Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let's Talk Romance !!!!

Go down 
+13
FaeLadyFaye
girlwhowaited
sabby
amckuen
kimba
hopsngrapes
Doppleganger
Greencat
Starbrites
calimama
uapeople
2shay
gracious-plenty
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:33 pm

Good gravy, Shay! What are you averaging lately, a book a day?

I'm simultaneously jealous of all your reading time and sorry for the reason behind it.

Aaaaahhh, Highlanders. I do have a thing for men in kilts. in love

Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 8:34 am

Yeah....the reason I am getting in so much reading time totally sucks....but...getting to read a lot is just so fine.

star In Bed With A Highlander by Maya Banks.... star .first of the McCabe Brothers trilogy....or maybe more? Okay. I know Starbrites liked these, and frankly so did I. Now. Truth in pimping. If you pick these up expecting to find a highlander story on a par with Diana Gabaldon or Karen Marie Moning, you are going to be disappointed. These are very light weight stories. Almost no real history, very little back story to the main characters and the character development is a little shallow. Not a story that will pick at your brain and keep you up late at night wanting just a few more pages. Easy to lay them down and go do something else. That isn't aways a bad thing. Having said that.....I like the story. They are pure time-killers. Again, not a bad thing. I think I will have forgotten the story and the characters within days of finishing. No Jamie Fraser, Jericho Barrons. No Rhage, Z, V, Wrath or Rhev. No Bones. None of those unforgettable men. No Clare. No Kitten. No Jane or Charlie. No wonderful, loveable, kick-butt women. Still.....I like the story and will finish the series.

So....if there is time or need for something easy, peasy and fun....I recommend this book...Shay
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 2:58 pm

Shay your description is dead on. It's a good story but your right again it does not compare to what were used too.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 4:02 pm

Oh Shay hugs this drought has sucked ASS!!!!!!!!

I mean seriously wtf right?

We were lucky enough to get a little shower this am and it's been very cloudy all day.

I will do my very best luv to send it your direction when we're done with it Wink
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 12:12 am

Shay. This actually sounds good to me. I haven't been able to commit to anything since I read the Hunger Games series. The books weighed on me for a bit, plus life has been hectic lately. I'm going to go read a sample of the book and I'll let you know if I pick it up. I loved the I-team series you pimped earlier.

I'll cross my fingers for some rain for you.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 6:44 am

Cali and GP.....thanks for thinking rain! It is raining great big buckets about 30 miles east of here this morning...and moving away. Still, rain chances for the next two days!

Cali, I am on the second book now. Reading slower. It is sort of nice to read a book that leaves me alone at night and let's me sleep. I am liking this.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 10:42 am

No! No! No! Seduction Of A Highland Lass......! Second book.....! Maya Banks! I fuckin' HATE this bitch! I am at 89% and I don't even want to read another word! I have been crying so friggin' hard I can't see! Even Bree is worried cause I can't stop! I HATE cryin'! Do not read this book if you tend to cry at sad stories. Damn.....going to stop now. Eat a bite.....try to get a grip....

Uap.....do not get into this one.....anyone else...have tissue.....

I have no idea how this will end, and I am not sure I can finish. Not kidding. Bad, bad, mean, nasty, ugly, hateful writer! Making Shay cry. Stupid book.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 12:01 pm

After breakfast and a little walk I had the nerve to start reading again. Sniffle.....okay. So, I don't hate Maya Banks any more. sniff But, it was very emotional. Huh? What? You missed my previous post? Damn! That fun little, easy, peasy first book did NOT prepare me for the emotional roller coaster of the second book. It was good, too. Don't worry....I will survive! Bree is asleep in my lap now instead of pacing and trying to figure out what the hell is wrong. I think I might have caused Bree some distress.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 12:10 pm

October 25 th release of third book. Pacing. Wringing hands.

ETA: Third book....Never Love A Highlander.....I read the teaser chapter. Smiling! Looks like it is going to be sooooooo good. Just a couple of weeks until release. Ahem. A lot more character development in second book. Not all of my posts about book one are holding true for the second book and apparently, from the teaser, the third. Pretty good stuff. Even if book two made me cry. A lot.
Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 3:49 pm

SHAY!!! I bought the first book last night and read a bit more than half before I finally called it a night. It was exactly what I needed--light, funny, romantic, and sexy Highlanders. Mairin and Ewan gave a chuckle a few times.

I just read the rest of your posts. Oh no. Book 2 sounds intense. I'm still going to read it, but maybe I'll wait a week so I'm closer to the release of book 3. Is each book about a different brother?
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 8:55 pm

Well now I cannot wait to read the second one. Not that I enjoy books that make me cry but if it made you insane like that then I am thinking it is a dang good read! To bad I started drawing out of the dang hat today.. smile Guess I'll just have to wait till I draw it.

Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 3:28 pm

Just read The Kindling Heart by Carmen Caine.. A really good read..

Amazon's Product Description...

Ruan MacLeod was through with women. They were nothing but trouble. Leaving the rash life of his youth behind, he returned to Skye, seeking peace. He never meant to split the clan or start a war with the MacDonald of Duntulm. He certainly never foresaw an arranged marriage to the most scandalous woman in Scotland. Even though she was twice his age, the size of a horse and mother to more than one illegitimate child, he agreed to secure his sister’s freedom.

However, even that plan goes drastically awry. On his wedding day, he finds himself faced instead with an enticing, green-eyed lass named Bree. A walking disaster, his bride immediately turns his world into chaos and threatens to melt his resolve never to love again.

Betrayed by her own mother, Bree flees to Skye, thinking only to reunite with her long, lost father. Instead, she finds herself wed to Ruan MacLeod as a replacement bride. When she is forced to remain in the castle, she is soon caught between brothers and the mentally ill wife of the laird.

Shy, yet strong, Bree embarks on a journey of independence and learns along the way that all men are not necessarily evil. In fact, one particularly brooding, yet gentle-hearted warrior is worthy of love, and she soon loses her heart forever.

I wasn't sure how it would be but I loved it and at the price of .99 cents I was not about to pass it up..

Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 2:02 pm

cali----Did ou finish Seduction of a Highland Lass yet? Tell me....tell me.....did it make you cry?

Starbrites....that sounds like a good read....hmmmm.....might need to pick that up. I seem to be stuck on highlanders.

I have been reading Monica McCarty's highlander series. Just bought the third book. These are loosely based on real people. The MacLeods of Skye during the early 1600's. A lot of history. A lot. Pretty good. Not great. Another one of those series that leaves you wondering whatever happened to the other brother. So, you buy the next and the next, even though they aren't anything really special. Still, I love the history of the highlands so I they are okay and I will happily keep on reading. Just saying if you aren't pretty interested in the politics of the time, these might not work for you.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 4:00 pm

I'm a little addicted to Highlander books too right now. I think we need a smile for that. They problay don't have a smiley with a kilt..

I just finished up the last book in Melissa Mayhue's Highlander series. I'm not to sure if it was the very last one but it is I know for sure the last one that is out to read at this time. They were fantastic! It took me a few weeks to get threw them but I was only getting 1 or 2 a time from the library. It's a series I would read again later down the road.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 5:16 pm

Read the 1st in the Blue Bells of Scotland Trilogy. Not bad and has real history built in. Now I want book 2.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 5:17 pm

There is a smiley with a kilt but he's not very cute or I would have used him already.
I'll do another search for one and if I don't find anything better then I will add the other one
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 6:43 pm

Reading the second book in Maya Banks Highlander Trilogy and sense I read what you wrote about the crying you did Shay I keep waiting for the big moment that i'm going to react the same way. smile
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 8:44 pm

Starbrites---Damn, I wish I hadn't said that! Shoot. Well, you might not have thought it was sad at all! We will see.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 10:18 pm

No worries Shay! smile I'm a little more then half way threw so I should finish up sometime tomorrow. I'll let you know if I cried! smile
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 8:57 am

very sad I can nearly tear up again just thinking about it!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 10:48 am

Ok, I downloaded the 1st because it was 3.99 but I won't read it....oh wait that is the daughters of the glen series. I will add the other to my wish list.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 2:43 pm

Finished! That turned out to be a damn good book! What do you say Shay, were you not impressed with Caelen? He really stepped up! 10 Just loved it and I bet the 3rd one will be even better!
Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 10:27 pm

OK, I'm about 2/3 of the way through Seduction of a Highland Lass. (actually 70% now that I look). I do not want to cry! No crying!!! I'm going a bit slow now that I know I'm getting closer to the sad part. Plus, this book hasn't quite hooked me in the same way that the first one did. Will my opinion completely change once I finish it? Starbrites, I'm glad to hear that you loved it too.

Ugghhh, I hope no one dies.... Shay, I'm imagining the worst.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 10:02 am

Cali---the first book was such an easy book to enjoy without being.....caught in a trap! The second book just floored me. I thought the last half or third was as heart wrenching as anything I have ever read. Really looking forward to number three.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 10:20 am

Yes the last half of the second book was gut wrenching but so damn good. I think the 3rd will be the best. I'm hoping anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Romance !!!!   Let's Talk Romance !!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's Talk Romance !!!!
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Need A Little Romance- *Contemporary * Historical * Kilts * :: It's All About The Romance-
Jump to: