Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!

Go down 
+12
Starbrites
sabby
shirleyjo
Greencat
kimba
hopsngrapes
Oh Yes
doxielover
FaeLadyFaye
2shay
Dragonlady
uapeople
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage

Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 12:11 pm

Did Phillip Wylie die in TFC? At the end where they are at his house under attack he is walking and then the wording is something like, then the world exploded (can't remember exactly). He is not mentioned again in this book or others that I recall. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 5:44 pm

Autumnleaves wrote:
Did Phillip Wylie die in TFC? At the end where they are at his house under attack he is walking and then the wording is something like, then the world exploded (can't remember exactly). He is not mentioned again in this book or others that I recall. Any thoughts?

I do not think we've seen the end of Wylie
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 5:47 pm

2shay wrote:
I struggled with Fiery Cross the first time.....made LOTS of comments about it being boring. Second time I read it I was totally fascinated! First reading this story I just wanted to get past everythine that didn't have to do directly with Claire and Jamie. I would nearly be...fretting!..to get past all the detail and detail and detail about everyone and everything that wasn't Claire or Jamie. Second reading I fell in love....totally fell in love!...with Roger and Bree and Ian. On this, my third reading, I am actually taking a more balanced look at the WHOLE story. Trying to fit things together that happen in later books. Speaking of which....

star Drums of Autumn star

When Claire and Jamie go to dinner with the Governor the first time; where they met Philip Wylie and others. After the dinner, Claire went to their room and was holding the ruby in her hand....the one they were trying to sell...and noticed that it felt warm in her hand. Then she noticed that she could almost feel something....something like a heart beat. This is really important later and I seemed to have missed it in both previous readings.

Do you mean with wee Jemmy?
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 7:52 am

Yes, uap. Exactly. Claire doesn't seem to remember what she felt with the ruby. It takes a wee bit for her to realize that, while it is stronger in Jemmy, she has a similar "feel" for the stones.

"You smell like a slaughterhouse......Is that your blood, or the bear's?" Claire to Jamie

"If it was mine, Sassenach, I'd be dead.......No credit to you that I'm not mind......What possessed ye, woman, to hit me in the heid wi' a fish whilst I was fighting for my life?" Jamie to Claire

roflmao Claire thought she was hitting the bear! Owen pillow fight lol! shit One of the best scenes in the whole story! roflmao
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 8:20 am

Yeah that scene with the fish and bear was absolutely hysterical!!! especially since there made to retell it over and over!!! Laughing roflmao I couldn't imagine a funnier set up!!

Autumn I don't recall Phillip Wylie dying in TFC, one who dies is Lieutanant Wolf. But its been a long 3 months?!?!?! no idea

Last edited by sabby on Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : autocorrect!!!!!!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 9:08 am

Thanks uap and Sabby. His last scene is very vague. It definitely doesn't say directly in the book that he dies.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 12:14 pm

Just an opinion here, Autumn, but I don't believe Philip Wylie is dead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 12:27 pm

I agree with your opinion Shay (and uap's). He just kind of dropped out of the book suddenly, and was wondering if I missed anything as I've only read this book once and probably won't read again. hugs
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 1:56 pm

Autumn----I am on my THIRD reading of the whole series......and....and....I would probably never have finished without my friends....like you....beating me over the head to get me past the....ahem...bad thing in Outlander. Now? I can't get enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 2:33 pm

You and uap are hilarious! I can't believe you both have read the series so many times in such a short time period (just this past year, right?). Those books are freakin long! Definitely worth the read, but loooooong and I only have the hard copies to lug around. I just recently got an IPad and have the Kindle App on it. I missed it when some of the Outlander books were only $.99 Sad and am waiting for the cost to go down again before I purchase them. I'll probably read again once I do have the books on Kindle. My TBR pile is so high as it is and you guys keep recomending more great reads - - there is only so much money and time to go around. Wink
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 4:10 pm

I lost count- I think I read them 2-3 times and was half way through the series on audio, but I have to start over because I lost where i left off. This is seriously my favorite series. the only other series I reread immediately (I believe) was Jeaniene Frost's Cat and Bones and Charlaine Harris's Sookie, (but that was before all this fae stuff came in). Though I may have read Twillight again right away *embarrassed* kick me its nots me
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 4:55 pm

I think it's safe to say Twilight is and/or has been a guilty pleasure for many people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 6:44 pm

secret I do have to say I have read all of the Twilight books at least four times..... :whis:
What can I say, they are short and easy feel good reads! That's my story and I am sticking to it! carry on
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 12:11 am

Damn glad i'm not the only person who read the Twilight Series more then once. Wink I get shit all the time from people for having read it and liking it.

Guess boredom got to me tonight and I was looking around over at CH website and searched Diana Gabaldon and saw the closed thread and read threw the heated argument. Wtf all over Leghair? Really?? That's just sad.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 5:19 am

Yes, it was ridiulous. I think Mallas knows she was wrong, that's why they never reopened the thread. The DG thread was one of the most posted on threads outside of the Sookie series. All over a name that DG herself has not commented negatively on when ppl post "Leghair" on the Compuserve site that she frequents. no idea

Last edited by Autumnleaves on Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 6:09 am

Starbrites.....it was nasty, mean and unnecessary. And.....and.....I am grateful that it happened cause, personally, I am way happier here. heart
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 11:00 am

roflmao Jamie and Ian just cracked their heads together..hard!..trying to get the snake out of the privy!

ETA: Brianna is at Lallybroch. She just unloaded on LEGHAIR. Called her a fucking murderess for trying to get Claire burned ay Crainesmuir. I LOVED it! Now she is reading Jamie's letters to Jenny. Sigh....
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 8:00 am

I have to say that the mods from the CH site have been very gracious to me during my grieving time and if I had more time I would be posting there again because of their support. I miss posting and book clubs on the Jeaniene Frost site. Those gals are the best at JF's fansite. Some of you know - I have seen some of you. I just can't keep up as you can tell here where I am not on all that much.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 9:20 am

No Comment on the CH site. Do what you have to do, uap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 10:09 am

Do what makes you happy uap. My posts on the DG thread were not intended to get the thread shut down, I was just expressing my views/opinions. Apparently, that's not allowed on that site unless you follow the crowd.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 7:22 pm

I'm not going to say I didn't think things went down badly...they certainly did and it ruined some friendships and some great discussions...and I will never forget it, but they did try to make amends to me. It's like when a friend betrays you in some way....then you know the deal....not sure if that is the best way to put it but I am all about second chances these days because you only live once as I learned the hard way. But Frost fans are awesome so go there my peeps.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 9:16 am

Well, uap. They may have been great to you. If so, I am very happy for you. None of them have made any overtures to me....and that says all that needs to be said. But why would any of us want to hang out on the JF board? We have PURLS. This and facebook are all I need. Lord alone knows I don't always have time for both of the ones I love the most.

Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 10:18 am

Yeah i actually didn't have anything particularly "bad or unwelcoming" at the CH site happen to me but.... I just always kind of felt restrained and self concious about what I would post there for whatever reason (and hello no SMILIES!!!). I occasionally pop in to see if I'm missing anything especially with Jim Butcher thread since there are not many of his readers here; but to be honest the traffic has gone down there so much that it seems quite dead. I just enjoy this site much more. But its definitely good to get support wherever one can find it!!! hugs soo high 5
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 2:59 pm

Testosterone Poisoning....! roflmao
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 6:06 pm

I was waiting for you to post your progress on DOA 2shay so I can live vicariously through your read. hugs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!
Page 22 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 31  Next