Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!

Go down 
+12
Starbrites
sabby
shirleyjo
Greencat
kimba
hopsngrapes
Oh Yes
doxielover
FaeLadyFaye
2shay
Dragonlady
uapeople
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
doxielover

doxielover

Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 3:37 pm

There is so much to digest each time you read these books. I think I'm on my fourth read, and never a dull monent. I keep hoping I'll like Will's story line too.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 6:38 pm

Doxie--I just finished my third read. I was much more interested in Willie this time, but I was knocked off my feet by Young Ian. Wow...I always liked him but the depth of his character has finally sunk in. He is so very much like Jamie while still being such an individual. Ian has grown into a fine man. We have watched him grow up. We haven't seen as much of Willie.
Back to top Go down
doxielover

doxielover

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 6:43 pm

I agree, I've always loved Ian, but Willie, I hope he grows on me. I'm sure he'll redeem himself in the coming novels?
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 6:49 pm

Have you liked Diana Gabaldon's fan page on Facebook? We have gotten a snippet from the next book that makes me think that Willie might be wonderful. He thought that Jamie might be easy to love.
Back to top Go down
doxielover

doxielover

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 8:11 pm

Yes, I have liked it on FB. I check first thing every morning for the new snippets. LOVE THEM:)
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 7:53 am

I am really liking Willie and I have a feeling he may still be a virgin that was not a monk just like his dad. I think all these snippets she puts out there are to mislead. And if he is then Jamie will lead him to be more righteous than himself and that will help to redeem Jamie, too. IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 11:50 am

star Fiery Cross star

I ended last night after Roger stumbled into Morag and then started fighting with his great x ? grandpa. I'm embarassed to admit my first thought was, "Shit! If Roger kills his great-great-great-grandpa that will cause a disturbance in the space-time continuum!" Ya, I should have stopped reading and gone to bed earlier. I also had images of Roger clutching a family picture that was missing his hand. smile

But it does look like it's headed in that direction. So far in these books, Claire has not been able to alter the course if history. Since Culloden, she has stopped trying. But what would happen if Roger kills one of his ancestors? It can't be good.

ETA: Read another another chaptr during lunch, and I sure called that one wrong. Omg, they took Roger's militia badge/token/coin thingy! Jamie better find him!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 3:33 pm

Dopple---You are going to be stunned at what happens. Nothing I expected. Bad.
Back to top Go down
doxielover

doxielover

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 3:56 pm

Every time I read it I get nervous.........very frightening.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 4:02 pm

Yeah and one day I will pay more attention to the names in the family tree. I had a very weird thought...you know the girl from France that Jamie had the duel over becasue he thought he was in love but she chose the guy he beat? Well, she is French and Jamie was infatuated with her...coudl there be any chance that she could be Claire's ancestor and that's why he's so drawn? He still is drawn which makes me laugh and mad also, star Spoilers Echo star esp when we know where Jamie was in France trying to work things out before coming back to the colonies star
Back to top Go down
doxielover

doxielover

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 4:05 pm

Did I miss something? I don't recall him .............in France.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 4:08 pm

Eeep! I was worrit for Roger before, but now I'm verra verra worrit.

Hey, I'm 'fashing'!

Oooh, interesting theory uap! I like it.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 9:39 pm

No.
Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 9:50 pm

Doppleganger wrote:
No.
Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck!

You don't say?
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:07 pm

starbrites wrote:

You don't say?

That was horrible!!! OMG

star Fiery Fucking Cross star

Oh, fucking hell that was close. Still is, I suppose. Gabaldon was mean, writing that!!

Is Roger going to lose his voice? That fucking bastard Tyron! And Roger's own great-great-great-?-grandfather! As soon as Roger is able to tell the story (crossing fingers he will be able to tell it vocally), I hope they go after Grandpa Asshole.
Back to top Go down
doxielover

doxielover

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:11 pm

Dopple, I have to ask, what Stacia Kane book is the quote from that you have posted? Back to Cross, the whole story line has me shaking each time I read it!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:20 pm

I can see why! That was INTENSE.

The quote is from a short story Stacia released as a Valentines Gift to fans, and was available free online for only a week.
But it should be for sale on amazon in April. Here's the blurb:
Home by Stacia Kane <-----------------Click Here
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 6:52 am

Dopple--I knew you would freak. DG's way of showing how dangerous things were and the battles were fought VERY close. You were almost as likely to kill your own people as the opponents. I didn't say enemy because loyalties were changed much more often than underwear.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 10:11 am

Gabaldon doesn't pull punches when she wants to make a point, does she? Damn.

star Fiery Cross star

That was just awful to read. Reminded,me, in minor way, of when I read Wiesel's Night. There was this hanging scene that is the stuff of nightmares. (Also a slow death by strangulation) Not saying the fictional account in FC comes close to the overall impact of Night, but damn that hanging scene was painful to read.

Hold me.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 2:08 pm

hugs .. heart
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 3:51 pm

Thanks hun heart

star Fiery Cross star

Poor Roger, given to the Mohawk as a slave and now this. I read until 12:45 last night (super late for me), just because I needed to read until he was ok. I got far enough to see that he is fully recovered physically, except his voice. But mentally he is a wreck. Sad

And now we're off chasing ghosty bears. Which is a bit Monty Pythonish....and now for something completely different! I'm still obsessed with Roger though, so ghosty bear will get skimmed.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:10 am

star Fiery Cross star

In his snake bitten fevered stupor, Jamie tells Roger (about Bree):

"She is an Old One," he said. "They will kill her, if they know."

What? Is this some Fairy superstition? Wouldn't Claire and Roger be Old Ones, too? Possibly Jemmy too? I have to believe this is something significant, and not just silly fevered imagination talking.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 9:10 am

Well...dopple- when you start reading the LJ series...teh latest one (which actually happens before some of the ones she wrote previously that takes place during Helwater times, you may get a little more insight into that. because Scottish Prisioner came out most recently now I am curious to reread and see if there is more to that. Sneaky evil author. Anyway, an Old One or as said more in Gaelic Folklore as Auld One is a fairy that lives in knowles with magic and there are many tales that they steal human babies as we saw the superstition with Gillis in Outlander and the baby that was left on the knowle sick so that they could take the baby and give them a changeling. Anyway, I assume that Jamie believes Roger, Claire, Buck, Gillis, Jemmy, etc are all changelings. I'm sure that was one of those clues that we all haven't figured out. One thing I am noticing lately is that fog seems to bring magic so while reading pay attention to any parts with fog. I believe there was fog with the alligator in the Indies. Then there is fog in Scottish Prisoner and Echo and also I believe in FC. Let me know if you pick anything up because now I am curious.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 12:38 pm

Willie was lost in the fog as a child and heard voices. Willie was lost again.... star spoiler star in Echo. I just thought it was a metaphor of sorts for the "fog" Willie has lived in regarding his birth.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 3:04 pm

Wasn't there fog at the beginning of Fiery Cross, at the gathering, too? Frank's ghost made an appearance there. Lots of portents and such too.

I remember Willie getting lost in the fog in Scottish Prisoner, but don't remember anything about him hearing voices. In another book?

star Fiery Cross star

I'm 90% done! Which means ~140 pages to go! Woooo!

I still feel like I've read a large compilation of short stories. I am enjoying them, but in between each episode in The Life and Times of the Fraser Family (As The Kilt Turns? The Scots and the Restless? Colonial Hospital?), this book has been very easy to put down.

Since I haven't found a common plotline that links them all together, I'm curious to see how Fiery Cross will conclude. We're years away from the Revolution yet, and also years away from the housefire in the newspaper clipping. I don't think a reunion between Jamie and Jenny is likely to happen soon. So those are out as possible endings.
I'm hoping for a Bonnet-killing! And I'm also hoping Roger gets the honors. He was so proud of killing that turkey, imagine how great he would feel if he bagged Bonnet? smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 26 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!
Page 26 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next