Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!

Go down 
+12
Starbrites
sabby
shirleyjo
Greencat
kimba
hopsngrapes
Oh Yes
doxielover
FaeLadyFaye
2shay
Dragonlady
uapeople
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
2shay

Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 8:01 am

Go TEAM JAMIE!! Go vote Jamie on the poll....please, please!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 3:47 pm

star LJ and BOTB
So Perxy said he caught an STD from sleeping with a woman. When asked if it was a prostitute, he said no it was a well to do married lady who is quite loose and one that LJ knows. I wonder if we will ever find this out. Also, LJ told Percy of his experience at Prestipans (SP?) where Red Jamie Fraser tricked him by using his own wife to make LJ give away the whereabouts of the British troops. Then Percy is caught with his arse split open like a buttered bun, and yes that was how it was described, by him and other officers in his own room. I was thinking...did Percy go digging into LJ's past to try and make right what happened to LJ as a 16 year old and maybe then found out about his "pet prisoner"? Did he then find out about Fergus, etc? Since Percy seems to sleep with women to get ahead, do you think we will find out about and bastards he may have left? Do you think we may know any of them? I also wonder how many of the British officers we will see in Echo. I want to know if we will see Stefan Van N????(forgot name) again.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 7:23 am

Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 7:28 am

Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 1:38 pm

Maybe Percy really is a relative of Claire's?

When does Scottish Prisoner release? Been a lot of snippets.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 7:00 am

She released snippets of what is is currently writing I think. 2011 for SP and Plague of Zombies Oct 2011

Here http://www.sinijari.fi/linkit/outlander/ogwspoiler.htm is a great place for finding snippets. They have a lot, but not all. It's better to check DG's compuserve site pretty regularly.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 7:02 am

Yes, many people wonder if Percy is related to Claire or even Stephen Bonnet or Fergus.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 5:02 pm

Our good friend, uapeople, who is on her trip of a lifetime, was called home suddenly due to the death of her husband. Her heart is breaking. Keep her in your hearts and in your prayers.

Shay
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 8:36 pm

OMG - No!!!! I am so sorry Sad
uap you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Thank you for letting us know 2shay.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 10:30 am

******uapeople******

I don't know what any of you might want to do for Barbara, but I will tell you what I did. I know that Paul was very active in LuckyLaces, one of the charities Barbara mentioned on fb. I left a memorial donation there. I thought it would be appropriate to help fund an organization that Paul had been so deeply committed to. Just my thing.
Back to top Go down
shirleyjo

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 10:34 pm

Question: In An Echo in the Bone, Ian goes to see Emily. She asks him to name her son. Is he the father?
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 10:55 am

Got a card yesterday from Sabby and Rana and they said they were waiting to read Fiery Cross until I;m back. I received many cards from many of you. Thank you. I will try and check the site once in a while so don;t wait for me. I just can't promise that I will read on a steady basis. The other day I went on Diana's site and posted my story and they have a whole thread there as well. I saw some new snippets and that they are having a dinner in NYC with Diana which I normally would have gone to but I;m not ready to do these things. I am trying to convince myself to not be so bitter about Scotland because Paul would have wanted me to continue loving it. It is just sad that I finally went on my 1st vacation in 12 years and he left this earth while I was there. So I will try for his sake. I just don;t see myself reading for a while. My kindle has 4 new releases...Ilona Andrews, LKH, Karen Chance, and I forget the other one all waiting on me to read and I just can't do it yet... plus if any kill of anyone important off or have horrible break ups, please give me a head's up so I don;t read that one right away. Anyway, thanks everyone for the support and I'll try to get on here when I can. I still have some guilt from being so addicted to all these books that quite often I ignored my husband for sometimes weeks on end while reading a series (*cough* Outlander *cough*). So I just have to deal with all the guilt, sorrow, unfairness and the why and try to have some sort of normalcy. Thanks again. Love you all.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 10:58 am

I just saw Autumn's post. Thank you so much Autumn for everything and the donation. Yes Lucky Laces www.LuckyLaces.org or Long Island Golden Retriever Rescue www.LIGRR.org (ligrr only takes checks via mail and lucky laces takes paypal) in the name Paul Kuznetz. Thanks so much
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 6:06 pm

Welcome back uap ~ I understand about the guilt, but don't feel guilty. He loved you and wanted you to be happy, and probably understood you being into something. But thanks, because it reminds us to not spend our lives online and hug the ones we love too. Come and visit when you can.

LKH and Ilona are safe!

Sabby whenever you want to start Fiery let me know.
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 7:13 pm

Hello UA, yeah its understandable to need some time especially when dealing with guilty feelings. I know when I get too "obsessed" in a series I also have issues and have felt like I'm neglecting people and responsibilities in my life. But I agree with OY, I'm sure your husband understood your passion (guilty pleasures) for what they were a perfect distraction into wonderful worlds.
I hope you do get that vacation back to Scotland in the near future and continue to enjoy all the pleasures this life and world have to offer; I definitely believe your husband would have wanted the best for you!!!!

OY, how about we start when starbites is in the middle of Drums; which will probably be soon given how fast she reads. Are you still on Voyager starbites?
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 5:38 pm

roflmao
She is on book 4 - so that is Drums right - yep *counting outloud on her fingers*

I am reading a Cassie Palmer book 3 right now but will pick up Fiery tomorrow. LOL - I am sure starbrites will have passed us by then. I wish I could read that fast. My mom did. But she hated it because she was always out of things to read.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 7:05 pm

I just finished Drums of Autumn! God I cried so hard when Ian stayed with the indians. I'm such a cry baby!! Sad I think I may need a rest. When will you guys start The Fiery Cross? I will start when you guys do. Let me know..

So I was impressed to see that Frank is the reason that Jamie's stone was where Claire could find it. I had a feeling Bree would want to meet her father and see her mom but I never expected her to end up being raped and pregnant.

Real quick 2shay said something to me about the prophecy.
I keep trying so hard to remember it but it keeps escaping my brain. Can someone
please help a poor girl out?? smile

I really do love these books. There so emotional. There so long! I am trying to read them slower and trying to reread parts I think I misunderstood so that way i can try not to miss anything important. Gosh nothing like being obsessed with a damn series of books. smile
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 4:39 pm

I think the phosphesy you are talking about said something like a Fraser will take back the throne or something like that. Gosh my memory went with Paul it seems. I used to remember things out of midair when it was Outlander, Cat and Bones or Charlaine Harris related. Ugh.

I remember us wondering if it could be one of Jenny's kids or their descendants, Simon Fraser, Brianna, Willie, or Fergus's decedents (since he took the name as well though not blood). Even that wench's kids are a possibility bc they had the name for a time as well. Speaking of they were all talking leg hair and nicknames for her on Diana's site the other day. Ok I'm gonna try and read some Ilona Andrews because I need a break from everything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 10:00 pm

Hey UAP. I still find it HILARIOUS that DG doesn't mind when her readers make fun of Loaghaire's name and she's the FREAKIN writer and commander in chief!

I still think the whole debacle on the CH site was a certain mod getting her britches in a bind about being wrong about the topic in hand at the time(Frank) and I corected her. Why in the heck else would anyone care after we'd been calling her Leghair for over a year on the thread (after getting the nickname directly from the DG site). Whatevs. confused

Sorry, rant over.... No No
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 9:06 am

lol. It's hilarious now. I actually posted on the site and may go there again because they are being very supportive. Did you see that LA Banks the author is in final stage of adrenal cancer. That is HORRIBLE! I never read her books but they are taking donations for her medical bills. If I was a little more financially secure at the moment I would give, but everything is held up with red tape and I still have to figure out where I'm at financially anyway.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 9:07 am

hey Autumn- I was just looking at our icons and we both picked men with very similar chests...LOL Sisters true and true we are.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 10:34 am

That is so horrible about LA Banks. I've not read her books, but it's horrible to see any author ill. They so graciously allow us into their imaginations.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 12:27 pm

Hey twin! So true!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 3:09 pm

Ouch, I hadn't heard about LA Banks. I don't remember reading anything of hers.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 3:10 pm

No No I don't think I can go back to CH. The screaming over there got too mean for me to get over it....maybe in this life time. I love it here and on facebook. I'm staying put.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!
Page 11 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21 ... 31  Next