Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series

Go down 
+6
Oh Yes
Doppleganger
uapeople
sabby
2shay
Greencat
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
uapeople

uapeople

Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 8:53 am

Very interesting on Lord Lovat http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/usbiography/f/simonfraser.html Love that he found humor that one of the stand holding viewers of his beheading collapsed and killed 20 people...oh and he was the last person beheaded in Britian. Also interesting!
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 4:15 pm

Oh good Sabby! I am reading 3 different books right now - and of course when Magic gets here I will have to dive into that. I was afraid you would get ahead of me, but it sounds like we are both taking a wee break.

star DRUMS
I want Ian back too!!!! I love Ian and Rollo!

I am glad you didn't understand the red coated scots either. Probably a DG bomb that we will get in the next book and say oh, that is what that was all about.

Bon Voyage! uap
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 6:20 am

***************** IMPORTANT PERSONAL NEWS ****************

I wasn't sure where to post this information, so I decided on this thread as it is one that is dear to my friend uapeople.

At some point yesterday, she received news that her husband had died. He was found by his sister with their two dogs lying on him to comfort him.

Her sister-n-law traced her on a flight out from London with the news. She is on train now returning home.

She wanted me to give you all this news as she will not be posting on the site for a long time.

Please include uapeople (Barb) in your prayers. I am going to dig through my emails for her home address for those of you who might want to send her a card or something. I'll post additional news on the funeral, etc. if she provides them to me.

My apologies if this is not the appropriate place for this type of information.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 8:36 am

Oh Barb (Uap) I am so sincerely sorry to hear the news of your DH. I will most definitely keep you and your family in my prayers.

Autumn thanks so very much for letting us know this very sad news. Please let us know if there is anything we can do. I know that I will for sure love to send her some flowers. If you wouldn't mind PM me her address or the appropriate address, I would greatly appreciate it.

We all love you Barbara and will keep you in our thoughts and prayers!!
hugs
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 10:59 am

I am so sorry to hear about her husband, its heartbreaking. Barb/uap is loved and dear to all of us and is in my heart and thoughts now.

Thank you for letting us know, autumn, and yes, please PM me with her address.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 3:39 pm

Please pass on my condolences , that is just too awful.
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 8:40 pm

That is just the saddest thing I have ever heard. What was supposed to one of the happiest times of her life ended up being the worst time in her life. Barb, we are thinking of you. Yes, please pm me her address as well. Sad
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 9:20 pm

My heart and prayers go out to Barb/UA and her family!!! That is absolutely tragic news to receive especially when you are away from home. Definitely keep us posted Autumn if you hear anything else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 10:15 pm

Will do my friend. Hey, don't you need to change your age on your profile now that you've had a birthday...... roflmao
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 10:23 pm

Have you heard anymore updates about UA, Autumn? Hope she has a lot of family and friends supporting her!!

Oh Yes, let me know when you're thinking of starting Fiery Cross so I'll start around the same time.
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 10:25 pm

I am reading Magic Slays right now and am in the middle of a Karen Chance book. Then something else ships on the 7th? What it is I can't remember for the life of me. I was hoping to start it when UA comes back. It doesn't feel right to read without her does it? Sad

But I am missing me some kilts!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 7:28 am

Starting this series today! smile
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 8:42 am

OH wow Starbites you are going to love it!!!! Its def an undertaking cause they are so massive but well worth it.

Oh Yes and I are up to the 5th book...... I think, but taking a quick break. And I think Greencat is on the 2nd??
Have fun keep us posted!!!! bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 1:35 pm

Yes, keep us posted. Don't worry when you aren't that into it during the first 100 pages or so, keep reading. Those pages are important, but I have had friends who never made it past them. Once you meet Jamie it is all uphill!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 4:04 pm

According to my kindle phone app I am 67% threw the first book. I am loving it so far. I've loved all the books that have been pimped to me but this one kept me up till 5 am I just kept thinking what will happen next?? Good thing it was a Friday night!!! smile Having a hard time putting it down!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 2:15 am

Finished the first book and it was Amazing! I don't know about anyone else and maybe i'm just sensitive but this book had me crying in a few different places. Not just light crying either. I'm actually speechless right now!! heart Jamie!! Cannot wait to start the next one.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 6:14 pm

Please someone tell me I wont be pissed at the end of this series?? I don't know why but now that I have started the second book I am feeling a little off.. OK, back to reading!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 6:28 pm

To my knowledge the series isn't over. I've not read them nor do I research them, so hopefully someone who knows can answer you. But, if it's not yet over no one can answer you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 8:09 pm

Starbrites, the series is not over as of yet. The last book was Echo in the Bone and the next book is coming out in two years or so. DG has said she will end the series when she feels it is time. Each book takes like 4-5 years to write due to the research into historical content and accuracy that DG likes to include along with her fictional storyline.

I am still in love with the original characters and storyline despite the ups and downs and sideways curves DG throws at readers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 12:36 pm

FYI - I talked to uapeople last night for about an hour and she seems to be doing well under the circumstances. She has a strong support group of friends and family that are helping her through this difficult time. She is not sure when she will return to work. She is in the process of reassigning her projects at work. Thankfully, she also has her two dogs that she adores to help her.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 7:27 am

Starbrites--Hey, welcome to the obsession. The story of Jamie and Claire is the number one story in my reading life. I was one of the readers who almost didn't make it through the first third of the book, then I finished in record time. I had a LOT of 5 am, too exhausted to continue nights. It just gets better and better. I cried, too. A LOT!! The second book, Dragonfly in Amber makes you think you have skipped a books somewhere. Don't worry. It all comes back together. I think it might be my favorite. Maybe. Naw.....I love them all.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 9:33 am

Glad to know i'm not the only one who's been crying buckets and staying up half the night.. smile I couldn't walk away from these books now. Having Hunt the moon come in today seemed like a dilemma to me but sense I use my phone for some books it dies quite fast so while it's charging I get to keep up with Jamie and Claire. So far i'm about a little more then half way threw the second book and I am already in love with this story. My husband caught me thumbing threw the 3rd book and yelled at me to drop it. He said you'll ruin the surprise if your being nosey. But I can't help it. The books are so damn long and I can't help but try to peek.. smile
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 3:51 pm

No peeking Starbrites! LOL

They are great aren't they!

Autumn thank you for the update on uap.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 2:10 pm

I will try not to peek! TRY that's all.. smile Finished up the second book and man do I love this story. On to the next!
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 8:01 pm

That was quick Starbrites! You must be tired!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ARCHIVES-
Jump to: