Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!

Go down 
+12
Starbrites
sabby
shirleyjo
Greencat
kimba
hopsngrapes
Oh Yes
doxielover
FaeLadyFaye
2shay
Dragonlady
uapeople
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage

Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 3:54 pm

Sorry, I missed this post UAP. I haven't read anything by LA Banks. My prayers go out to her and her family.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 3:55 pm

Exactly 2shay. Life is too short. twirling
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 1:57 pm

Why would I go back to the bickering and back stabbing? I love it here.... heart twirling
Back to top Go down
shirleyjo

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 9:06 pm

Um, ok, shay; you wanted me here. I'm here. But I asked a question a few posts back and no one has answered! Sad
Is this the wrong thread for it? (I asked if Ian was Emily's son's father since when he went to see her she asked him to name him.)
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 9:28 pm

I'd answer, but I don't know. I haven't read this series. it\'s so horrible
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 9:57 pm

Hey Shirley!

Sorry, I didn't see your post. But my thoughts are that it is Ian's son as the grandmother told the son it was so.

I love the fact that Ian has a son!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for them to be together!

Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 9:58 pm

There is only one way to fix that fae.

I have no idea, shirl. I may not have read that far. Yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 10:16 pm

Dopple, the details are in Echo.
Back to top Go down
shirleyjo

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 9:22 pm

Thanks guys! I thought so, but sometimes DG is kinda vague.

Dopple, have you read the Outlander graphic novel? It was okay. The character depictions were strange, but the story is told from Jamie's POV which I liked. I just don't quite "get" graphic novels.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 9:49 am

Some people swear that the son is not Ian because of that strange blood thing where the baby's blood type and her womb aren't compatible so that the baby is only the essence of Ian. I and many on the other hand believe in the timeline and in the story, that yes, it is Ian's and that we will see him again because the kid even asks will I see you again. And they had an instant connection between the two. I have a very bad feeling poor Emily will meet her maker at some point during the war and Ian and Rachel will take him in. Time only tells. Hope that helps, but no answer is really clear in the books. Like I am still not 100 percent sure Stephen Bonnet wasn't also gifted with the time travel gene and also with the birth mark because we really don't know what Geilis was up to the whole time in the past. If that is so, then poor Jemmy may not be Roger's or may. Who knows if we will ever find out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 1:35 pm

I agree with uap (of course!). Claire never examined Emily, so she didn't have an exact diagnosis for her. She was just guessing based on the little knowledge that Ian gave her. Remember, Ian wanted Claire to look at his penis to see what was wrong with him? LOL! So, I don't hold much weight on the few details that Ian gave Claire on Emily's physical makeup or history with miscarriages.

Grandmother said it was Ian's, Emily didn't refute the grandmother's claim and hadn't named her son up until that point (my guess is out of guilt), and Ian accepted the child as his. Ian is intuitive enough to know if it were his child or not based on the last times he had sex with her and the age of the child. JMO

Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 6:09 pm

Shirleyjo----girl friend! There are a lot of questions in this series that I don't even guess at! I think uap or autumn are as close as you are going to get to an answer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 11:01 pm

At your request uap- Here is the description of Leghair that mostly you came up with! Laughing

Leghair/Legbitch/Legho/Legmeister/Labotomy in a gail wind/ (OK, so I added):

Shoe-stealing, self-serving, ill wish toting, out-of-wedlock sex having, almost murderess (3x), sniffling selfish wench and a spoiled rotten grizzler"

= I HATE THAT BITCH!!! Wow, I feel free, I can now breathe easily. Breathe in, breathe out.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 11:56 pm

Jamie just lit the fiery cross and I got the chills and a tear in my eyes. Damn these good books!! smile It is getting better. I'm glad I kept going!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 7:01 am

Isn't it interesting how she researches and we find out the real history of a burning cross? Then we think about how nasty disgusting people stole what the true meaning of the burning cross was and instead used it for their on purposes and for the evil we see it represent today (ex KKK)? Kind of like how Hitler took Nietzsche and applied it to his evil though that was not what it was about at all.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 2:44 pm

Being a bit of a doubter, I actually looked that up after reading that part. It is true. Some bad people used a beautiful symbol and completely perverted it. Thugs.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 4:37 pm

I remember seeing it talked about on her site and that is why I didn't have to look it up. But yes it really was a clan thing.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 5:36 pm

Well, you were into this long before me. It was you who got me into Outlander. Thank you......xoxoxo......A lot of the things that you found out from her site were deeply buried by the time I started.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 3:08 am

Finally half way threw the fiery cross. I was really surprised about the gold. Jamies aunt has it. She has too. I don't believe for a minute its buried in the ground back in Scotland. I do wonder what happened to the share dougal had.. btw can't poor Duncan catch a break?? The man has no luck. I take that back he is still alive. I know we haven't seen the last of that prick Stephen bonnet but his character makes me nervous. I keep thinking he will find bree and jemmy and try to steal them. I hope that don't happen. Ok well enough of my rambling thoughts for now!!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 3:05 pm

You are welcome 2shay!

I always wondered could Dougal have had the gold already when he met Claire in the cave when BJR had Jamie at the prison. Or did he get it when he showed up in France when Jamie was trying to duel BJR and Claire got BJR temporarily arrested? Is that why he was really there in France? Was Geilis there and was he visiting her?
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 2:34 pm

Ok, I just wanted to bring up names and is there is any significance to them all...

William:
*Jamie's brother's name
*LJ is originally introduced as a child as William not John, but that is his middle name
*Jamie's son's name (how did he wind up with such a name? I mean LJ wasn't there when the whole debacle happened and Jamie was under a false name Alex. Was he named after Lord John? Did Geneva already have that name picked out since she knew Jamie's real name and told her sister to use it? Funny that I believe it was going to be Faith's name if it were a boy.

Alexander:
*Jamie's middle name (and also what he used as an alias other times as well)
*BJR's brother's name and a name BJR shouted out at Jamie while in the prison

Jeremiah:
* Jemmy - Brianna's son
* Was it Roger's dad's name?
* runs rampant in the MacKenzie line

John/Ian (Ian is the Gaelic version of John ):
* Big Ian
* Young Ian
* Lord John
* Jonathan Randall (BJR) (Close enough to John I think because a shortened name is Jon without the H)

Any more I'm missing? I know we have Jamie and little Jamie and Jenny and little Jenny. I wonder why she didn't name a child William. Probably because there were so many already in the series.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 2:44 pm

uap--we have talked about names before. Claire's friend, the black doctor? Geillie's last husband and one of the escaped slaves had the same name? Isn't that right? I don't remember all the details. I wonder if "Bonnet" is a real name, or something he made up trying to escape his real family.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 3:10 pm

Oh Yes...

Abernathy:
*Geilis marries an Abernathy in the West Indies
*The voodoo slave on the island is Abernathy
*Dr Abernathy (Claire's doctor friend and his son- who changes his name to another name that rang a bell)

Mary:
*Claire's poor stuttering friend who is raped, marries BJR from Alex's prodding to have the Randall name for their baby before he dies. Oh and what is the son's name- I forget?)
*The sister of the serial killing priest who winds up with the Abernathy slave witch doctor
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 3:15 pm

One more:
Brian-
*Jamie's dad
*Jamie's daughter Brian-na is named after as well

Stephen:
* Stephen Bonnet
* Stephen the gay young guy that LJ encounters at Lavender House that clerks for that guy who knows everyone's secret. No wait that was Neil- as in Neil the cunt, but there was a young Stephen in the LJ books I believe.

Tom:
*Tom Byrd (LJ's servant guy)
*Tom Christie
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 4:33 pm

Abernathy was the one I was trying to remember. Dr. Abernathy's son took the name of an ancestor...? Right? Didn't we think maybe the escaped slave who's name was Ismael?...something like that. Anyway, it was the same name as the slave's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!
Page 12 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 31  Next