Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series

Go down 
+6
Oh Yes
Doppleganger
uapeople
sabby
2shay
Greencat
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
sabby

sabby

Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 10:50 pm

Holy crickets Starbites you are a ridiculously fast reader!!!! It took me at least 5 days usually to read a single book; the only one I think I did in 3 was Voyager because I was listening to the audio and reading.

And FYI I was going to kill all the folks who pimped this series to me (Autumn) after Outlander; I was so depressed and emotionally drained I could barely function for the next few days. So definitely feeling your pain. Well keep us posted the 3rd book I loved.

bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 9:47 pm

I am a pretty fast reader sabby but I don't really have much going on either. I rarely watch television and my kids old enough that I just bother him if I try to include myself in what he's doing and the hubby works. So besides cooking and cleaning my days are pretty dull.. smile I understand the emotional part with these books. There pretty deep. I've cried over a few parts in different books but these tear at your heart.. They are fabulous and so hard to put down.. Reading Voyager right now and Wow!!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 9:13 pm

Slowly making my way threw book 4! There's so much going on in this book that i'm trying to be careful not to miss anything. As it is 2shay has said something about the prophecy that I already can't remember.. Sad I am loving these books. I am really loving the different POV in this one. It gives me a better sense of what the other characters are thinking and feeling. So many emotions going on..
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 3:00 pm

I remember the first time I read the series I think I didn't sleep for like 2-3 weeks until I finished. I should look at the archived thread on CH's site of my posts while reading- they'd probably make me laugh now because I've changed my minds on some things and my theories tend to be quite funny at times. I think I read it around last July or August the 1st time and then I read LJ and then I read the whole series again becoming a moody bitch all over again because I felt like all the sad and happy parts were happening to me and took it our on my poor husband. It had really affected my real life like no other series before or after. I felt like I wanted to visit the beauty of Scotland and get away from work and other stresses. Well, now Scotland is quite bittersweet because I was there when he passed, but I must say it was beautiful and peaceful and the people super polite (not like the nasty lady working in the London subway who got quite an earful from me and probably won't ever be mean again to someone- she even apologized to me). Anyway, I think Paul would have wanted to to keep reading my favorite series and I will have to try and remember that he wanted me to go there and it was just unfortunate that he passed while I was away. I just get easily upset when some things trigger the whole thing again. I have to just start remembering him and associating the good things of him with Scotland and Jamie and Claire. I hope this all makes sense because I think I am rambling nonsense here. Thank you again everyone for being here, I feel like I know you all and we haven't even met.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 4:55 pm

Book 4 Starbrites! Well I'm feeling ashamed here still on book 2.

UAP not rambling makes perfect sense hugs
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 5:33 pm

Oh Starbrites will pass us all.

Made perfect sense to me uap!!! Hugs!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 7:14 pm

Definitely makes sense uap!

I finished book 4 but I think I need a tiny break. There so much book with so much information that i'm thinking I might fry my brain.. smile Think I need like 12 to 24 hrs before I can pick up The Fiery Cross.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 8:32 pm

What did you think of the LJ books uap? Is it something that should be put in the TBR list I have going?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 10:26 pm

I can tell you that UAP loves the LJ books and I'm pretty sure Dopple is a fan of them as well.

The LJ books don't sell as well as the Outlanders series, but some people swear by them.
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 10:37 pm

UAP does make perfect sense.
Greencat get a move on missy!!!! roflmao bounce
Starbites yeah believe me and OY have taken a couple of weeks rest because this is some HEAVY material (in every sense). I'll start Fiery Cross probably by Friday or Saturday; Im trying to get some Ethan Day before the chat. So I'm sure you'll surpass me big time starbites.... so leave a sparkly trail!!! What did you think of book 3 and 4? I loved Voyager was one of my faves!!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 11:05 pm

Your right it is pretty heavy stuff. I want to keep going but I feel like I need a mental break. I have nalini singh angels blood and I think I might read that why I put my emotions in check and then come back to The fiery cross.. I loved voyager! There all so damn good. Hard to pick a favorite.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 9:19 am

Lots of people don;t like Fiery Cross as much as the others because there is a part where there is a lot less action and more day to day. I liked it because it was interesting and on future reads you will notice all the clues dropped that you missed the 1st time. Most readers who drop the series drop it at this book- don't! Just keep going even if you find this one not as exciting. It's worth it. And yes I really like LJ- more the second time hearing it on audio because it is hilarious- especially the witty comments I missed or didn't get reading it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 1:40 pm

I LOVED the storyline of the FC - it just needed some SERIOUS editing. You do get a look into the day to day lives of the characters, but descriptions are long, tedious, and at some point unnecessary and mundane. (IMO)

I don't think FC is as intense as the other books (although it does have it moments).

The one to look out for is A Breath of Snow and Ashes. That one is an emotional rollercoaster. I can't think of the name of the award off the top of my head, but the year it came out DG won the horror award for the book and beat out Stephen King's book that was up for the same award. It is a great book, just keep a tissue box handy and/or a stiff drink to get you through certain parts! lol!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 4:19 pm

Well I guess it's a good thing that I am going to take a little break before I start fiery cross. I don't think I will mind the day to day stuff. If I do I still will keep reading. I'm not one to start something and not see it threw. Now the breath of snow and ashes sounds like a damn good book if your requesting kleenex and booze!! smile
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 9:02 am

Well I think I am going to get back to these books today. Fiery cross here I come!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 8:59 pm

uapeople wrote:
Lots of people don;t like Fiery Cross as much as the others because there is a part where there is a lot less action and more day to day. I liked it because it was interesting and on future reads you will notice all the clues dropped that you missed the 1st time. Most readers who drop the series drop it at this book- don't! Just keep going even if you find this one not as exciting. It's worth it. And yes I really like LJ- more the second time hearing it on audio because it is hilarious- especially the witty comments I missed or didn't get reading it.

I think I understand now that i've started it i'm having a hard time keeping myself going. Of course I'll keep going with the fiery cross but as of right now I can see how ppl would stop at this book.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 9:35 pm

Good luck Starbrites! The Jamie and Claire storyline alone is worth the read. Bree and Roger have some life changing moments as well. Ian's character is a factor as well.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 11:53 pm

I am so glad to know that. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 7:03 am

But the second read of the series this book is not bring because you see all the things you missed the first time. The beauty of Diana. It is never boring on a reread like most series and you pick up so much and sometimes interpret things completely different each time.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 2:41 pm

I thought I would never get through the first part of Fiery Cross...on the first reading. When I reread, I LOVED it! It is so full of information and clues.

uap--It is soooo good to see you back on thread. How I have missed you. heart I want to see something on DG every day. I will stop skipping this thread now that you are back and we have Starbrites, Shirleyjo and, I think, Greencat as new readers. twirling It is such a treat to see this story through the eyes of newbies!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 4:42 pm

I am trying to force myself to do the things I used to enjoy. I finally just finished the new Ilona Andrews last night. I'm sure I would have loved it before everything happened, but after it, it was read and forgotten already by me by today. Sad really. I absolutely love Karen Chance but with my memory and attention span at the moment I think I will push that one aside or I will waste it and not know what the heck is happening. Maybe the new LKH. I know it isn't supposed to be that great, but as long as she doesn't kill JC or Richard or Nathanial off, I probably won't have any issues reading it, besides the normal issues like too much monotonous sex.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 5:32 pm

Hey, have you read any of Josh Lanyon? The sex is not monotonous! Or Ethan Day? Ethan is so damn funny, he's bound to cheer you up.....and his books aren't so serious. No need to remember.
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 1:02 am

UA, maybe you should just reread a series that way you'll still have the distraction but not the need to concentrate too much. Or something really lite and funny like 2shay said; Ethan is definitely a pick me up.

I'm not going to be able to get to Fiery Cross until next week. Library is taking forever the books "in transit" and I have company for a long weekend.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 7:35 pm

Right I have FINALLY figured out how to get my Outlander audios onto my player happy dance (Electronically challenged remember, drop and drag doesn't come easily to me smile ) So Outlander while doing the housework, gardening etc. That doesn't sound too obsessive does it?
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 8:16 pm

Those of us who loved this series from the beginning are all obsessed! It's a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series   Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Outlander Series for NEW readers of the series
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ARCHIVES-
Jump to: