Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!

Go down 
+12
Starbrites
sabby
shirleyjo
Greencat
kimba
hopsngrapes
Oh Yes
doxielover
FaeLadyFaye
2shay
Dragonlady
uapeople
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
2shay

Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 4:38 pm

Now, here is a real conundrum. When Claire saw the bones with Dr. Abernathy, she didn't know who it was, but she knew it was a white woman who didn't want to die. But, Claire had already killed her...herself....nearly 200 years earlier. But Claire had no way of knowing, at that time, that she did the killing. Do we know, after Claire goes back and kills Gelleis, if she ever realizes that she had seen Gellies bones?

These peoples lives are so entertwined. Difficult to keep all the threads of events and possible blood ties straight. It will be a while before we get another book. I will have to reread the whold thing before it comes out. Happy thought.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 4:50 pm

Wasn't Ismael the one armed man that Claire "bought" because she caused a big riot when she tried to stop the slave seller from disrespecting the man by showing his *ummhumm* stuff :flasher: that he would mate well? Then he was on the boat with the Abernathy guy right? When they saved him as well with the whole musical chairs but with boats? Am I getting that right? My memory is for shit right now. scratch
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 4:56 pm

2shay wrote:
Now, here is a real conundrum. When Claire saw the bones with Dr. Abernathy, she didn't know who it was, but she knew it was a white woman who didn't want to die. But, Claire had already killed her...herself....nearly 200 years earlier. But Claire had no way of knowing, at that time, that she did the killing. Do we know, after Claire goes back and kills Gelleis, if she ever realizes that she had seen Gellies bones?

These peoples lives are so entertwined. Difficult to keep all the threads of events and possible blood ties straight. It will be a while before we get another book. I will have to reread the whole thing before it comes out. Happy thought.

I don't know but that and the newspaper for the fire really hurts my head

Hey what was the guy's name in LJ that looked just like Jamie in that he was really tall with read hair and possibly Scottish (I forget) that really quickly befriended LJ and made a meeting and then was killed off right in front of him? LJ wasn't sure if he was also gay or not I remember. Also what is the guy's name that is friends with LJ and his brother and they always meet at the beefsteak. It is something with a Q right? Crap I can't remember. then there was the guy who dated LJ's cousin, went to America and had that kid with a Native American and died. Crap now what was his name and do you think that kid will show up, too.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 5:58 pm

Harry Quarels? Sp...maybe? That is the one they meet at the Beefsteak. He also was at Ardsmore before LJ. The one who had Jamie shackled. Gosh....I remember the one who shacked up with the indian girl. Wasn't he engaged to a friend or cousin of LJ's? I am going to have to start that reread!!! When do we get the next damn book. I'm getting very impatient!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 8:19 am

Harry Quarry- that is it!!!! And yes he was at Ardsmuir and I always wondered exactly how much he overheard before rescuing him from that creepy club. Like does he know he is a homosexual? Even if he did obviously he doesn't care, but I wonder if he told Hal or if Hal knows. I have a feeling his mom has always known. She is way too smart and intuitive. Actually she even has many of Claire's traits which is why I think in the initial deleted scenes from Echo that she didn't like Claire...ya know when two people are too alive and all that! tongue
Oooh 2shay they have you doggie shay\\'s baby I want a golden icon now...JK flirty
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 8:30 am

yes it was his cousin who was engaged the the shipping guy from the East India company that had the sore on his :flasher: and he got it from the married German woman he was bruiser (we need an in bed icon too) who was married to her cousin- the one who shaved all his bodily hair and freaked Tom Byrd out at his autopsy- and who had given his wife sypallis and killed their infant to hide the fact he did. Remember the Irish herbalist guy (Shanley or something like that) that shacked up with the army guy's wife who's husband had stolen army papers. Shanley infected the shipping guy and the now widow German lady with another disease to cure it somewhat (actually I looked that up and that really did work most times). I wonder if we will see them all again. Oh yeah and Jack Byrd had run off with them because he was gay and had a crush on the shipping guy. That was a crazy book because along with that you had the whole side story of Lavender house and Neil the cunt and the automatron and the man in prison for being a traitor and LJ's dad's killer trying to off him and the Percy debacle!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 2:29 am

Just finished the fiery cross. I had some trouble getting started but about the last 300 pages put me in a zone and I couldn't put it down. Bree shooting Bonnet, ( I just know the bastard lived and will be back. Urgh!) Jamie and Claire finding the gold, ( I new Jocasta still had it) Roger deciding they would stay, ( but I do wonder if they might go back sometime) and I was most happy to see the return of Ian!! I do wonder what happened to his wife and child.. hmmm so many things still to come and now that I've kept myself up half the night finishing this book i'm starting to go cross eyed but there was no way I was going to sleep until I finished. I can't remember what book comes after this one as of this moment but I think someone said it was really good and that I would need tissues and booze!! Can't wait to get started.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 9:21 am

A Breath Of Snow And Ashes is next. Tissues.....tissues, and more tissues. Booze is optional.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 6:33 pm

Oh boy- yes more roller coaster rides and some real soap oprah-ish plots coming your way.

On a side note- read 3 chapters of new LKH last night and there was no sex. None at all! That has to be a record! There was a TMI moment that got me all sad and crying when she describes what happens to a body after death. Ugh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 6:48 pm

Ha, that has to be a record! I heard that the book doesn't have any JC or Richard. Send me an email with your thoughts on the book as I stopped reading that series.

Yes, tissues and booze are optional for ABOSAA!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 7:04 pm

Autumn, I quit AB, too. Really, really tired of the ardeur. Please.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 7:14 pm

There is only one sex scene in the whole book! You have to go about half the book till you get to it. There is an interesting Olaf twist.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 7:22 pm

Hmmm...I liked Olaf. Maybe I should read it. If I run out of other stuff. My tbr is daunting.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 9:11 pm

Oh please don't tell me that the one sex scene is with Olaf or ted/Edward...yuck! I could deal with the other agent guy though. He sounded kinds hawt and of course (in this series) more than gifted with size.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 9:11 pm

Hey 2shat- would I get upset reading that other Faith series you mentioned becasue I think I already purchased it.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:05 pm

Okay, I won't tell you guys the sex scene was with Edward.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 11:01 pm

So far glad I was prepared to have tissues. Gosh Claire being beaten and raped and Ian poor baby. Will there be more of Ians story in this book? I see the baby died but his wife lived it said. Is there more to the story?
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 9:10 am

Ok, did I ever mention that Young Ian to me looks just like Cillian Murphy to me. What a great actor he is and such beautiful eyes and very lanky build. Just like Ian.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 9:12 am

off topic LKH
Oh gawd- tell me it isn't so. I have this horrible foreboding that Edward is gonna die in this one
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 10:14 am

No, Edward doesn't die in this one.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 5:57 pm

You are such a wise ass Fae. I finished last night. Stupid ending once again.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 6:27 pm

shake it baby I know! This one was actually a bit sappier than the others. Honestly, I kind of think she could end the series right there. Olaf seems to be the only loose end at this point.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 2:06 am

Well 675 pages into a breath of snow and ashes. Cried hearing the rest of Ians story. Laughed my ass off with the whole lizzie,jo and kezzie stuff and I can't believe Duncan sleeping with the slave! This book is full of ups and downs so far..
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 8:46 pm

Ahhhh.....there is more....
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 12:11 am

Holy Shit shay! Malva just accused Jamie of being her babys daddy!! WTF??? I better keep reading before I have a panic attack!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!
Page 13 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Next