but it was something along those lines. Anyway, I wonder if there was some prophecy about her that we don't know about. thinking
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 2:15 pm

star Magic Without Mercy star

I agree with almost everything said about this. It was still a good read. I love the characters but this book didn't really progress the story much. I'm tired of Allie not having her magic. I don't get why Allie's in charge either. Why is everyone in the authority a follower? Ha! I sound like I'm griping. I was hoping we'd get somewhere in this book but we really didn't. The Terric and Shame bits were good. I'd be happier in they were a couple but that's just me smile

Seems like there's a lot to be resolved still. Cure magic, fix Allie, get her dad out of her, kill the big baddies, fix Davy........ more things should have happened in this book. I was happy to see Cody and Mama.

Starbrites, they said something about dark and light magic being part of the prophecy to control magic. Are they dark and light magic? Zay and Allie are also soul compliments so that's a double whammy. I don't know any more then I did last book.
Back to top Go down
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 2:42 pm

star Sacrificial Magic and Cgasing magic star
Sabby, I've also gotten used to the Downside speak..when I read the first book I was ready to give up on it because I found it so annoying. I managed to plow through it somehow and now I love it, ya dig. I got an eARC of the 5th book Chasing Magic from netgalley and there's some intense and possessive moments with Chess and Terrible. You really get to see how much Chess means to be Terrible and what he's willing to do for her..he is just perfect.

star Magic Without Mercy star

I finished MWM a week ago and the more I think about the more disappointed I am. There's 1 book left and there's no way all the loose ends and questions can be answered in a satisfying way. Starbites, I didn't really get the feeling that Allia/Zay had a prophecy thing going on, just that they were powerful and soul complements so were the only ones who were a threat to Lenader/Isabelle. The book was such a wasted opportunity, most of it was wasted on tainted magic, gatting samples and Shame/Zay/Davy alternately getting sick..it 's not even even necessary to the whole arc of the series.
Random thoughts on WMW that I put on goodreads (sorry it's very long):

-I found Allie to be quite annoying, bossy and a little judgemental. Her transition to leader and everyone's acceptance of it just came out of nowhere. Her taking charge of the Hounds is fine but why Zay, Shame, Maeve and co let her take the lead is beyond me. Up until a few months ago she was being mentored by Victor/Maeve/Hayden and she knew very little about the Authority..so it just doesn't ring true that the more experienced and knowledgable members of the Authority would defer to her.
-Nothing seems to have been revealed in this book. There's only 1 book left and we still don't know about Allie's past, her missing memories, how her father lost part of his soul, why she was closed, why she keeps losing her memories, her possible past relationship to Collins, Allie's mother - why she left and where she's been, how magic was poisoned, why Allie had extra magic in her and why she lost her magic after being attacked by the Veiled, what Allie's dad did to Allie when she was younger and what his endgame is. There's so much that needs to be addressed in the last book and I'm doubtful that it'll be done in a satisfactory way, if at all.
-All Allie seemed to do was state the obvious, boss everyone around and watch whilst other people were fighting. For some bizarre reason Allie thinks that the fight with the corrupt Authority is only her fight. If anything it's less her fight than everyone else's since she's so new to the Authority.
-I got tired of hearing about Zay's eyes, how zen and calm he is and how gorgeous Allie thinks he is. Allie also goes on and on about everyone's magic being so powerful, beautiful and unique..if everyone is so skilled and wondeful in magic - I really don't get why Allie was constantly in awe whenever someone cast magic.
-The romance between Allie and Zay..I've liked them less and less as a couple with each book. For most of this book Allie acted like a fussy, overprotective mother towards Zay. It also comes across that Allie loves Zay more than he does her (though it's clear that they both love each other) because of how much she's risked and given up for him and the amount she thinks and worries about him. At what point Allie even wonders if she'll ever fully have Zay's heart..Zay still loves Chase and as he said in the last book he always will..so it looks like Allie will always have to share Zay's heart with his dead ex-girlfriend. Personally, I can't root for a couple or like a couple that much when either the hero/heroine have already had a love of their life..it just makes the love between the hero and heroine less special.
-The storyline for the most part just seems to go round and round in circles.. though the last 1/4 was excellent. Most of the book was just similar to previous installments: Allie and co investigate something or other, they fight bad guys, someone gets hurt, they recover, rinse and repeat. I would have liked if Allie found out more about herself, her memories and start to piece together her life so it's all set up for the last book. I honestly now think that they won't be enough room in the last book for Allie to find out about her past.

I have read that Devon Monk wants to do another book about Shame and Terric but her publishers need to give it the green light. ..so it may happen.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 4:20 pm

Just listened to a podcast that Devon Monk did and she dished that she is going to have a new 2 book series featuring Shame and Terric!!! excited
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 10:40 pm

Oooh, I wonder where Monk will go with that? I can't wait to read it!
Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 2:45 am

Happy Holidays! I finally got around to reading the October Daye series by Seanan Mcguire. I just finished the 4th book, Late Eclipses. The next is One Salt Sea. I'm not sure if I'm going to start on this or take a break from the series for a book or two. I'm enjoying the series more and more. Has anyone read this series? Is this thing with Tybalt and Toby ever going to happen. Please don't tell me anything happens with the seal guy.

Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 10:57 pm

I've had the October Daye series on my TBR pile for a long time. But I never picked it up because I prefer to have some type of romance with my UF series and I never heard if Toby ever got together with anyone. You'll have to let me know how it turns out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

They're Magically Delicious
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Urban Fantasy & Paranormal Romance Collections :: Urban Fantasy & Paranormal Romance - General Discussion-
Jump to: