Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)

Go down 
+3
Doppleganger
2shay
gracious-plenty
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Starbrites

Starbrites

Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 9:50 pm

The bed bug thing just makes me want to itch all over. I'd pay too.

I finished a book today called Annie's Child and I really loved it. It was by Elda Minger. It was one of those Marriage of convience books. Just loved it! smile

I really need to read those JR Ward books. I heard that a few of them were rereleasing soon, so I'll need to get them on my TBR list.
Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 1:36 am

Ugh Bed bugs (is there a gag me smilie?) Gross.

I just finished a pretty good book. It's classified as a romance, but I think it's more of a mystery. I love mysteries though, so this was a great book for me, plus it's under $3 bucks!!! It's called NO TURNING BACK by Tiffany Snow. The protagonist, Kathleen, is a young woman who works full time as a runner at a law firm and part-time as a bartender. A friend of hers is murdered and Kathleen takes it upon herself to investigate. Everyone is a suspect and the reader never knows who to trust. (I love when an author does this.) Her romantic interest is a sexy, bossy, partner at her law firm. I'm not all that impressed with his high handedness, but Kathleen seems to hold her own so it didn't bother me too much. The mystery takes an interesting turn into high tech stuff. I don't want to give anything away, but I found it very interesting.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 2:37 pm

Dustin Time by June Kramin

It was really good. I will leave the goodreads discription on here so you can see what it's about but it is one of those books that's worth reading. In my opinion anyway. smile

A successful veterinarian, Kaitlyn thought she was content with her life. That is, until she turns thirty and realizes that her current ‘boy toy’ is simply not the father material she was looking for. As her biological clock ticks loudly in her ear, both her ‘toy’ and fate strongly disagree.

But something happens and over the next several days, she starts traveling between her birthdays of an altered present and those of her past, leaving her more confused than ever. With the help of a kindly old custodian named Frank, Kaitlyn comes to terms with her feelings for Dustin. And can Dustin Time quiet the ticking she’s trying so desperately to ignore?

Here is what I wrote as my review on goodreads.

Even though this book came out in 2010 I still think it should be in Amazon's top 100 list. It was Fantastic! I laughed my ___ off. I cried a tiny bit too.

Katie was having her 30th birthday and was very unhappy with the way her life was going. She had a great business and very sweet "boy toy"(Not my words)in her life and in her bed but he was younger than her so she wanted to break up with him. So not going to happen in this book. Just before she falls asleep she wishes she had met Dustin when they were younger. I think your starting to see already what happens. Yes, she starts time traveling when she falls asleep at night. She goes to the future and the past and even stops by the present some times. Along the way things start changing but one thing is always the same. Dustin! He is never far from her whether they are a couple or just meeting for the first time. The Author did a great job with these characters. I absolutely loved Dustin and Katie!

I don't usually write long reviews but honestly this book was really good and if the authors writing is like this in all her books I will have to read some of her other work.

It was just a wonderful story.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 9:16 pm

So it's a romance / time travel scifi? Sounds good to me! Clever title, too.
Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 10:52 pm

Starbrites, I downloaded a sample of Dustin Time. Thanks for the rec.
I have been on a romance kick lately. I finished the second in Tiffany Snow's trilogy called Turn to me. I didn't like this one nearly as much as the first. It felt more like a filler between the first and the third. I hardly remember the mystery and I only finished it a few days ago. The romance is the big thing in this book as it turns into a love triangle. The lead character, Kathleen, is pursued by her original love interest and his half brother. Sad Not my favorite plot development. I'll probably read the third book which I think comes out in December, but I hope the mystery is a lot better.

I also read a book called Mr. Perfect by Linda Howard. Charlaine Harris mentioned this author in her latest book blog so I decided to give one of her books a try. I loved it. It's very funny and has a few laugh out loud moments. Four girlfriends get together and jokingly put together a list of Mr. Perfect's qualities. The list goes public, which then makes them a media sensation as well as the target for a crazy person. I loved the sparks and smart-ass remarks between the lead protagonist and her love interest. There are some dark moments, I don't want to misrepresent. But, overall it was an entertaining read.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 9:25 am

Well, Mr. Perfect sounds very interesting. I will have to look into it. I am always on a Romance kick. smile It really dosen't matter what kind but I prefer Romance to anything else. I still have been on the hunt for a good Horror book. I want to read a book that makes me so scared I don't want to walk around my house in the dark.
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 6:21 pm

I just finished An Ordinary Girl. This was a good one. Here's the blurb.

Ash is an ordinary girl, leading an ordinary life, but behind her smile she hides a secret so damning she’s sure no one could ever love her. Noah is a war photographer who’s come back from Afghanistan with a secret so dark he can’t escape its smothering grip.

Both need redemption. Ash looks for it by making people happy. Noah seeks it under the whip of a Dom. They’re damaged souls, drowning in guilt, unable to escape the legacies of their pasts. Then their worlds collide in an explosion of fireworks so strong it singes not only them, but those around them. It’s said love heals all wounds, but sometimes before love enters the heart, the intense fire of passion has to burn a path, lighting the way
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 6:24 pm

Wow, that sounds really good. I'll have to put that on my TBR list.
Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 5:20 pm

PC, That does sound good. I just downloaded a sample now. I'm finishing another book, but I'll let you know when I get to it. Thanks for the rec.
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 5:22 am

I just wanted to make an additional comment about An Ordinary Girl. The beginning of the book has a BDSM scene. But I think that might be it. It's really not a BDSM book. I believe that Shades book in the Demonica series and V's book in BDB have more BDSM in it than this book.
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 6:22 pm

I'm reading On The Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves. It's a cute story. Very predictable but I like the authors writing style. She makes you care about the characters from the very beginning. Great job for a first book.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 6:37 pm

It's a very cute story PC. It was one of my favorite reads this summer. I will be anxiuos to read her next book when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 7:16 pm

Do you know when her next book is coming out? I read the blurb and it sounds good.

star On The Island star I did not expect the shark and dolphin part. That was a nail biting scene.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 2:44 pm

I don't know when her next book is coming out but the blurb was really good.
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 4:25 pm

Okay. I guess I'll just have to check every so often.
Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 9:30 pm

PC!!! I just finished An Ordinary Girl. Thanks so much for the recommendation. It was so good and hard to put down. I loved both of the main characters and the sexy scenes were very sexy. I read the author's blurb at the end about some of the real life horror that inspired her initial premise. It's not something I want to think about too hard, but it was an interesting point of inspiration. Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 5:07 pm

I'm so glad you liked it. There was a story and smut and angst and romance. It just had a little bit of everything. happy dance
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 8:26 pm

I'm starting to read the library books that I picked up earlier this week. I couldn't decide which one to choose so I decided on the one with the best cover. Of course it's book four in the play by play series by Jaci Burton. drool

Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 1:37 am

So I've buried myself in Susan Elizabeth Phillips' Chicago Stars Series. Have you guys heard of these? Dopple and PC, I thought of you guys because most of the male protagonists are either football players, retired football players, or somehow affiliated with the team. Two of the books have similar, very very similar, premises, but other than that I can recommend them. Phillips is a great writer and her world is so comfortable and sort of cozy that they're great feel good romances, with a decent sense of humor. Some of her stuff can be a little formulaic, but I didn't mind because it was exactly what I wanted to read, plus her characters had enough differences to make it interesting.

Here's the first book and blurb: It had to be You

The Windy City isn't quite ready for Phoebe Somerville—the outrageous, curvaceous New York knockout who has just inherited the Chicago Stars football team. And Phoebe is definitely not prepared for the Stars' head coach Dan Calebow, a sexist jock taskmaster with a one-track mind. Calebow is everything Phoebe abhors. And the sexy new boss is everything Dan despises—a meddling bimbo who doesn't know a pigskin from a pitcher's mound.[u]
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 8:05 pm

I haven't read anything by this author before. It sounds really good. I'm adding it to my TBR pile. twirling

Thanks for the recommendation Calimama. happy dance
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)   Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Contemporary* Romance In The City (HET)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2