Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!

Go down 
+12
Starbrites
sabby
shirleyjo
Greencat
kimba
hopsngrapes
Oh Yes
doxielover
FaeLadyFaye
2shay
Dragonlady
uapeople
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
uapeople

uapeople

Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 7:38 pm

star dia
I did want to say that Claire went with the agreement with Randall bc she thought she could be saving the Scots lives. I also wonder if the more she and J try and save the Scots if fate comes in and sets things back on course. For instance, J tells Colum to stay out of it and he dies before he tells BPC. J tries to kill BJR and he stays alive so hd can we'd Mary... Which was most likely how it would have happened had C not TT'd. I wonder if the way things were were that c was supposed to be there in the first place.'c or if C cant change big things.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 7:43 pm

star dia
I believe the same that he thinks he is gay but nit depraved. Also BJR would respect Alex's last wishes and never malest her. He may not treat her oh so kindly, but he would never hurt her especially once he knowable the child she carries that is the only thing left of his brother. He may even see her kindly for all she did for Alex and treat her as his family. He goes have honor snd he make a promise.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 7:44 pm

Sorry for typos I am on itouch and it isn't letting me see the whole message I'm typing
Back to top Go down
doxielover

doxielover

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 8:31 pm

What am I doing wrong? I had a long, and very insightful post that I sent, and it disappeared...I couldn't duplicate it if I tried!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 8:39 pm

That has happened to me too. On this thread even. Maybe it's a haunted thread.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 6:02 am

It happened to me, too! Hitting the back button doesn't bring it back either! Oh well.

star DiA and future book spoilers

OK so Jamie is heading with Claire and Murtaugh to Lord Lovat to ask for his support in the rebellion. Jamie tells Claire of his stealing and raping brides. He tells her his father Brian is a bastard and that Murtaugh is related through his mother to Primrose Campbell who was a recent bride of LL. Simon Fraser isn't all that nice to Claire upon their meeting (honeylips). Anyway...a little foreshadowing...upon hearing one of LL's stolen wives later said she loved him she says maybe he is good in bed and maybe it runs in the family! LOL. Then she says she hopes Jamie doesn't follow in his footsteps and have multiple wives (don't forget the bastard son LL had in Brian). Oh and he was exile to France (sound familiar) and pardoned (sound familiar), and it was rumored the pardon came from possible m/m relations. Mmmmphhhmmmmhh!
Back to top Go down
doxielover

doxielover

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 6:16 am

(*)DIA(*)

UAP, we must be in about the same place, I read that yesterday. I wondered about the parallels too. Thank goodness Lovat's personality traits don't seem to have been passed to Jamie. He is truly an unpleasant man, but fun to read about. I loved Jamie throwing his teeth in the fire.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 6:51 am

star DIA star

I forgot about the teeth in the fire! That was great. uap, the parallel you are talking about totally escaped me in two readings! Makes you wonder if the fictional Jamie might be based on the real Lord Lovatt...at least the better side of the real LL. Of course, LL was not a beautiful man.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 6:58 am

And thank goodness that he doesn't look like LL either! LOL. I didn't get to the teeth part. (I only get so far bc I am listening while driving to and fro to work, etc. I must say that you pick up different things listening than reading.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 7:18 am

If I had to drive to work, I would do audio. My office is about 100 feet from my house.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 7:47 am

LOL, 2shay
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 11:28 am

i guess I could get out my old walkman..... lol!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 3:38 pm

star Whole Series spoilers star

Stuff I never thought about before...
Hugo gave Claire a Dragonfly in Amber for their wedding gift.
Jamie gave her amber for a late 1 year wedding gift because he remembered Hugh's gift.
Raymound gave her some stones she had in her pocket. One she gave to Rabbie MacNab. He also gave her some crystals.
Coudl she have had one or more of these when at the end of DIA she travels back to Frank to protect her along with her gold and silver wedding bands? Didn't her necklace dissappear when she 1st travelled?

Ok so she is at Fraser castle in Beaully. She meets Maisari and M thinks she is cursed with the site and that maybe it wasn't her but she was meant the site for some other person's sake. She also thinks the Fraser family could be cursed. Hmmmmm. Ok, so another thing LL says that he told other's that Willie (Jamie's bro) wasn't Brian's baby in order to protest the marriage. Also interesting. Lastly, Simon Jr has a sister who has a bairn. Could that be part of the Fraser prophesy? We always thought Brianna, Willie, Ian. Fergus or another of Jenny's kids to gain the thrown, but could it be Francis Fraser's kids?

Last edited by uapeople on Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)
Back to top Go down
doxielover

doxielover

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 4:05 pm

UAP, I love your thoughts. I think I'm too superficial, and don't delve deep enough into the books. Love reading everything.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 5:57 pm

UAP-- I keep forgetting about the prophesy. I don't know. I am riding your coattails on that one.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 5:49 am

star dia star
There also is a younger sister. Masari foresaw LL's death and said to Claire that "she is the only one" when she looked at Claire as a future vision... now what the heck does that mean????? Does it mean that she is the only one that can change anything (and BTW M said that she was able to prevent a son-in-law of a man from drowning because the father in law made a hole in his boot. The rest drown, but he didn't go so he lived). Or does it mean that she will end up in the series by herself? Is she the only time traveler stuck in the past? WTF?????? On a side note, I wonder if M lives still and if we will ever see her. It's weird she and that guy (in ABOSAA I think it was) who was a sin eater where both crane like looking and somewhat deformed.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:10 am

Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 7:18 am

Oh boy that was a really good snippet.
Back to top Go down
doxielover

doxielover

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 7:21 am

star DIA star
I choose to believe that M was referring to the recent future when Claire has to go to the circle and leave Jamie. Alone. MAYBE?
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 11:02 am

hmmmm possibly? That is going to haunt me now! Maybe I will ask Diana.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 4:00 pm

ohhhhh.....That snippet was priceless! Jamie thinking of Claire and his "son".
Back to top Go down
kimba

kimba

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 4:21 pm

Poor Jamie. he can feel how alone he is. At least he gets those few moments with Willie.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 12:28 pm

star dia
I couldn't help but see the parallels (or shall I say echo) of when Dougal asked Claire that time when the man was dying from the boar and when Rupert was dying. There is another parallel to later in the book where Dougal is again in a dark place with his men and Claire and Jamie are overheard about BPC. Also again when Claire always seems to be repairing a man near his privates and seems to bring them all to attention (Rupert, the man where she stitches his sack and later on on FC I think it is with the hernia).

I love when Claire says (when Simon Jr talks to Jamie about getting Dougal to go with them both to Stirling to get Jamie's men released) that there is a reason that Scot rhymes with plot and it went over both their heads! LOL
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 12:37 pm

With all the Highlander books around, I think we can safely say the Scot and plot go together quite well.

Also, so many of the plotting Scots are sots!
Back to top Go down
kimba

kimba

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 9:02 am

Jamie and Claire:

"Go back to sleep, mo duinne." His voice was soft, low and soothing, but with a catch that made me reach up to feel the wetness on his cheeks.

"What is it, love?" I whispered. "Jamie, I do love you."

"I know it," he said quietly. "I do know it, my own. "

(DRAGONFLY chapter 45, "Damn all Randalls", pp. 678-79 in the hardcover

Last edited by kimba on Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!
Page 8 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 31  Next