Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!

Go down 
+12
Starbrites
sabby
shirleyjo
Greencat
kimba
hopsngrapes
Oh Yes
doxielover
FaeLadyFaye
2shay
Dragonlady
uapeople
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
uapeople

uapeople

Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 7:10 pm

Yes, I never realized that Harry Quarry was the same guy in Voyager at first even though Dg made it quite clear....it just went over my head! And then Mr Percy who shows up in Echo....but now that I am do LJ again, I wonder who else I met in LJ that appeared later in the main series. I am sure there were many more I missed.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 7:22 am

star LJ - Hellfire and more star
Ok, so Harry Quarry saved LJ's life and says he heard (so did he hear that LJ is gay or not) and now I assume LJ owes him a life? And Harry is the guy who left Jamie fettered at Ardsmuir. It was sad what happened to redheaded guy (with the same hair color as Jamie). Who does LJ seem to have exes that then come back to haunt him or drag him into messes? Is Stubbs the guy who LJ finds cheating on his cousin with an American Indian while in America? WOW, I forgot all this stuff.
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 3:50 pm

Well, that might be a good suggestion 2shay. I will read all of Outlander except Echo, then read LJ, then Echo.

star Voyager
I am loving this book. Just started getting back into it after taking a wee break.

Little Willie - he is so cute and sweet, and spoiled. Very touching. My heart was breaking for Jamie that he can't tell him he is his daddy but I bet he figures it out when he gets older. Wink

Claire and Jamie have been reunited in Edinburgh. And Claire is getting accustomed to Jamie's crazy city life. I am so happy she found him right away. I was ready for it to be drawn out for months.

Ok - so I got a question, if you guys can answer it with out giving too much away. Gellie, she was from 1968, but she went back into time to 1742? Shouldn't she have gone back to 1764? WTF is up with that? If it involves too many secrets or is too important to the plot, just say I will find out and keep reading.

Oh, and I just found out that my hubby's relatives were DeMontgommerie's - so I married a highlander! (ok maybe a lowlander) And my family is full of Campbell's - I am always wondering why Jamie steers clear of them, maybe it explains my evil streak.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 7:02 am

:star Voy star

How funny was the scene where Jamie fell into the ink and wasn't sure if he wet his pants and that this time HE fainted! Oh and the brothel- how funny was the sequence of Claire's visitors? Fergus, little Ian, big Ian, etc. HILARIOUS! Oh and breakfast with the ladies of the night.

In Dia you get an idea, but Geilis used blood and fire and "WE" aren't sure if it was one of the other or both or if she was focusing on something that pulled her further or the time of year, etc, but something sent her further. This has happened before. There is another time traveler in Exile and a few you will "meet" later.

WOw, I;m jealous, I want to be a Scot now, but alas, mutt I may be but I think one missing component is Scot (well I think it's missing), but I do have Swedish and Norwegian which was part of many highlanders blood...and I do possibly have Irish and British soooo maybe I do have some Scot blood??? Then there is the side that has been in America since before the revolution and there may be some American Indian and who knows what else...but many Scots were sent to the colonies after Culloden. Who knows! Congrats anyway!
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 6:47 pm

star Voyager
Cool about Gellis, I guess that would explain it if you could focus on a particular time or place or person. Thanks!

I know I was laughing and turning pages pretty fast, wondering what was going to happen next. Awesome. :D

Yep, last night I read about a Campbell finally! Oh, and of course the one eyed man that helped burn the printshop down. Geeeeee, wonder who that could be? MFBJR (Stands for Mother Fucking Black Jack Randall - :P ) I know he doesn't die, ever, the SOB. I wonder now what his face is going to look like with hot lead thrown on it - yuck.

Did they get the pictures of Brianna out of the printshop or has Claire had them with her the whole time? I keep thinking she will mention them but they never seem to do so.

I love little Ian. I left off after Jamie gave him a beating and Ian had to give a beating to Jamie. That Jamie, is a good daddy. smile
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 7:14 am

star Voy

I can safely say that BJR is dead (well dead as in stick a fork in him. As for his ghost...well who knows...that could pop up...stranger things have happened....and remember Claire even gave him his date of death and he did "live" up to that date (pun intended Laughing ). Anyway, you will meet a few new baddies and maybe even some old ones. As sadistic? Maybe. Depends on your opinion.

Yes, they still have the pictures...didn't Jamie have in his jacket pocket? I forget at this point where they are, but they do have them.

Yes, he does take a beating a few times as well as give them (wished I could have been a fly when Murtaugh gave him the one when William Grey (the young English boy) got into camp was it at Prestonpans? And Ian was the boy that Jamie held in the closet when the redcoats came into Lallybroch right after Jenny gave birth. An omen?

star LJ & the PM
OK, so they (LJ and Harry Quarry) have to go to a whore house where Trevillian has been known to go to find out from the whore if he has pox and if he does to stop the marriage to LJ's cousin Olivia that will happen in a few weeks. Hal is "away" (we are not sure exactly if he is where he said he's be because of the spying situation). LJ is nervous because it was been years since he'd been at a house like this and he is worried that he has to prove something because he doesn't know exactly what Quarry overheard when he saved him from George while at the Hellfire Club and whether he knows he is a homosexual. He asks for a young- very young whore who is not a child. Is this because he thinks there is less a chance that she would be poxed, or that she is less experienced to be able to tell he really isn't so into girls, or is it because he things she'd be easier to question about Trevellion? Also, I really do think his mother Benedicta knows of LJ's sexual preferences- she is way too astute and knows way too much about sexual nature.

I must say that the use of language is so very funny - like witty humor. Totally missed the 1st time I read it (esp the part with OBannion's corpse and the goings on there)!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 8:17 am

star Voy
Ok this is past where you are, Oh Yes, so don't read my post or the link until after you get to the whole "reveal" at Lallybroch.... star this is amazing on what Jamie was planning and why he didn't tell Claire everything...and just how much Jenny messed things up! http://community.compuserve.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=ws-books&tid=70793 check out DG's post!

Oh and yesterday there was a great discussion on Percy in her website and a HAWT hand drawn rendition of him.
Back to top Go down
doxielover

doxielover

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 8:36 am

Thanks UAP, I loved reading that tid bit. I've been skipping around in books, different series, avoiding reading the end of DIA even though I've already read it. I'll finish it shortly and go on to Book 3, but for some reason the end of this book really saddens me.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 9:55 am

star DiA- whole book
Book 3 saddens me only in the beginning until Jamie and Claire find each other, even with all the *cough* drama at Lallybroch. Well and the part where Claire runs off and comes back is emotional, but the rest I can handle...though the jumping ships is a bit crazy and sad when they are apart....OK maybe you are right...emotional book. Not my favorite, although it has such touching, heartwrenching, surprises, suspense and funny parts...it is the time apart that kills me most which is why it isn't my favorite.
Back to top Go down
doxielover

doxielover

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 10:09 am

I just find DIA the saddest in the series.....none the less, I love it.
Back to top Go down
kimba

kimba

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 3:50 pm

I bought the audio cds of Outlander and DIA! They are fantastic! I highly recommned either buying them or get them form a library!

****** Voyager*********

Oh I still get so mad at Jamie for not telling Claire about wife #2! And don't get me started on Jenny! She is still on my shit list! Because of her meddling Jamie almost died,and lost the one woman he ever loved. Yea,yea she says she was trying to protect him,I don't buy it at all. And I so wish we could find out what her and Jamie said to each other when they were fighting after Claire left..and I how Ian gave her a peice of his mind of causing such chaos!
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 8:34 pm

star Voy star
So I am caught up, well a little, they are on the ship watching the Moon on their way to Barbados.

OMG, Leghair! :evil: Jeez, I didn't see that coming. I guess I understand why he didn't tell her, but he should have brought it up on the way to Lallybroch. I am sure he was planning on telling her, but things were kinda screwed up from the moment they are first reunited. I am sure he was scared of loosing her again.

Leghair is a piece of work. Ugh, and I am mad at Jenny, but I understand her wanting to see Jamie happy. I mean she thought Claire was dead, and even if she knew the truth she thought Claire had left for good. So, I can understand her wanting her brother to have some happiness. But with Longhair FFS! Somehow I don't think I have seen the last of Leghair. I hope Claire gets to put a fork in her someday.

And LOL of course now we are stuck with the daughter of Leghair - ugh!

Yes, Jamie has the pictures in his pocket, thank goodness. I was worried about them for a while.

Poor wee Ian! Who took him? Now we have buried treasure and pirates - wahooo - loving it. Ok, I have to go read now!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:27 am

OY- you can read the link from DG I posted earlier this week. She explains Jamie's plan and why he waited. Verra interesting.

star Dia
Oh no Leghair is like a rash, it just keeps coming back and itching when it is the worse time. And it requires money and effort to fix or it spreads infecting all around it! To me Legho is the ultimate villain...she seems to have no remorse... I mean she shot the man and still wants his money...and she tried to have his wife burned to the stake. No no remorse. She thinks first of herself, then her kids, and no one else after that...and if it is a choice between her welfare or her kids happiness...well she is out for #1. Nope don't like her. Not one bit. I had more compassion for BJR. At least he wanted to be loved and to love even though love was sadistic to him. And he did love his brother.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:46 am

star DIA star

uap--Loved thinking of Leghair as a rash! And I had more *cough* compassion *cough* for BJR than Leghair. Same reason. He was twisted, but he loved Jamie.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 9:25 am

LOL- I was gonna say herpes instead of a rash, but changed my mind...LMAO
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 9:38 am

Herpes is systemic, but it does appear as a rash on the skin.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 10:26 am

Good to know! See she then can be a case of herpes!
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 3:58 pm

LOL Legho herpes!

star Voyager star
Oooooooo....almost done. There is so much action at the end of this book. I only have about 40 pages and I will post more tomorrow. It is all just happening so fast, Gellie (sp), the voodoo ceremony, they just got the boat from Lord John, Rev. Campbell being the "fiend" - verra verra nice!!! I don't want it to end. I am hoping they get Ian back, and I am also hoping that Claire isn't going to go through another portal. OMG so does Gellie want to get Bree! Noooooo, but I kinda want Jamie to meet her.

Can you tell I am really getting sucked in now Wink
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 2:37 pm

Oh Yes---I hear the sound of a huge whirlpool! I recognize it, because I went through it. The last 40 pages will make you sweat!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 3:47 pm

And then there is that darned prophesy. Have fun. Guaranteed you'll keep reading onto the next book!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 6:52 am

Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 8:38 am

uap--That was a great snippet! So, that is where Jaime got the notion that Claire is an old one. Hmmmmm.....! The chalice? What is that about? Any ideas?

Hey, have you read the Adrien English series by Josh Lanyon? It is wonderful.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 11:31 am

It's on my list- but I have to say I'm enjoying this Highlander series I'm reading. I am only reading Scottish books until my trip then I will read others, but I will read Keri Arthur's new one out today and Chloe Neill's and Charlaine Harris's one out 5/3 is it?
We need a new release book thread here I just realized!

That snippet was amazing- so many things- like the guy who gave the tooth is probably the same Scientist guy (you know the spider guy and they saw him in the indies) and the Jewish guy is the same one from the swamps DG said and may make an appearance in book 8! Plus Twelvetrees! Oh and I totally missed so much of the humor in the LJ series. It is so much more obvious by the reader of the audiobooks!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 11:39 am

Some new releases are on the calendar, and others are up in the forum rules under the new releases thread.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 11:57 am

Thanks- I missed that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!
Page 10 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 31  Next