Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let's Talk Romance !!!!

Go down 
+13
FaeLadyFaye
girlwhowaited
sabby
amckuen
kimba
hopsngrapes
Doppleganger
Greencat
Starbrites
calimama
uapeople
2shay
gracious-plenty
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

Let's Talk Romance !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 1:41 pm

heart This thread is dedicated to all things Romance heart

We've never had a place to be able to discuss the other genres that we all read besides UF/PR vampy werewolf.

So now we can have fun discussing all the other wonderful books we read that has lots of romance in them.
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 2:14 pm

Let me be the first to post. I have recommended the I-Team series by Pamela Clare on another thread, and several have picked it up. Now we have a place to talk about it! happy dance
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 3:00 pm

excited happy dance shake it baby

Yay Shay poster....#1
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 3:53 pm

LOL...Can you believe on Romance? snort Never thought it would happen... heart
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 6:45 am

I read lots of Scottish somewhat historical romance. Some are quite good, some not so much.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 9:45 am

uap--Let us know the good ones. Since reading the I-Team, I might...might, I say...be a bit more interested in romance. I love KMM's Highlander series...just a little paranormal with the time travel stuff. I don't know if I could do straight historical romance, but Pamela Clare's historical romance starts in December and I KNOW I will read that. She is so good.
Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 11:26 pm

2shay, I'm reading Hard Evidence right now. I'm at about 35% . I'm not liking it as much as the first. Tessa is a little too damsel in distress for me and Julian is a little too cocky (heh).
That said, I can't wait until they hook up. Wink
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 7:45 am

Yeah. Calli...by the end of the book I predict that you will be crazy about Julian. heart
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 3:46 pm

Julian is great! I loved all the books but I think Julian,Hunter,Gabe and Zach are my favorites. I liked Reece but The books just got so much better after the first one. What do you think shay, which book was your favorite? I think mine might be Hunter. Heck they were all good.. smile

I have been reading Janet Chapmans Highlander books. The first one was decent but the second one I did not care for all that much. Has anyone else read these?
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 5:52 pm

Weelllll.....if I had to pick a favorite.....I guess it would be Zack. I have a reason. I read that book with the image of Jed Hill as Zack...which was PC's intent. I swear...that is THE sexiest man I have ever seen. But, I adored Gabe. And, maybe I liked Julian better...I loved Reese, and he HAD to be first because The Senator was necessary in the other books. He helped bring resolution to the other stories...and....he had that sexy conversation about oral sex in the first book. Did I make a clear choice? Snort...they are all HAWT!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 7:21 pm

Read something interesting on the I-Team fb page. PC said her b-I-l actually did in Afghanistan what her character, Zack, does in his book. Cool.
Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 8:15 pm

I just got through Chap. 19. Holy detachable shower head!!! I think I read a couple more chapters last night, but I had to stop before I got to a point where I couldn't put the book down.

OK, in all honesty, Julian has really grown on me. I loved the moment where all the girls sat outside in their car in order to get a look at him. Too funny. I'm hoping Tessa has some kick ass moments too.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 9:29 am

LOL@Cali......Holy detachable shower head! Not only are the guys HOT, theyvare inventive!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 5:47 pm

roflmao Both great moments calimama!!
Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 5:06 pm

I finished I-team book 2!!! By the end, I loved it. How did that happen? The part where all the men were fixing Tessa and Julian's house at the end was a little corny and far from believable, but shit, a girl can dream can't she? I mean, really, what a day that would be if all of our husbands were not only swoon-worthy but fixing a house, topless, together. Ha, I allowed myself to enjoy that fantasy. If only....

So I downloaded book 3 on my kindle last night thinking I would only read a few chapters before bed. Wowza, that book starts with a bang. Wink I didn't want to put it down. heart Hunt.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 6:49 pm

Cali--I loved that scene! When Julian took a drink of water and let it tickle down his chest.....and Holly groaned! drool
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 7:11 pm

I loved them all but Hunt is by far my favorite.. Let us know how this book treats ya Cali! Wink
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 8:03 pm

Zack....Zack.....!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 7:21 pm

There are links on the pimp it thread to Jed Hill. Pamela Clare named him in the acknowledgments of Breaking Point as the cover model for the book and her mental image of Zack as she was writing. Damn. He is fine.

Zack...sigh....thud....
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 1:36 pm

I picked up a recommendation on the Pamela Clare fb page for Shannon McKenna's McCloud series. I thought okay, I will give it a try. Got the first book, Behind Closed Doors. Been reading on it off and on for a couple of days. I had a lot of personal distractions and had a bit of trouble getting into the story. I had so much going on that I wasn't sure if I was just too worried about other stuff, or if the story just wasn't that good. Well, the distractions are over for the moment and I have found that this story is just charming me to no end! I think I have already decided to read the whole series and I'm only 50% in. As the mc's get more into each other *snort*, I have gotten more into their story. Imagine that.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 2:33 pm

star Unlawful Contact star

for those of you reading the I-Team series. In this book, Sophie and Marc's story, the state senator, Reese, at the end gets a law passed in Colorado banning the shackling of women prisoners who are in labor. This was actually done. By Pamela Clare. She wrote the law banning the shackling of women in labor, testified before the Colorado senate, and worked tirelessly to pass the law. It passed. One more reason to read these books. PC's brother-in-law actually did the things attributed to Zack while in Afghanistan in the latest book, Breaking Point. I haven't found out about some of the others, but I expect that PC has personal knowledge of all the "cases" in these books.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 6:56 pm

Well....dragging my little toe in the dirt, feeling lonely on the playground....just bouncing my little romance ball.....no one wants to play...

Okay. Ladies, we are having a BLAST on the I-Team fb page! Those girls come to play! Wanna see some sexy guy pics?
Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 10:42 pm

Hi 2shay!!! Hi
I just finished Hunt's book last night. I think this may have been my favorite so far. Hunt's story was so dramatic and interesting. I was a little choked up at the end. Even though I knew there had to be a HEA, I kept expecting the worst.

Thanks for that info about the law. When I read the end about Reece passing those laws, I was wondering if they were real. They seemed so specific. Then I read the dedication and I knew Pamela Clare had to have a personal connection to Megan's story.

I just started Kat's story. I'm hooked already.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 11:45 pm

heart Hunt heart

Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 12:59 am

One day I will catch up, one day smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's Talk Romance !!!!
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Need A Little Romance- *Contemporary * Historical * Kilts * :: It's All About The Romance-
Jump to: