Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!

Go down 
+12
Starbrites
sabby
shirleyjo
Greencat
kimba
hopsngrapes
Oh Yes
doxielover
FaeLadyFaye
2shay
Dragonlady
uapeople
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
2shay

Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 4:11 pm

I am sure it hasn't escaped any one's notice that Claire was uniquely suited for life in the Scottish Highlands in 1743. She was raised by her Uncle Lamb, spending much of her youth on one archeological dig or another. She had gone for long periods of time in pretty primative conditions. If fact, she hadn't had much of a "normal" life for her time period until after she met and married Frank.

Now. Why was Claire so upset when they returned to Castle Leogh....? First she sees Leghair, then she hears Jamie tell Collum he has married now and wants his rents...from the man who beat her half to death! Enough to upset a woman who was coerced into marriage all by itself. But, Jamie had told her that maybe Dougal and Collum wanted him dead so he wouldn't be a threat to Hammish and would probably killed him if he had taken the traditional oath during the gathering. Then, he told her that they might not want him dead so his land wouldn't go back to the Frasers; and that being married to an English woman would end any possibility of him ever challenging to be laird. So much contridictory information coming at her, mostly from Jamie himself. Why wouldn't she believe that Jamie had married her to save his life if Dougal and Collum didn't want him to be a threat to Hammish and to secure his rents since no father would allow his daughter to marry a penniless outlaw? Claire had no reason to trust Jamie. She was, however, beginning to fall in love with him. So, she was really hurt. Then he does this whole me Tarzan you Jane sexual ....almost assualt!! Damn. If she didn't need his protection....and she did.....! Wow!

ETA: Jamie swore an oath not to beat Claire again. He didn't swear an oath not to use his cock as an assault weapon. Just another way to bruise and batter a woman who can't fight back. I wasn't real happy with Jamie along in here. Ahem....she gave some back to him too, though, and had made it plain that a little pain along with the sex was good for her. So I didn't make too big a deal of it.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 7:21 am

wow Shay! Lot said. Have to get to work, but before ....

star BIG SPOILERS Book 8 except where Roger winds up star

I was thinking- in Exile where Murtaugh sees Claire and the other guy come from the stones...I wonder when Roger winds up at Lallybroch if he remembers the story of Murtaugh and tells him everything. If so then that is why he may pledge himself to Jamie? I wonder if Roger tells Brian or Jamie's mom anything?
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 7:32 am

uap---Yeah. I have gotten way too chatty about the whole thing! Can't seem to help myself.

Jamie has just rescued Claire from the witch trial. I think that might have been very convient for Colum. I don't think he arranged it in any way, but I think he would have, at some point, wanted her gone or dead because she knew Hammish wasn't his son. Very neat way for him to get rid of her.

I am not sure when Claire actually fell in love with Jamie, but I know when I did. I fell in love with Jamie in the stable when he was telling Hammish about horses and sex!

Claire's sense of social justice got her in trouble again. Just couldn't leave that baby alone to die. And, she couldn't leave Geillis alone and sick. She still isn't taking Jamie's world seriously enough. Still doesn't realize how many ways danger can come at her. Still isn't willing to be the "obediant little woman"!

ETA: And we wouldn't have much of a story if Claire minded Jamie like a robot.....
Back to top Go down
doxielover

doxielover

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 8:51 pm

My daughter just finished Outlander, and I said I can't believe you're not crying!! She said WHY, and I said well, she just went back through the stones. She said no, she just told Jamie she's pregnant and they were in the baths........oops. My bad, and she's very unhappy. Sorry, Mick :oops:
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 7:19 am

nothing like spoiling the next book for her...LOL
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 7:46 am

Doxie--It is so easy to forget where one book ends and another begins.....

Well, my frantic posting came to an end yesterday. My Directv receiver went out a few days ago and the service guy came to replace it yesterday afternoon. Went in the attic to check some wires and stepped through my dining room ceiling..... wtf Directv will pay for repairing the hole and repainting the ceiling, but you know what that means. The rest of the walls will look like crap, so we'll have to do that. Not to mention that my HOUSE will be out of whack until we finish......grumble....grumble....growl.
Back to top Go down
doxielover

doxielover

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 8:05 am

Shay, bad, bad, bad! I can only imagine your surprise when the guy fell through the ceiling!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 9:47 am

Well, it was just is foot and part of his leg. Made a hell of a mess, though. He didn't even need to be up there. Turns out the receiver they sent was faulty. Nothing wrong with our wiring. Didn't have to happen. Mad
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 10:14 am

That really is horrid. At least no one was hurt and the worst thing about all of it is the inconvenience.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 10:16 am

heart heart Outlander heart heart

Oh, man! Oh, man! I love this book. This book is so perfect. So right. Jamie and Claire are just amazing. Jamie did everything a young Highland warrior who was raised to lead should do. A wonderful example of a well educated man of his time. Claire, too, was a perfect example of a well educated woman of her time. Their two separate times had some major cultural conflicts. By the end of the story, they are changing each other. Jamie and Claire are both moving toward each other's point of view as their lives become inextricably intertwined. Beautiful love story. heart heart heart
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 4:43 pm

Started Dragonfly In Amber.......
Back to top Go down
mlssglbrt9

mlssglbrt9

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 3:17 pm

Wow, you read fast.
Back to top Go down
http://evolutionofalifestyle.blogspot.com
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 6:49 pm

OMG, Shay, I just read about the guy falling through your ceiling. Since he wasn't hurt, i'll go ahead and call him a dumbass. If he goes into attics, he should know to watch where he steps!

Miss, I gave up trying to keep up with Shay a long time ago. I think she plugs her kindle into her head and downloads! Where are you at miss?
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 2:45 pm

I wish I could plug my kindle into my head! So many books! I am trying my best to read them all!

Dragonfly In Amber

My third reading and I still laughed my butt off over Jamie's reaction to Claire waxing her legs and her pits! When he found out that Louise had waxed every thing...! OMG...."she took the hair off her honeypot!!?". Such a funny, funny scene.
Back to top Go down
doxielover

doxielover

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 7:30 pm

The Honeypot, I can't wait for my daughter to get there. She calls me laughing like crazy over something, and it's so much fun to go over with her.

I'm on 7, and struggling, again, to get through everything with William. I am having a terrible time getting vested in him. I hoped the second time around that it would be easier, but no such luck. HELP!! Is anyone else having the same problem?
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 3:13 pm

Doxie....in my first reading, I didn't even like to read about Roger and Bree! I just wanted Jamie and Claire! On second reading, I enjoyed Roger and Bree and it was only William's parts that made me impatient. So....I don't know. I will have to see if I get more interested in William on this third reading. I think we SHOULD be interested. I know DG isn't telling us that much about William if he isn't important...aside from being Jamie's son. I don't know where it will go....but I think everything we know about him will matter at some point.

Dragonfly In Amber

OMG.....Claire has lost Faith. They have been through the whole "nettle" thing. They are both suffering over the loss of the baby and Claire going to the king to have Jamie freed. So much guilt....from both. They both have things they feel terrible about....almost hate each other for some of the things they've done. That is so NOW! So many couples don't survive as couples after the loss of a child...between their own guilt....could have, should have!....and blaming their spouse....could have, should have....a lot don't make it through. So sad. Then Jamie and Claire have the issues of the king and BJR eating at them. Och! Finding the cuddled skeletons in the remains of the cave....realizing how short life can be...might be what helped them start to heal. So sad.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 8:10 am

Dragonfly In Amber

I don't know how many time I could read this story without crying when Rupert dies. Damn.
Back to top Go down
doxielover

doxielover

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 8:22 am

I'm hoping the third time will be the charm, for William. It's strange, because I actually enjoy Bree and Roger, and I love Ian and his adventures! Jem is so much fun to read about, and it's been amazing watching him grow up.......I'm sure Willie will grow on me!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 5:46 pm

Doxie, I hope so. Through two readings I just thought Willie was.....boring!

I have to take time to read a book in a series that released a couple of days ago then on to Voyager!
Back to top Go down
doxielover

doxielover

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 9:14 pm

Shay, yes boring that's it......I really hope I can grow to like his story line. I think we're going to get a big dose of him in the next book.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 12:45 pm

I think so too, doxie. I have stopped before getting to Voyager. Reading a Maya Banks highlander book. I will be back to Voyager by tomorrow at the latest.
Back to top Go down
mlssglbrt9

mlssglbrt9

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 1:28 pm

Through DIA already? Sheesh. They're still at the Castle for me! (in Outlander!)
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 4:02 pm

Castle Leogh? missi--is this your first reading? or second? I am not quite sure where you are.
Back to top Go down
mlssglbrt9

mlssglbrt9

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 4:28 pm

It's my first read through. They're at the castle. He just gave her the ring. I haven't been able to read in a week! Agh!!!
Back to top Go down
doxielover

doxielover

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 7:47 pm

I'm reading: An Echo in the Bone.....Chapter 93 A Series of Short, Sharp Shocks, I can't read this chapter. I know what's coming, and I'm a coward!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!
Page 20 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 31  Next