Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

They're Magically Delicious

Go down 
+15
kimba
2shay
ferdy
Greencat
VikingDame
44surf
FaeLadyFaye
showmethelove
amckuen
Doppleganger
Starbrites
gracious-plenty
uapeople
Dragonlady
sabby
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
sabby

sabby

They're Magically Delicious - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 12:19 pm

Hey I'm a Pritkin lover too!!!! bounce in love

And Harry is probably my all time favorite character (most days anyway); he just makes me laugh!!! roflmao
Back to top Go down
amckuen

amckuen

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 5:09 pm

I agree the series gets better as it goes on. I told you jen if you decide to try it again I will read it again with you that might help!!!!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 6:09 pm

DAMMIT!!! I left my new Kindle at work. tantrum

Guess I'll fire up the old one tonight so I can continue reading about Toot Harry.

I knew there was a reason I didn't want to part with the old one when I got my new precious.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 6:50 pm

I gave my old one to my best friend. Talk about lending books! It's still on my account so she has access to everything I've bought. If she wants something that I may not be interested in, she buys it and gifts it to me. Sweet...that way we both have what either of us wants!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 7:44 pm

I love Toot. I don't remember when anything happened so don't want to comment. But I love Toot.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 8:45 am

Bob the angry skull is a riot!

Reminds me of a bit from Victor Gishler's Vampire-A-Go-Go, where a wizard has put a bunch of reanimated heads in a cabinet. They get bored and start a choir for entertainment, but one of them only knows Journey songs.
It sucks to be a reanimated severed head. Or skull, I guess. No wonder Bob is so cranky.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 9:22 am

And he's a lascivious romance novel reading creep. Bob, that is.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:13 pm

Finished Storm Front. Lurved it! After Third Grave, I think i'll go back to the Dresdenverse for a while.
There was some general first-in-series intros and world-building, but nothing lecture-y or otherwise annoying. I thought it was an excellent series starter, and can't wait to read more. cheers

I love a great side character, and Harry has two! Bob and Toot! I got a kick out of Mister too.
This is probably sexist of me, BUT....public male nudity is always funny. Cracks me up every time, especially if the guy is trying to be badass. Or *is* badass but nobody sees the badassery, just the resulting mess and naked fella. Good stuff!
Back to top Go down
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:36 pm

Are Harry Dresden books any good? Is it a long running series? I like Harry Potter bounce
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:43 pm

The series is long and I've heard he has plans to continue the series for several more books. I think it's already at 13 books? I'm not sure anymore. You could draw parallels between Harry Potter and Harry Dresden. Sort of, but only in the most broad terms, they are both living in a magical and mundane world with limited family connections. Other than that the Dresden books are very shoot 'em up bang bang kinds of books with magic instead of guns. I think the working title of book one was Semiautomagic.
Back to top Go down
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:55 pm

Thanks Fae!! The only real male protaganists I've read in YA/UF/PR is Harry Potter..Harry Dresden sounds good but 13 books and more to come..wow..I think I'll probably wait until they've all come out or if I've ran out of things to read (not likely..my TBR pile like everyone else's is neverending).
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 6:52 pm

I was intimidated by the length of Harry's (ahem) series, but now I'm happy that there are plenty more to read. smile
Kevin Hearne's Iron Druid books are compared to Harry Dresden a lot, and I can see why. ThEy are also urban fantasy (no romance), male protagonist, great sidekick, lots of magic and humor. There are only 3 books in that series so far. 1 & 2 are fantastic, #3 is ok.
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 6:59 pm

Yeah I could see the length of Harry's series being... intimidating ( confused ) and I have certainly let that effect me from reading certain series' as well. But Dresdenverse is so worth the time and investment!! And Dopple the list of sidekicks that Harry ends up getting slowly but surely grows with each book and they are all fabulous!!! My absolute favorite is Mouse which I dont think you'll meet til like book 6 or 7. And I LOVE Thomas drool who u meet in book 3.... so hopefully those small teases will keep u going!!! Wink
Oh and yes the series will be long so time to get in would be now. I went to a signing of his last year and he stated that there would be 20 books with a Grand apocalyptic trilogy ending... so I think that means 23 in total!!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 7:17 pm

I absolutely adore Mouse. His relationship with Mister is one of the most charming aspects of the books.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 7:41 pm

You guys are terrible! why!!!

I don't meet Mouse until book 6 or 7?!? Is Mouse an actual....mouse?
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 7:47 pm

Terrible? Sabby and me? Well, I'm flattered.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 8:11 am

Anyone read Ilona Andrews the third Edge book? I just read it. Liked it.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 9:19 am

My tbr pile is so out of control. I've had Fate's Edge on my Kindle since it was released - I preordered it! It's getting really good reviews too. I just haven't gotten to it.

Ilona Andrews' books are like that for me. I don't get very excited about them ahead of time, but then when I read them I'm blown away.

Do I need to reread the other Edge books before Fate's Edge, uap? Or can I dive in without being confused?
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 1:55 pm

I totally forgot the others and the backstory at first but the other characters are in this one...it started to come back to me while reading...I think you will be ok...but definitely the kids Jack (werecat) and George (necromancy), William, Cerise Mar and her cousin Kaldar Mar who you will remember his dad getting his leg chopped off in the last one by the mutant bad guys, and Olivia (sister to the kids) and I forget the name of the blueblood hubby from the 1st one.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 2:13 pm

Declan is the blueblood hubby.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 2:41 pm

Thanks... the name just eluded me
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:42 pm

say what I'm not terrible?!?!?! This is one of the only times I'm ahead of someone in a wonderful series I deserve to tease/taunt/torture as you all do to me!!!! muahahaha whipping

Um I read the 3rd book and I really liked it.... but at least for me it probably would have been helpful to reread the first 2. So if u have the time it would probably be good to do a reread; but UA gave a good run down of the folks in the book and if u remember them than u could be good to go!!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 8:02 pm

I remember the first Edge book pretty well. I can't remember the leg chopping off thing from Book 2 and I'm guessing that was a significant event. I think a reread of book 2 is in order for me. reading

Yes, terrible! kick me
I am really looking forward to cracking open Dresden #2!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 8:21 am

Yeah and if you do reread #2, remind me of that bad girl head honcho that is a blue blood...I forget how she became the head after Spider was almost killed...
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 9:00 am

I would, except I decided to dive in anyway. I got impulsive.

I do remember Kaldar now. He's the one whose magic works by making bets, and he's got this weird kleptomania thing where he steals things and gives them back. I hope I find out why he does that!
But what I love the most about Fate's Edge so far is all the page time Jack and George are getting. Jack heart
I adore these quirky characters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

They're Magically Delicious
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Urban Fantasy & Paranormal Romance Collections :: Urban Fantasy & Paranormal Romance - General Discussion-
Jump to: