Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series

Go down 
+6
Oh Yes
Doppleganger
uapeople
sabby
2shay
Greencat
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage

Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 10:13 pm

What 2Shay said! I read each book in five days or less back to back! I was up until all hours of the morning, reading at traffic lights, reading on the toilet lid while the kids where in the bath, etc., etc.

I remember when I read Echo and I was at the very end of the book, it was 4:00 a.m. in the morning and I had to get up at 6:30. The damn book didn't have the last 3 paragraphs! I had a faulty book, I was so pissed! Luckily, my friends on the internet were able to email me the paragraphs until I could get the book replaced. Of all the luck! Mad cussing

Enjoy Greencat!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 10:58 pm

Oh that would have sucked so bad.. I am right there with you guys. It's hard to walk away from these books. I'm still trying to get threw the fiery cross. I think I have like 300 pages left to go. So i'm thinking I should finally be done by Monday and then I can start up on the next one!! smile These books are so damn addictive!!! I luv um!!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 8:36 pm

they are like crack. If I was missing the last paragraphs I'd scream!

The night I was worried about why Paul wasn't answering my emails all day or the phone and I was thinking something happened to my 13 year old dog, my sister in law's 18 year old dog, or my sister in law since Paul's last email to me the night before he was concerned about his health, I tried to sleep and couldn't so I had picked up the last 2 books at the store of Cross Stitch (the UK version of Outlander) and I was reading the wedding night scene since I heard it was different. What sticks in my mind was Jamie talking about the reasons he married her and how he would tell her the others in time maybe and also how he wanted to hear about Frank. It sticks even more now. Anyway, I will maybe try LKH because I'm sure the sex sex and more sex will be so repetitive it will amuse me instead of upsetting me in this new one...or I could be wrong. Who knows?

Actually I read the short story in the new Hexed collection by Ilona Andrews. It is the nerdy magical tiger shifter Dali and Jim (the were leader under Curran). It was very good but there was one moment where I lost it emotionally, but I did write down the lines because they were very poignant. Worth the read.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 5:04 pm

Well I think I may just be able to start a breath of snow and ashes tonight. Busy day today but it's almost time to relax with some Jamie, Claire and the gang! smile
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 7:14 am

I just noticed how once people read Outlander, their signatures seem to take on Outlander quotes. LOL... How can they not?
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 12:10 pm

Hey he always says the best things and if they make me tear up there so worth displaying!! smile
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 4:54 pm

True.....I've been on the series for a good, long while....my siggy still has a Jamie quote. Probably always will. Jamie is the guy that can totally ruin you for other guys...fictional guys, that is. Perfect man....even though he doesn't think so...! Maybe that's part of what makes him perfect.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 4:57 pm

what she said
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 1:53 pm

uapeople wrote:
I just noticed how once people read Outlander, their signatures seem to take on Outlander quotes. LOL... How can they not?

Mine hasn't changed (Yet) does that mean I'm not worthy lol. Or it might just mean there are so many good lines I can't choose

Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 6:58 pm

Your siggy is great, Amanda! Who can't appreciate a great Curran quote? twirling
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 6:50 am

ditto
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 2:05 am

Felt a change of avatar was in need. Can you tell what series I'm reading. roflmao
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 2:39 am

roflmao Luv the new avatar!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 9:12 pm

Love it too! There are some great whisky commercials that I must post when I am at my computer. Really hot actor/model in them all
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 9:15 pm

OK search YouTube for William Lawson whiskey. There is a basic instinct themed one and many other great ones like one in the rain stuck in a car.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 9:25 pm

Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 5:30 pm

Nearly finished Dragonfly in Amber!! Claire and Jamie have been everywhere with me the last couple of weeks, to the store, in the car, at work (Only on breaks but still)
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 6:36 am

Love that book! That has so much good (and bad) stuff happen!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:21 am

I have James Avery silver earrings of dragonflies because I love DIA so much.....wonderful book. Makes you wish you had stock in kleenex. I cried....
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 12:28 pm

I loved dragonflys. They are in so many different cultures meaning different things...spiritual, souls, good, evil, etc. I hadn't seen a dragonfly since I was a kid and I saw 3 recently and I was finally removing this chicken wire my husband wanted removed for years that was just rolled up in the backyard and I say a dragonfly wing. I went to pick it up and it flew right out of my hand. I think Paul was trying to tell me something....maybe not worry so much at getting all those little things I never got done done? Anyway I think dragonflies are meaningful and every time I see one I think it is a sign from Paul since he knew how much I loved them. And those earrings are verra beautiful Shay!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 12:31 pm

Oh and I was looking over the fan art on DG's compuserve sight and ya gotta see Silva's drawing of Roger- it was quite a few pages back, but OMG! and there is a drawing of Claire that says "Juis suis priest Monsieur Fraser" and it is entitled "Strawberry Fields" and she is lying in wait in a strawberry patch. Silvia is so super talented and very nice lady to boot.

Last edited by uapeople on Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 9:05 pm

OMG I can't imagine doing without toilet paper - yikes! Or 1000 other things. I think AC and refrigeration would be the hardest. Part of me thinks it would be neat to be back in simpler times, living off the land, making things with your own hands, but it was a hard life. Claire and Jamie are lucky being 50 at that time, considering they probably wouldn't have lived that long.

I love dragonflies! Their wings are so beautiful. That is so sweet UAP, now I will think of you thinking of Paul every time I see one.

Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 6:50 am

yeah toilet paper is a must...imagine using the wrong leaf? Or tampons or deodorant...bathing didn't happen much either. phew! You could die from a sinus infection, a cut, a flu, etc. not to mention child birth. I never would have made it through my childhood. I had such bad sinuses, etc and ear infections (had surgery while in college and it was the best thing I ever did...now I can smell and breathe through my nose) and even mono. And think about all the lice....yuck...or what about your parents choosing you husband for you and you just having to go along because women had no rights.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 9:06 am

So simple, today, to just grab a couple of Advil out of the cabinet. People died regularly in the 1700's from things we hardly give a thought anymore. So, OTC drugs would be hard to give up. Hot running water. Tampons. Toilet paper. Refridgeration. Air-conditioning. Women's Rights. Let's keep adding. I know we've done this before, but it's always fun.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 9:31 am

My mother would have died in childbirth with my sister. I would have never made it to die an early death.

I can't imagine having to weave cloth. The quantity of time spent carding wool, spinning yarn, then finally weaving the cloth so you can CUT it to make a garment. The thought of making a mistake is so scary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ARCHIVES-
Jump to: