Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let's Talk Romance !!!!

Go down 
+13
FaeLadyFaye
girlwhowaited
sabby
amckuen
kimba
hopsngrapes
Doppleganger
Greencat
Starbrites
calimama
uapeople
2shay
gracious-plenty
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
2shay

Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 8:59 am

Sabby.... heart

Okay...more on Laura Harner....she writes everything. I just read her mystery/romance, Forbidden Love. I had no problem figuring out who done it, but I still loved it. Straight m/f...! I like this writer. She can write it all!
Back to top Go down
girlwhowaited

girlwhowaited

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 2:55 pm

Well, um, seeing as I'm close to finishing PsyCop *sniff* (I'm in the middle of GhostTV), would love a rec on a new good series. Preferably lots of angst & mush, not too much smut.... I prefer contemporary reads but am open to anything, really.... though, it has to be m/m..... since that is my main cup of tea. lol

Oh and so far I have read Adrien English, Ty&Zane (duh), PsyCop, Keeping Promises, A to Z. And a bunch of stand-alones.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 3:12 pm

Girl, I'll recommend Tigers & Devils by Sean Kennedy for a fabulous nonsmutty m/m romance. Unfortunately it's a standalone. Sad
We have a lot of discussions on the Dick Lit thread, if you want to poke through those for ideas.

ETA: Just saw your post on the Dick Lit thread! confused
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 9:36 am

Doppleganger wrote:
Hearts In Darkness by Laura Kaye - I loved this book! It's a quick novella at 112 pages. I started it a little late last night, thinking I would just read a little before going to sleep. Then I couldn't put it down and stayed up waaaay late to finish.
I'm sucking down coffee like it's going out of style this morning, and it's Laura Kaye's fault!!

The story starts with McKenna struggling with her bag and phone while Caden holds the elevator for her. They are complete strangers. Because she is fussing around with her bag, all he can see of her is her hair and all she notices of him is the tattoo on his hand while he's holding the door. Soon after the elevator starts moving, the electricity goes out and the lights fail. They are in pitch black, stuck in the elevator for roughly the first half of the book. Great dialogue and lots of heat!
Doesn't hurt that Caden is all kinds of swoonworthy. drool

I just read this book. I guess I hadn't noticed that you had put what a quick read it was but not that I minded cause girl I absolutely LOVED it and you are so right Caden is totally swoon worthy! Yummy!

Don't ya kinda wish there was more of that story? I do. I liked those two.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 2:11 pm

Dopp and SB--I jost downloaded Hearts In Darkness...
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:20 pm

Read it! Loved it! Looking for more Kaura Kaye!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 10:52 pm

I'm so glad you guys liked Hearts in Darkness! heart
I want to read some more of Laura Kaye's books too. I'll try not to let her keep me up so late again. Woman owes me a coffee from last time. irish
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 10:54 pm

It was fantastic and I TBR her other books.

So 59% into a book called Everything in its time by Dee Davis and WOW I don't even want to put it down to go to sleep. Scottish romance/ time travel with some mystery and emotional to me anyway. I don't know how it will end but if anyone's interested in these kinds of stories like I am I'd say even at 59% it's worth it.

Just had to throw that out there. I know for sure that you'd love this book 2shay.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 10:13 am

I finished the book and I have to recommend it. It was amazing! Loved it! Loved it! Loved it!

Scottish Romance with Time Travel,Mystery,deception and a whole roller coaster full of emotions.
So if you have a hard time with emotional things then stay away but I have to admit that I thought this book was damn good and tops MY list for this year. For me anyway this was a fantastic read.

Everything in its time by Dee Davis!!
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 11:13 am

Today the FREE book at All Romance is CLAIMED by Evangeline Anderson. happy dance Its the first in a series and although the premise at first wasnt something that appealed to me; it actually was a very entertaining read. Its got some great slow HAWT seduction and some of the funniest food lines I've ever read!! Laughing especially about cows roflmao !!!! I recommend this I've read the next 2 and really enjoyed them as well and this author also has some M/M books.

Here is the link for the free book:
http://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-claimed-575263-144.html
Merry Christmas!! Wink

Last edited by sabby on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add link)
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 3:22 pm

Laura Kaye---Said I was looking for more of her books...I go Forever Freed. Ya'll I'm not through, but I have to tell you a little about it. Lucien is a vampire. A depressed vampire. He is also an empath. He doesn't like to kill things. But, he really needs to kill someone with a lot of happy thoughts so he can drink, absorb and feel those happy thoughts. The early part is sort of sad...but not too much. Pretty early he meets a woman who just radiates happiness....he wants her....he wants to EAT her...kill her. He stalks her. She has a daughter. Lucian falls like a ton of bricks for the 5 year old daughter. Just totally smitten. No longer wants to hurt the child by killing the mom.

This is VERY different. I am lovin' it!

Starbrites---I will download Everything In It's Time as soon as I leave PURLS.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 4:50 pm

Adding Forever Freed to my TBR list..
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 4:58 pm

I looked up that book last night, Shay! I read the description and thought it looked good.
Sounds like it has a Jerry Macguire thing going on - becoming smitten with the kid first and then falling for the mom. (?) Except for wanting to kill and eat her - that part wasn't in the movie.

Let me know when you finish it (assuming you haven't yet - you read so fast!).
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 5:14 pm

Doppleganger wrote:
I looked up that book last night, Shay! I read the description and thought it looked good.
Sounds like it has a Jerry Macguire thing going on - becoming smitten with the kid first and then falling for the mom. (?) Except for wanting to kill and eat her - that part wasn't in the movie.

Let me know when you finish it (assuming you haven't yet - you read so fast!).

roflmao What a movie that would make..
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 5:38 pm

Pamela Clare / I-Team fans... PC wrote a blog over at goodreads and I believe Facebook. Decorating cookies with the I-Team Guys. I also noticed in the comments that she wrote she would be starting to write the next I-Team book soon which makes me excited and makes me want to do a happy dance Ok, here is the link!

http://www.goodreads.com/author_blog_posts/1887815-decorating-christmas-cookies-with-the-i-team-guys

Getting ready to start Surrender!!

Last edited by starbrites on Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added something.)
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 8:02 am

I read that blog. SB! Man I love Pamela Clare. And I love her fan page. We talk about EVERYTHING! Had a long discussion yesterday about rape vs. forced seduction in historical fiction. We had another discussion going about breed specific legislation on dog breeds. All kins of things are talked about. It's a ball!

Dopple--I really liked Forever Freed. A lot. I will continue with her books as soon as I have time. So many books..oy..my head spins. Now SB has me hooked on Dee Davis.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 9:14 pm

I read the second book of Dee Davis highland time travel. I thought it was fantastic. I really enjoy her writing. The first one I thought was the best but I'll be glad when the 3rd comes out.

Tomorrow is a big day for releases. For me anyway! Pamela Clare, Debbie Mazzuca and Faith Hunter!!!

Shay~ I don't think that group is open any longer for new people to join.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 4:11 pm

PC's group is closed? I didn't know that! Oh, well. I'm in. Go me!

Speaking of Pamela Clare....I just finished Untamed, the second book in her MacKinnon Brothers series. I loved Surrender, buy SB? Untamed is better. If you liked Iain and Annie, you will go nuts for Morgan and Amalie! Jeez, PC can write an historical romance as well or BETTER than anyone I have ever read. I started on her I-Team series, and loved them, but she can really rock an historical. I have already pre-ordered Defiant, the third book of the MacKinnons.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 7:45 pm

This is starting to sound thematic. Just finished Maya Banks KGI series. All four of them. The first is The Darkest Hour.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 2:10 pm

I got the nicest Kindlegraph from Laura Kaye on Hearts of Darkness! Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 6 1411493828
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 4:20 pm

2shay wrote:
This is starting to sound thematic. Just finished Maya Banks KGI series. All four of them. The first is The Darkest Hour.

How were these books shay? I haven't had the chance to read any of them.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 4:21 pm

Doppleganger wrote:
I got the nicest Kindlegraph from Laura Kaye on Hearts of Darkness! Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 6 1411493828

What is a kindlegraph?
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 4:55 pm

www.kindlegraph.com

Autographs for your Kindle books! You request the Kindlegraph for a specific ebook, and a few days later you get a pdf of the book cover and a short message/signature from the author. (They may not all do the little message, but all of mine have had that.) I'll see if I can put one of mine in the Gallery!

The following authors have at least one book on Kindlegraph:
Darynda Jones
Trina M. Lee
Josh Lanyon
Ethan Day
Laura Kaye
Larissa Ione
Z.A. Maxfield
CL Parker

There are a lot more, but those are the names I found and recognized.

The catch is you need a twitter account for it to work. The Kindlegraph is free, but you will be charged for amazon's personal document service (15 cents in the US for each Kindlegraph).
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 4:59 pm

I do know someone with a Nook who got one. I don't know exactly what you have to do in that instance.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 5:07 pm

The Kindlegraph itself is a pdf file. I don't know how the process differs, but if your ereader will take a pdf (and Nooks do) then you should be able to get one.

I put one of mine in the Cyber Bar section of the Gallery. (I couldn't decide which Gallery folder to put it in, so forgive me if it seems out of place.)

Kindlegraph Example

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's Talk Romance !!!!
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Need A Little Romance- *Contemporary * Historical * Kilts * :: It's All About The Romance-
Jump to: