Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

They're Magically Delicious

Go down 
+15
kimba
2shay
ferdy
Greencat
VikingDame
44surf
FaeLadyFaye
showmethelove
amckuen
Doppleganger
Starbrites
gracious-plenty
uapeople
Dragonlady
sabby
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
uapeople

uapeople

They're Magically Delicious - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 9:15 am

star A Perfect Blood star
ferdy wrote:

Did anyone else find it a bit unvelievable that the IS, FIB not to mention Rachel and co had such a hard time capturing the 5 human HAPA members?! I know they were using magic and had the help of some undercover HAPA member but they were outnumbered and surrounded by FIB and IS on 2 occassions and still managed to get away.
yes

ferdy wrote:

I love Trent and Rachel but I still haven't forgiven him for all the hell he put her through in the previous books..but I do think he's starting to redeem himself. It was a bit odd that in Pale Demon Trent seemed to want to be closer with Rachel at the end of the book but in this book there were a few times he seemed a bit hesistant with their new dynamic and Rachel seemed to be eager to be closer to Trent. I really want their relationship to be explored more in the next book. I was quite bothered withTrent and Ceri's relationship..they're basically a married couple..they may not have a physical relationship but they seem to have the emotional relationship of a husband and wife..which to me is just as if not more important than a physical relationship..I don't know how Rachel would fit into Trent and Ceri's little family..It's odd that Trent is shown to be Ray's dad rather than Quen..It left me wondering why it wasn't an issue and why Quen wasnt bothered that Trent is basically raising Ray with Ceri??...I hope the next book sheds more light on that situation.
I felt the same way

ferdy wrote:

I wish Al had been in it a bit more, he's just so entertaing..It did look like he was jealous of Trent as well..I hope they both try and win Rachel's heart in the next book. I loved the addition of Winona but Wayde was slightly irritating.
Agree
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:01 pm

happy dance Timeless releases tomorrow!!!!!! happy dance

Woo! very happy

I debated for a while over where to post about it. Preternaturals don't fit into a proper category. Steampunk is not quite historical romance. There are werewolves and vamps, but...
Oh hell. Magically Delicious. Done.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 9:02 am

I have almost the whole Sherilyn Kenyon collection thanks to a shipment from a fellow Purl Wink Just haven't had a chance to start with all the new releases of series I already read...and I picked up a few of the missing ones even. Will start soon...promise.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Finally got to about 60%.
I'm really enjoying it thus far too. I hope to try and finish within the next day or so. I would finally like to join in on the chat
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
kimba

kimba

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 2:03 pm

star

I really liked Perfect Blood,but it wasn't as good as Pale Demon. I guess i was hopig for another Rachel/Trent kiss.

I wish these came out every 6 monthes instead of once a yr! TOOO long I need more Trent!!!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 10:35 pm

I love Kenyon's Dark Hunter books! Please post about them when you start reading them.

I started Timeless tonight. I've only read the first 2 chapters and I'm completely in love with this book! I've been giggling nonstop as I read.
I'm developing a girlcrush on Gail Carriger. She's so witty! heart
Back to top Go down
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 9:28 am

star Perfect Blood star

[quote="Doppleganger"]star Perfect Blood star

The part where Rachel touches Trent's face and then wonders why she did that screams "suppressed memories". I think Jenks is quite the insightful fellow! I also suspect the ring is a hint. Lovers that fate has separated....hmmmm.

Hmm..so you think that Rachel and Trent could have had a romance before but somehow their memory was erased?? I never thought of it that way before because wouldn't other people like have known. Unless they had something going on at camp but even then they were too young for it to be anything serious and from what Rachel's remembered from camp they didn't get along and also Trent liked Rachel's elf friend. It'd be interesting to find out they had a secret romance heart when they were older but they had to erase their memories for some reason.
Back to top Go down
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 9:42 am

Doppleganger wrote:
I love Kenyon's Dark Hunter books! Please post about them when you start reading them.

I started Timeless tonight. I've only read the first 2 chapters and I'm completely in love with this book! I've been giggling nonstop as I read.
I'm developing a girlcrush on Gail Carriger. She's so witty! heart

YAY..I love Gail Carrigar too!! I'm 2/3rds of the way through Timeless and there's some unbelievable LOL moments..Prudence is too cute and Ivy is hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 10:58 am

star Perfect Blood star

Thee more I think about it, the more I think that Rachel and Trent do have a romance hidden in their past.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 9:05 am

Not looking. Dammit tantrum

Still only around 75%
cussing
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 9:26 am

This is at the library waiting for me!!!!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 10:00 am

Oh awesome Andy. Maybe you will catch up in time with me. At the current rate I'm going that is. excited
Back to top Go down
autumnleaves

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 11:09 pm

star Spoilers star

I enjoyed this book, although not my favorite by a long shot. It is more of a bridge to the next book IMO.

We get to see Rachel grow and accept her demon side, but it is a long journey to get there.

Trent has never been associated with anyone other than the elf that was supposed to be his wife (can't remember her name).

Trent doesn't marry said wife to be because Rachel interupts.

Can't imagine Rachel ending up with anyone but Trent as the story seems to indicate. IMO
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 1:33 pm

I've got it!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 3:28 pm

Well go start it already for crying out loud Bored
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 11:56 am

Agreed twin...and start reading already! gp where are you?
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 3:22 pm

I just finished at lunch. I really liked it. spoilers

It wasn't my favorite but I think like you guys mentioned before, it's a great set up book for what's to come. The Trent & Rach relationship is finally getting somewhere. Or so I hope.

I got very sad though when she kept referring to Jenks and Ivy moving on without her. I think NIna is going to be maybe Ivy's new fling. The Jenks & Belle relationship I think too is going to be fun to see develope.

Now Wayde...hmmmmmm. I liked him for the most part but then he just dropped out in the last part of the book. I see him possibly becoming a regular in Rach's life. I just really hope it doesn't become a triangle with Trent. Dammit, Rach needs her lov'n with Trent already. very happy

Dr. Cordova..I saw that coming a mile away. It just became very obvious that she was in deep with HAPA. Glad that Trent paid her back in full too
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 3:26 pm

Ok...Who has started By A Thread? Jennifer Estep's #6 Elemental Assassin series

I think that will be next for me Bored
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 4:11 pm

I haven't read By A Thread yet, but I've seen good reviews on goodreads. I guess she finally got the memo that she was overdoing the infodumps. cheers
I really want to read it now.

I finished Timeless and loved it. Prudence is an awesome character and I can't wait for her series.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 7:49 pm

Halfway through By a thread. Yup over the top info dumps have gone. Still a couple of little ones but more refreshers than telling the whole story again. So far its really good.

star By a thread star

Donovan is back and still an ass! Owen is hot and sexy thou Wink

The story has moved on well from Mab's death, lots of relationship issue in this one which I'm finding interesting, dynamic with Gin and Bree, and then Gin and Donovan later on. And Gin and sexy Owen off course. heart that couple.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 9:41 pm

Greencat wrote:
Halfway through By a thread. Yup over the top info dumps have gone. Still a couple of little ones but more refreshers than telling the whole story again. So far its really good.

star By a thread star

Donovan is back and still an ass! Owen is hot and sexy thou Wink

The story has moved on well from Mab's death, lots of relationship issue in this one which I'm finding interesting, dynamic with Gin and Bree, and then Gin and Donovan later on. And Gin and sexy Owen off course. heart that couple.

happy dance I am so glad to hear she hung back a little on the info dumps. Maybe this book I won't have to skim big portions of it.

Back to top Go down
amckuen

amckuen

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 1:30 pm

I finished and really liked it but was disappointed in some ways. I was hoping for a little more Rachel-Trent in the romance department, and Glenn leaving I loved glenn and his tomatoe fetish. Daryl can some one refresh my mind I sorta of remember hem taking her in but don't remember the circumstances of it. And the threesom was a little shocked and kinda of disappointed a little more details would have been nice Kim. zero Can't wait till the next book. I really did like Al in this book, always love him. Thought it was hilarous when the tots loved him and when lucy was trying to walk to him. Her first steps to a demon roflmao
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 9:42 pm

45% into By A Thread and I personally think its the best one in the series so far. I am loving it!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 6:35 am

star star BAT star star

So I have been thining on what I have read so far and at almost 50 percent I am a little irritated about a few things.

First~ Why in the hell should Gin feel so bad about the shit that happened to Bria? She didn't do those things to her. Bria has just been pissing me off left and right threw this first half of the book. She has all these anger issues towards Gin but come on, Gin has done nothing but try to love and protect her sister sense she found out who she was. I think she deserves a little love and faith back in return.

Second~ Donovan Caine! Still and asshole. He needs to just get over his issues already.

Third~ Owen is fantastic as always.

Fourth~ Finn just cracks me right up. Everytime he said "Awkward" I had to laugh and then laugh even more when he would get kicked.

So back to Bria again. Why in the hell is Bria so against Gin and what she does when her boyfriend is Gin's right hand man. Can you say hypocrite?

I don't think I have ever seen Gin so down when it comes to her emotions. Bria and Donovan have really messed with her. It's wrong that they look at her like she is trash and with disgust. Gin has saved both of there lives and you would think they could be atleast grateful to her.

Ok, I have said what I wanted about the first half of the book. Now, onto the rest.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 7:25 am

Oooh, is the 'Mine' qoute in your siggy from By A Thread?
Love the new avatar too, Starbrites! This one cracks me up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

They're Magically Delicious
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Urban Fantasy & Paranormal Romance Collections :: Urban Fantasy & Paranormal Romance - General Discussion-
Jump to: