Share | 

They're Magically Delicious

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:30 am

smile I won't post spoilers without the pretty stars. Promise!

But hey, I'm always pro protection. Sing away!

“I love language, words, and all the lovely, exciting, and heart wrenching things you can do with them. Pick the right ones, put them in the right order, and you've created a moment in time where the reader forgets about the late car payment, the dirty dishes, the impending workweek. You have created a state of bliss. Or negligence, depending on your perspective ” -- Darynda Jones heart
Back to top Go down
uapeople

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:30 pm

Started today as well

excited Trent Trent Trent very happy
Back to top Go down
uapeople

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:59 am

star around 20-30% star

Omg "big boy" Glenn and who the heck is the nymph again... Daryl is it????? I can't see that in Glenn's personality but who knows what goes on behind closed doors. They all keep asking if he's OK and even Rach asks him if he is OK and he didn't even get why. LMAO
Loving Jenks's reaction and he's funny as usual. I knew it with the Fairy...now all the Tink comments and infatuation may be foreshadowing.
Glad David was really nice to her.
Love Trent. Think he knows something or he wouldn't be not nervous about having her take the cuffs off. Maybe he is giving Al money so he'll protect her. I think he is communicating with some demon. Wanna hear about some parts with him and his baby.
Every time she misses Kisten.... Oh god that gets me.
Marshall is more of an ass than I thought. Hope he has to coming crawling to her sometime for help.

Last edited by uapeople on Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos and clarity)
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:55 am

star 24%, Chapters 1-7 star

I have zero recollection of Daryl from previous books. None. And he's a kinky nymph! How did I miss that?
I agree uap, Jenks is awesome. But in this book so far, Trent is da man. I wonder what's going on in the background with him too.
Marshal is still an ass! Is he really the only other witch Rachel knows? What about that older guy who lives across the street, isn't he still there?
I might've choked up a little about Kisten too when she walked by the neglected pool table. Sad How many books has it been? I'm still not over it.

Wayde! I'm really liking this guy. I have a horrible suspicion that he's a redshirt, so I'm trying not to get too attached. But I really like him.

“I love language, words, and all the lovely, exciting, and heart wrenching things you can do with them. Pick the right ones, put them in the right order, and you've created a moment in time where the reader forgets about the late car payment, the dirty dishes, the impending workweek. You have created a state of bliss. Or negligence, depending on your perspective ” -- Darynda Jones heart
Back to top Go down
uapeople

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:59 am

star 24%, Chapters 1-7 star
The first chapter I believe it is or maybe second she is talking to a dead vampire and at some point hopes it is somehow Kisten *sigh*
I wonder if the were from her little runaway moment on the bus will make a comeback. Wayde in boxers with FIB and IS and at the coffeeshop is hilarious! I wonder if he is making himself at home because the idol is there (isn't it with David still)? I think Wayde isn't going to be the bad guy but I have a feeling he will hurt her or be killed.
The older guy is goes- they mentioned something about that when she was thinking of witches. But doesn't she know the lady from the shop who would sell the disguise spells that her mom would sell to? I was gonna say Ceri- but those are curses. She should just ask Trent. he would do it for her or get a witch to do it for her. If Trent had witnessed Marshall, he would have done something nasty to him in some way. I really like him now.
I guess she can't even ask Lee because I guess he is too demon like her.
Do you think the bad guys may be a left over scientist from Trent's father's regime gone bad?
Back to top Go down
uapeople

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:35 pm

LMAO "dirt nap" Jenks calls a dead vampire. roflmao
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:05 pm

roflmao

We should keep track of all the good Jenks quotes!

Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:50 pm

Ok I got it ready to go on my Kindle. Now to just find some extra time so I can read it loo

Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:15 am

star Perfect Blood, 35% star

I am soooo ready for Rachel to take off the cuff!

