Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GLBTQ Reads - Tell us about it!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

GLBTQ Reads - Tell us about it! Empty
PostSubject: GLBTQ Reads - Tell us about it!   GLBTQ Reads - Tell us about it! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 8:55 pm

Whatch'ya reading?
Doppleganger
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: GLBTQ Reads - Tell us about it!   GLBTQ Reads - Tell us about it! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 2:46 pm

Finished up Dirty Kiss and Dirty Secret by Rhys Ford. LOVE!!

These are good romantic mysteries - my best comparison would be Lanyon's Adrien English books. Rhys even gives a little shout out to Adrien English in Dirty Secret, and I think the influence of Lanyon's writing style is evident in Ford's books.

Cole, our main character, is a hilariously horny PI who starts off the book running for his life from a shotgun toting granny in kinky leathers after he takes pictures of her with her lesbian lover. His love-interest Jae is a Korean man stuck in a very traditional culture. Cue cultural misunderstandings and GREAT sex.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: GLBTQ Reads - Tell us about it!   GLBTQ Reads - Tell us about it! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 9:23 pm

I was pleasantly surprised to see two M/M books show up in the second round of the Goodreads Choice awards. Apparently there was a big write-in campaign that I was clueless about! cheers

Shattered Glass by Dani Alexander is in the Romance category

Incursion by Aleksandr Voinov is in the Science Fiction category.

I read Shattered Glass a while back, and it's a bargain for $2.99 at amazon. Or you can read it for free online at goodreads.

I picked up Incursion after seeing it in with the semifinalists and was blown away - only a novella but it was complex and deep and just plain fantasticly creative science fiction. Not exactly a bargain - $4.99 for ~80 pages, but I didn't regret the purchase.

Maybe goodreads will wisen up next year and include a GLBTQ category. I mean, they have a category for poetry, for pete's sake. The most popular poetry book in the semifinals only has 123 ratings. Shattered Glass has 1,753 ratings!
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: GLBTQ Reads - Tell us about it!   GLBTQ Reads - Tell us about it! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 8:10 pm

I wish they had some other categories as well. That's great news that two books made it this far. I have not read either so I cannot vote for them (or maybe I will just to make point lol).

Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: GLBTQ Reads - Tell us about it!   GLBTQ Reads - Tell us about it! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 7:40 am

Incursion was short - you could easily read it in a day.

I need to look up more of Voinov's books. I had stayed away from his books because I thought they were all BDSM, and that's not my thing. Incursion wasn't BDSM at all....no idea about his other books. I need to poke around goodreads a bit, maybe cyberstalk Voinov some while I'm at it. *grin*
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: GLBTQ Reads - Tell us about it!   GLBTQ Reads - Tell us about it! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 1:22 am

Voinov has a range of different books Dopple. Most are pretty dark but not all are BDSM. I have only found touches of that in his books. Country mouse is a lovely short story he wrote with Amy Lane nothing dark in at all. I'm still trying to work my way through Special Forces, that shit is intense and the whole thing is free.

Loving Harpers new book Half moon chambers. Her work reminds me a lot of Josh's stuff. She twists a good mystery too.
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: GLBTQ Reads - Tell us about it!   GLBTQ Reads - Tell us about it! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 8:07 pm

I'm almost finished with Tigerland. Sigh...I just love these guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GLBTQ Reads - Tell us about it!   GLBTQ Reads - Tell us about it! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GLBTQ Reads - Tell us about it!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: GLBTQ Fiction - Read the Rainbow! :: What color is your rainbow? Tell us about your current read!-
Jump to: