Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

M/May Book Club

Go down 
+3
sabby
Doppleganger
Barbara
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Barbara

Barbara

M/May Book Club Empty
PostSubject: M/May Book Club   M/May Book Club Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 3:04 pm

I am starting off with Midnight in Berlin by JL Merrow, thought it might be a good intro into her work too, as she is spotlighted in the Dick Lit thread
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

M/May Book Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: M/May Book Club   M/May Book Club Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 8:14 pm

Here's a few that have been lingering on my tbr list:

Body Art by Jordan Castillo Price (I really like this cover)
Counterpoint by Rachel Haimowitz (LOVE this cover too!)
Come Unto These Yellow Sands by Josh Lanyon (It's Lanyon, enough said.)
A Token of Time by Ethan Day (It's Ethan's new baby and I wanna read it!)

Or am I the only one who hasn't read these yet?
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

M/May Book Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: M/May Book Club   M/May Book Club Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 12:45 am

I haven't read any of those..... my vote is for either JCP or definitely Ethan Day!!!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

M/May Book Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: M/May Book Club   M/May Book Club Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 7:49 am

Body Art is fairly short. That's not really a problem for me, just a heads up for people. JCP has also recently released Magic Mansion.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

M/May Book Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: M/May Book Club   M/May Book Club Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 8:17 am

Magic Mansion looks really good too.
Back to top Go down
DEW

DEW

M/May Book Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: M/May Book Club   M/May Book Club Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 10:53 pm

I'm really only familiar with Josh Lanyon and Ethan Day from your list. I will bow to your m/m expertise. I will say that I saw a blurb about Cut & Run by Abigail Roux and that looked interesting.

And though not your typical m/m books that you all pimp out (smile/ ie- romances) .... I was recently told by a friend to read At Swim, Two Boys by Jamie O'Neill and Mysterious Skin by Scott Heim. (I might check out the first one sometime... I'm not sure about the other. I saw the movie version of Mysterious Skin and thought it was brilliantly acted and super disturbing. I know there was one scene in particular that was hard to take (emotionally) ... not too many times I have a reaction like that in a movie ... maybe in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (the original one... haven't seen the remake to know how the scene was handled in that one.)

Anyway.... back on to the topic or less serious? or at least more fun m/m books. You all pick something and I'll read it. I do want to check out Cut and Run though, Have any of you read it?
Or Something Like Summer by Jay Bell?
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

M/May Book Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: M/May Book Club   M/May Book Club Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 11:28 pm

Cut and Run series is excellent!!!
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

M/May Book Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: M/May Book Club   M/May Book Club Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 11:23 am

Cut and Run is my favorite, Dew! It's so freaking good!

I've read everything on Dopple's list but Body Art. They were all good. Magic Mansion looks good. I'm waiting for any excuse to read Midnight in Berlin by Merrow smile

I guess I vote Midnight in Berlin of the choices listed since Body Art is short. I'll also throw in Mine by Mary Calmes. That title is AWESOME! I love a growling possessive man Wink Besides Ty and Zane heart the book I'm most looking forward to this month is Shift by Kate Sherwood!!! I think it's going to be goooooood!

We could almost do Ty and Zane as the BOM. We all know we'll be reading it the minute we get our hands on it. The first chapter is up on the publisher website. That fucking note!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

M/May Book Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: M/May Book Club   M/May Book Club Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 11:24 am

No!!! OMG I cannot get my head into that story yet! I did not need to know that!
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

M/May Book Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: M/May Book Club   M/May Book Club Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 11:36 am

I can't get my head "out" of that story. Ty and Zane .......Ty and Zane......Barrons......Adrien and Jake......Ty and Zane. There is a phone call to follow up the note. Tempted to read it?
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

M/May Book Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: M/May Book Club   M/May Book Club Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 2:07 pm

I don't like you anymore.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

M/May Book Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: M/May Book Club   M/May Book Club Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 7:09 am

So..... I must admit I'm not feeling a BOM - it must be that I am TY-red or else I plead temporary inZANEty but maybe this month we take it easy.... We are a week in already!! My bad Sad
Back to top Go down
2shay

M/May Book Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: M/May Book Club   M/May Book Club Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 7:46 am

Midnight In Berlin! I love Merrow!

A Token In Time--Ya'll I am sorry. I have been reading on this book off and on (mostly off) for over a week. I just cannot get into it. So different from anything else he's written. I know. They should have a chance to branch out. Maybe it's just me. I am just not feeling the love.

When A & D comes out.....yep.....drop everything else.Ty and Zane rock.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

M/May Book Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: M/May Book Club   M/May Book Club Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 3:29 pm

I didn't love ATOT either. Still love Ethan!

So, Midnight in Berlin or Armed and Dangerous?
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

M/May Book Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: M/May Book Club   M/May Book Club Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 8:51 am

Hello.....anybody?
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

M/May Book Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: M/May Book Club   M/May Book Club Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 9:00 am

I'm not caught up with the Ty and Zane series. I'm just not as in love with it as the rest of ya.
*ducks!*

So I vote for Midnight in Berlin!
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

M/May Book Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: M/May Book Club   M/May Book Club Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 9:03 am

That works for me! I've been wanting to read it.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

M/May Book Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: M/May Book Club   M/May Book Club Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 9:04 am

In love. Obsessed. Counting down the days!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

M/May Book Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: M/May Book Club   M/May Book Club Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

M/May Book Club
Page 1 of 1