Back to top Go down
uapeople

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:30 pm

Doppleganger wrote:
roflmao

We should keep track of all the good Jenks quotes!

we should....and Rachel has good ones, too.
"Walkie Talkie" guy

star 30-35% star

OK so I just want to say that I hope Glenn isn't under thrall from a dead master vampire...walkie talkie guy alluded to that and I forgot.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:15 pm

I managed to get through chapters 1 &2. I have an unhappy infant right now so not sure when or how much reading I can get in. baby

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:26 pm

To quote Reyes from Daryinda "Babies R Cool" baby
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:13 pm

And time consuming!

A Perfect Blood, ~40%

It's bugging me that nobody has tried to figure out who the old vamp possessing Nina is. They have part of his last name, know he stays in his basement almost all the time, he's very old, and he has a long history working with the IS. It couldn't be that hard for Ivy to figure out who he is.
I smell a setup!

Latest Jinks quote: "That's a cap of toad shit!"

ETA: OMG - They killed Kenny! LMAO!

Back to top Go down
uapeople

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:28 pm

My kindle died!!!!!!!!!
I finally had time to read and it froze. I turned if back on and it died! At least I have my itouch! Just hurts my eyes after a while.
Nice south park reference...lmao
Back to top Go down
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:23 pm

star A Perfect Blood star

Just finished..it felt like a longer book than the previous nine(?) and it took me a few days to finish. The first 50% was quite slow and I got quite frustrated with Rachel.. I did enjoy the latter half..there was more action, more Al, more Trent and more cherry pie excited

Did anyone else find it a bit unvelievable that the IS, FIB not to mention Rachel and co had such a hard time capturing the 5 human HAPA members?! I know they were using magic and had the help of some undercover HAPA member but they were outnumbered and surrounded by FIB and IS on 2 occassions and still managed to get away.

I love Trent and Rachel but I still haven't forgiven him for all the hell he put her through in the previous books..but I do think he's starting to redeem himself. It was a bit odd that in Pale Demon Trent seemed to want to be closer with Rachel at the end of the book but in this book there were a few times he seemed a bit hesistant with their new dynamic and Rachel seemed to be eager to be closer to Trent. I really want their relationship to be explored more in the next book. I was quite bothered withTrent and Ceri's relationship..they're basically a married couple..they may not have a physical relationship but they seem to have the emotional relationship of a husband and wife..which to me is just as if not more important than a physical relationship..I don't know how Rachel would fit into Trent and Ceri's little family..It's odd that Trent is shown to be Ray's dad rather than Quen..It left me wondering why it wasn't an issue and why Quen wasnt bothered that Trent is basically raising Ray with Ceri??...I hope the next book sheds more light on that situation.

I wish Al had been in it a bit more, he's just so entertaing..It did look like he was jealous of Trent as well..I hope they both try and win Rachel's heart in the next book. I loved the addition of Winona but Wayde was slightly irritating.

Ivy, Jenks and Rachel seem to be drifting a little..they don't seem to spend as much time together just hanging out at the church and in the kitchen together..I did like when they were all eating pizza at Glenn's..I hope Ivy and Jenks have bigger roles in the next book..there was way too much time spent on the HAPA members..who we'll prob never see again.

Jenks had some great lines and I loved his awkwardness around Belle when she made him that coat..it was adorable heart
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:03 pm

I'll probably finish tonight! cheers

Then I'll be sad, because it's a long wait until the next one.

Lady Uap - Not the Kindle! Which model do you have and how old is it?

star Perfect Blood star

I did wonder how a small group of humans had been able to not only evade the IS and FIB, but how in the hell they managed to steal some large, illegal blood testing equipment from Trent. Trent has everything set up like a fortress, and his security is top notch. To have it all foiled by humans using a simple glamor charm doesn't jibe.

I am also a little perturbed on Quen's behalf by Ceri and Trent's spouse-like relationship. I'm not done with the book, so if there's an explanation for Quen's acceptance I haven't gotten to it yet. But I'd think he'd be more territorial about Ceri and the baby, even when it comes to Trent.

The more I read about Wayde, the more I like. I don't know if he's Mr. Right or Mr. Right Now for Rachel, but I'm good either way.

Back to top Go down
uapeople

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:09 pm

star 68% star
Loving Trent in this one! He shows emotion and screws up in front of Al showing he'd give his life for hers. He rescues her. And Jon is a hound...alive...omg
Back to top Go down
uapeople

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:09 pm

Kindle dx. It came back though tg.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:20 pm

Phew! Glad to hear it.

star Perfect Blood ~70%ish star

This really is Trent's book, isn't it? He is DA MAN in this one.

Back to top Go down
uapeople

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:05 am

TRENT TRENT TRENT!!!!! happy dance twirling cheers drool yummy in love spoilers excited very happy flirty
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:20 pm

Finished during lunch! cheers

Really liked the last chapter too. smile

Back to top Go down
uapeople

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:52 pm

star 80%star
Star crossed lover ring to take her to him? Omg I wonder if the time she uses it he will be naked... Lol. He didn't have to tell her the lover part. Sneaky elf... Jerks saying he reminds her of his kids when they like a girl leaving something for her snd not telling her. I so see trend as shy with her. What the heck happened at camp and why didn't she remember when she did the curse to not forget?
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:14 pm

star Perfect Blood star

The part where Rachel touches Trent's face and then wonders why she did that screams "suppressed memories". I think Jenks is quite the insightful fellow! I also suspect the ring is a hint. Lovers that fate has separated....hmmmm.

One other Trent question -- how did he read her mind? End of Chapter 18 (64%), Rachel was thinking that Al would jump 'me' into the afterlife, which Trent correct to 'us'. Was that a spell or there something else we don't know about the elf? If he could read minds, it would certainly explain his business success.

I'm so twitchy for the next book, and it's a long wait! Sad

Back to top Go down
uapeople

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:38 pm

star 87% star
Trent to the rescue again. Loved his punch and him going did I do it wrong is it supposed to hurt and him carrying her out... And he was in a meeting and poofed out. Quen probably is freaking out trying to find him...lol. So Daryl is a girl? Hmmmm was this someone they rescued? Now it makes more sense. I picture our big boy with 2 gals not a gal and a guy. Interesting. I think she will restore Trents fingers and his ears as well. Can't wait! Him pulling his hair behind his ear and she reaching for it *sigh*

As for the mind reading... Maybe she sent it to him? Also she seems to have a sense of premonition ...she is always part of the action. I also wonder about her having issues with the sun....like light and dark.... And Trent is making his aura lighter...is he giving her smut or is he doing good and lightening it or is rachael taking it from him?

Last edited by uapeople on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added more)
Back to top Go down
uapeople

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:07 am

star finished star
OK, so Glen is gonna leave...how did he become so domestic with Daryl? It seems so unlikely...and he obviously still likes Ivy. Will be interesting when he isn;t in FIB only his father will be to deal with, but now they have that vamp in IS and Ivy has the gal he was in. Hope she doesn't get hot and heavy with the master dead vamp. I like Rynn Cormell better. I wonder when Lee will pop back up. Loved seeing Al with the baby elves. And the steps to Al....lmao. I so hope Trent and Rachel become an item and I hope that Ceri doesn't marry him for political reasons. That would be so sad for Rachael, but it would protect her and him if they did have a relationship, no one would know because he would be fake married to Ceri. Loved David (were pack leader) on this one. Loved Al admitting he didn't know how to do something. Loved how Ceri trusted him sort of and how she knew his tells. He must not be all that bad if she lets him near after years belonging to Al. Loved Trent and him liking the adventure. What happened while eating pie? And they had cherry pie for 4 days at his house...lol. What about Junior's owner and wiping his mind? And them saying like it happened to him before. Who are these men in black? And alluding to an affair with Trent's mom and Rachel's non-biological dad. And how funny when she beat up Wyade...Takata is gonna be pissed at him! I really don't want him as a love interest. Do you think one of the men in black will be the were on the bus?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   

Back to top Go down

They're Magically Delicious
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next