Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Found a cheap or free book? Do tell!

Go down 
+5
Greencat
gracious-plenty
Starbrites
amckuen
Doppleganger
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

Found a cheap or free book?  Do tell! Empty
PostSubject: Found a cheap or free book? Do tell!   Found a cheap or free book?  Do tell! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 11:22 pm

All the scoop on the latest cheap and free books here!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Found a cheap or free book? Do tell!   Found a cheap or free book?  Do tell! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 4:27 pm

Not a freebie or a cheapie - it's a giveaway!

For those of us that are Laura Kaye fans, there's a goodreads giveaway for West of Want:
West of Want giveaway <-------Click here

It ends tomorrow (7/24)!
Back to top Go down
amckuen

amckuen

PostSubject: Re: Found a cheap or free book? Do tell!   Found a cheap or free book?  Do tell! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 8:02 pm

There is a series by Nicky Charles I know it is free on the nook, not sure about kindle. The fourth book just came out they are about werewolves. They are

The Mating

The Finding

The Keeping and Bonded just came out!they are really good! I whipped through

them in no time
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Found a cheap or free book? Do tell!   Found a cheap or free book?  Do tell! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 10:52 pm

I did check on those the other day and again today and they are not free for Kindle. Sad Maybe when there done being free for Nook the kindle will get it's chance.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Found a cheap or free book? Do tell!   Found a cheap or free book?  Do tell! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 8:49 pm

amckuen - I've read The Mating and The Keeping and they are both great. cheers
There's a lot of sappiness, but I'm an emotion junkie and both these books made for great fixes. I haven't read The Finding or Bonded yet.

omg I went to Nicky Charles' website to check out where you can get her books, and she has this warning about purchasing them at amazon. She says the amazon versions are pirated!! Eeek!!
Nicky Charles' website

I got my *free* Kindle copies of her books at smashwords, and those are legitimate. You have to register for them to show up on their site, because they are labeled as 'adult' and until you register and click that you're 18 or over they filter out the adult books. But once you register, here's where you can find them:
Nicky Charles on Smashwords
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Found a cheap or free book? Do tell!   Found a cheap or free book?  Do tell! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 8:57 pm

Holy Crap! I'm glad I did not go and pay for those dang books. I guess I will have to sign up for an account at smashwords..
Back to top Go down
amckuen

amckuen

PostSubject: Re: Found a cheap or free book? Do tell!   Found a cheap or free book?  Do tell! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 1:26 pm

I just started bonded (along with the other two books I am currently reading) but so far so good! I love the setting for this one it was totally unexpected!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Found a cheap or free book? Do tell!   Found a cheap or free book?  Do tell! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 9:22 pm

Free at smashwords:

Foul is Fair by Chantal Halpin
This is a *very* short story, by Chantal who many of us know as Dragonlady. wine There were a lot of little details in it I enjoyed a bunch, but with such a short story I'm afraid I'll give away too much if I try to describe what I enjoyed. I am hoping that she writes a novella or full-length novel, because this short left me intrigued.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Found a cheap or free book? Do tell!   Found a cheap or free book?  Do tell! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 9:43 am

Blood and Treasure By Jennifer Bray-Weber ~A Romancing the Pirate Novel~ Free right now on Amazon!

Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Found a cheap or free book? Do tell!   Found a cheap or free book?  Do tell! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 4:49 pm

pirate WooHoo !!!!!!!!!! excited pirate
and it's free. starbrites your a GEM!!!
Placing on Kindle now Wink

edited to add that I already DL this one on 4/27/12.. Whoops. Lemme see if I read it or not. TBC
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Found a cheap or free book? Do tell!   Found a cheap or free book?  Do tell! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 8:28 pm

Samson's Lovely Mortal is free on Kindle if anyone has missed this series like me. New one is out as well.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Found a cheap or free book? Do tell!   Found a cheap or free book?  Do tell! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 8:55 pm

Cool! I'm just now reading Amaury's Hellion. It's pretty corny, and not quite as good as Samson's Lovely Mortal, but I'm enjoying it.
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Found a cheap or free book? Do tell!   Found a cheap or free book?  Do tell! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 6:02 pm

I read this first book a long time ago. I keep meaning to read the rest of the series but just haven't gotten that far.
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Found a cheap or free book? Do tell!   Found a cheap or free book?  Do tell! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 4:41 pm

Amazon has Wicked Nights by Gena Showalter on sale for $1.99. I have no idea how long this price is good for.

Here's the blurb...

Leader of the most powerful army in the heavens, Zacharel has been deemed nearly too dangerous, too ruthless—and if he isn't careful, he'll lose his wings. But this warrior with a heart of ice will not be deterred from his missions at any cost…until a vulnerable human tempts him with a carnal pleasure he's never known before.

Accused of a crime she did not commit, Annabelle Miller has spent four years in an institution for the criminally insane. Demons track her every move, and their king will stop at nothing to have her. Zacharel is her only hope for survival, but is the brutal angel with a touch as hot as hell her salvation—or her ultimate damnation?
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Found a cheap or free book? Do tell!   Found a cheap or free book?  Do tell! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 7:52 am

Drat, I've already read it so no bargain for me!
I can recommend Wicked Nights, if you like Showalters LOTU books, this is in the same world. In fact, it's suxh a tight spinoff that I wouldn't recommend reading it unless you've picked up the LOTU books. There's a lot you'd miss.
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Found a cheap or free book? Do tell!   Found a cheap or free book?  Do tell! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 8:37 pm

Fictionwise coupon this week 55% off! twirling

www.fictionwise.com

'092112' - 55% off all eBooks! Expires: Sep 24 (It usually works a few days after this date)

Samhain books are excluded.
Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: Found a cheap or free book? Do tell!   Found a cheap or free book?  Do tell! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 12:28 am

I picked up On Dublin Street by Samantha Young because it was in the kindle top 100 list and it sounded interesting. But most importantly it was cheap; $3.99. It's a sweet romance and it reads very quickly. I think I read it in 2 days. Here's the amazon synopsis:

"Four years ago, Jocelyn Butler left her tragic past behind in the States and started over in Edinburgh. Burying the grief, ignoring her demons, and forging ahead without any real attachments has worked well for her so far but when Joss moves into a fantastic apartment on Dublin Street, her carefully guarded world is shaken to its core by her new roommate’s sexy older brother.

Braden Carmichael is a man who always gets what he wants. And what he wants is Jocelyn in his bed. Knowing how skittish Joss is concerning any kind of relationship, Braden proposes a sexual arrangement that should satisfy the intense attraction between them without it developing into anything ‘more’. An intrigued Jocelyn agrees, completely unprepared for the Scotsman and his single-minded determination to strip the stubborn young woman bare…to the very soul."

The author has mostly written YA before this, and I did feel like the main character read a little young, but I liked the story and I would recommend it. PLUS, it's set in Scotland. Wink

Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Found a cheap or free book? Do tell!   Found a cheap or free book?  Do tell! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 10:42 am

sold. on my kindle in my TBR folder. Wink
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Found a cheap or free book? Do tell!   Found a cheap or free book?  Do tell! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 8:35 pm

I keep wanting to get On Dublin Street. It sounds good. But I don't have much reading time lately so I'm still trying to get through a bunch of library books. As soon as I'm done with this set of books, I'm going to have to get this book. Thanks for the recommendation. smile
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Found a cheap or free book? Do tell!   Found a cheap or free book?  Do tell! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 pm

Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Found a cheap or free book? Do tell!   Found a cheap or free book?  Do tell! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 10:19 am

Ugh...I have so many books that I've purchased that I have not read yet. But how do I pass up 60% off? I need to go check out my wish list and see if there is anything that I need. I'm sure there is. happy dance

Fictionwise code for 60% off - 100612
Samhain books are excluded.

Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Found a cheap or free book? Do tell!   Found a cheap or free book?  Do tell! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 8:03 pm

Thanks for the info PC!
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Found a cheap or free book? Do tell!   Found a cheap or free book?  Do tell! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 8:03 pm

Here's a freebie...

https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-crocandthefox-906632-140.html

Croc and the Fox by Eve Langlais. I have not read this book but I've read others by her and they are good.
Back to top Go down
Mochabookluver

Mochabookluver

PostSubject: Re: Found a cheap or free book? Do tell!   Found a cheap or free book?  Do tell! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 3:17 pm

Hello all! Its been a while since I have visited but I Judy wanted to share that I read JA redmerski, the edge of never. Loved it. Laughed.cried. good read. Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! Happy New Year!
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/Mochabookluver
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Found a cheap or free book? Do tell!   Found a cheap or free book?  Do tell! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Found a cheap or free book? Do tell!
Page 1 of 1