Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!

Go down 
+12
Starbrites
sabby
shirleyjo
Greencat
kimba
hopsngrapes
Oh Yes
doxielover
FaeLadyFaye
2shay
Dragonlady
uapeople
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Starbrites

Starbrites

Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 2:37 am

It's like watching Days of our lives. They were just ambushed and our going to be taken for murder of malva. Damn I hope to find out who did it but it won't be tonight. To tired to keep reading..
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 6:53 am

I told you this one was very soap opera-ish plotwise. smile
It still ain't over yet. There is much much more!
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 7:00 am

I am not peeking, I am not peeking. Much! lurking
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 8:30 am

Greencat--This story is so intense, I'm not sure that peeking hurts much. But, try not to peek TOO many times. There are some real surprises.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 11:50 am

I do it too. Sometimes I can't help it I just have to peek!!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 2:30 pm

ok, just don't ever look at outlanderbookclub.com because they have a plot outline of the entire series...ooops now I've done it! I totally ruined a lot of the good stuff that way!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 3:01 pm

uapeople that's just wrong! Wink I wont look.. I wont look.. I'm almost positive I wont look! smile
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 4:18 pm

Starbrites--Really. Don't look. This story is so damn good. You need to just let it unfold. Plenty of things to talk about when you finish. So intense. heart
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 12:32 am

Holy Crap starbites ur full steam ahead!!!! Well finally picked up FIERY CROSS from library...... but um audio is about 80 trillion hours!!!!!! So I'll be done next year!!!

Greencat, Oh Yes where are you guys in the series now??
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 2:48 am

I just finished! OMG people!! smile It was fantastic! Out of all the things that happened in this book the part that had me crying like a baby was Jamies dream after Bree, Roger and the kids went threw the stones. When he dreamt of them and Jem picked up the phone and said he wanted to talk to grandda I lost it.. So much happened in this book. What are the thoughts on the next one? Will it be a rollercoaster like a breath of snow and ashes? Wow is all I have to say!!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 6:39 am

Echo is next and boy does a lot happen and a cliff hanger ending so be prepared. The first time I read it I was bored and confused at parts because there is a lot of William and LJ in this one, but there was a long part on Long Island where I live and that was fascinating. The second time through it was amazing. All those boring parts were chock full of information (just like in FC and the others- it's like the 1st time through you just want to know what happens but once you do you can take the time to enjoy all the other parts). I DVR'd "The Revolution" when it was on 7/4 so I am excited to watch that and reread Echo and then Book 8 and see what she used from real life. I did catch part of it and I can tell you that Benedict Arnold was trained in apothecary in real life and his dad blew his fortune drinking and so he had to prove himself and had a big chip on his shoulder. He was a military genius who didn't get credit for the battles he actually had a big part in winning. he got injured (almost killed) and took to drink following his dad's footsteps and married an 18 year old beauty but a Tory. Supposedly they were the equivalent of a Bradgelina in their time before everything happened.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 8:03 am

It is great to visit with new readers of the best series in the world! What a story. Somewhere, maybe before Echo, you might want to read the Lord John books. He is such a major character and his side stories give a lot more insight into his amazing character. I don't think you HAVE to read them to enjoy the series, but there is some important stuff. I liked them a lot.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 9:34 pm

Gosh you guys nobody said I would need tissues for An Echo in the bone. Maybe i'm just light hearted but everytime they read letters from jamie and claire or jamie has a dream about them I start tearing up.. I'm not to interested in the William and LJ stuff yet its mostly war talk with them so far. I do hope there parts in the book get better.
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 10:31 pm

Hello there!
OMG - I have just been super busy, no I have hardly started Fiery. I am presently stuck in the land of Pritkin, and Janet Evanovich's new book and just crazy, crazy RL! Been working a lot of overtime before vacation.

But I miss Jamie and you guys. I will try to get to it soon and catch up.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 7:02 am

Discussion on Swiftest of Lizards since that came up the other day. http://community.compuserve.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=ws-books&tid=71708
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 7:04 am

There is one part in Echo while they are at camp that is the sexiest moment of all teh books I think. I think she did that to make up for lack of sex in the book due to all the background and history and interwoven plots.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 7:06 am

Oh and I told you I felt the same way about all the side plots the 1st time and the whole Randall-Issacs thing, but let me tell you, the second reading all that becomes intriguing because like with the FC there was a lot of hints and other things going on that you just can't catch the 1st time through.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 10:31 am

Hey, I loved the link about Swiftest of Lizards. I never thought he was Ian's biological son. Ian left the village as soon as his daughter died, didn't he? Spiritual son works just fine for me.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 5:26 pm

2shay wrote:
Hey, I loved the link about Swiftest of Lizards. I never thought he was Ian's biological son. Ian left the village as soon as his daughter died, didn't he? Spiritual son works just fine for me.

This is where I am in the book right now. I don't think he is his son either but I am a little confused with the statement. Child of his spirit??

Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 6:58 pm

Starebrites--You've got me. It must be an Indian thing, but with all the traveling and seeing in this story, I have to think it is probably important.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 3:00 am

Well i've made it to page 700 and I was a very bad girl and was peeking again and I saw a few crazy things before I yelled at myself and went back to were I was. This book is going to be a big cliffhanger isn't it??? If I could stay up and keep going I would. I should have never peeked!! So upset with myself for being so curious and impatient. I will finish the rest of An echo in the bone tomorrow even if I have to stay up all night.

Right now i'm upset with Jenny. I know the lady is grieving but she's such a Bitch to claire. Like she wouldn't save Ian if she could. These books make me feel like a kid. Anybody else have parents that used to tell them when they were excited for something that was happening the next day that the faster you went to sleep the faster the next day would come?? That's how I feel with these damn books I just want to go to sleep so I can get up and get to reading so I can finish already... smile
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 5:47 pm

I agree about Jenny. She is such a meddler always and then her not talking to Jamie...MMMPPPFF. Hopefully after Echo she will prove my bad opinion wrong. You will get my meaning when you finish. Some really wild stuff in this one!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 6:39 pm

I just finished! HOLY SHIT! We have to wait how long till the next one?? smile
There was so much left unfinished.. Roger going back threw the stones!! Jem poor Jem! Claire and Lord John I can't wait to finally see Jamie's reaction to that! So happy for Ian though. I do too hope Jenny get's better in the next one but I have a feeling she will continue to stir up trouble.
I cannot believe we were left with such cliffhanger stuff. I wonder if the next book will be the last.

Man this book really had some complex moments. I wonder how William will handle the whole thing. Ya he was pissed smashing the walls down but I wonder what will be next for him. Which brings me back to Jenny seeing william and making that comment. She is for sure to start trouble. I really dislike her right now.

I did see at Amazon that you can preorder The Scottish Prisoner not sure when it is due out I just saw it at a glance.
Ok that's enough for now. smile
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 9:08 pm

You should read lord john and I guarantee you will reread the whole series after. SP is out it think in the fall. There are spoiler clips for book 8 and SP and the book about Raymound on the compuserve site. I think sinjari has some quick links to the important ones.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 9:10 pm

Funny I just noticed Diana Gabaldon's name is misspelled on the forum. How did I just notice now?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!
Page 14 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 31  Next