Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!

Go down 
+12
Starbrites
sabby
shirleyjo
Greencat
kimba
hopsngrapes
Oh Yes
doxielover
FaeLadyFaye
2shay
Dragonlady
uapeople
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Greencat

Greencat

Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 6:00 pm

I love the audio version of this one, the books are rather overwhelming to me. 44hrs of audio takes awhile to get through as well, and don't even ask how long it takes to download on crappy wireless.

It is different for me because it is not just one strange land, but two for me. Haven't ever been to Scotland or America, great learning the history of the times, I really find that interesting and sad.

The outbreak of pox on the ship just blew me away. You wonder how anyone survived. Sparked an interested in the immigration to NZ in the 1800's.
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 10:27 pm

I agree GP you got to jump on the bandwagon!!! As GC said the books are a little overwhelming but well worth it.

Now that I'm driving so much for work I'm going to start doing audio books again... first I'm going to try something light... but next wil ABOSNA?? The book everybody warned me to be careful of!!! Wish me luck ladies I'll keep u guys posted once i start. bounce
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 8:13 am

Let me know when you start ABOSAA! I've read as far as Fiery Cross, so that's my next Outlander book also.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 8:31 pm

happy dance excited SQUEEE!!!!! excited happy dance

very happy

It's all over the Facebook and interwebs, and I'm so freaking excited!

Outlander TV Series???

Move over Khal Drogo and Eric Northman - make room for JAMIE! (Don't make me send in the cows!!)
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 8:46 pm

Now it would make a great TV series, hope they don't screw with the story too much. And they will need lots of luck casting Jamie.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 9:06 pm

Ok that's it!!!!!
I'm going to get on this gravy train. Going to download be right back
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 9:37 pm

happy dance It's about time girl!! Your going to heart every minute of Jamie and Claire.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 1:43 pm

Doppleganger wrote:
happy dance excited SQUEEE!!!!! excited happy dance

very happy

It's all over the Facebook and interwebs, and I'm so freaking excited!

Outlander TV Series???

Move over Khal Drogo and Eric Northman - make room for JAMIE! (Don't make me send in the cows!!)

twirling This is the BEST news ever!!!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 1:20 pm

Ok so if things go right for me today, I will get to start to read the first book!!!
Back to top Go down
autumnleaves

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 7:33 pm

I hope you enjoy it GP! Outlander is my favorite book of the series. A lot of readers disliked the first 50-70 pages (not me), but keep hope alive and keep reading. Jamie is so worth it!!!
Back to top Go down
autumnleaves

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 7:35 pm

Good luck with the audio of ABOSAAA Sabrina. I can't imagine listening to what happens in thY book on audio - but we all must do what we must to get the fulfillment of a book. hugs
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:33 pm

I have just started Fiery Cross on audio, dam it will take me ages to get to this one. It's the next one right? I'm going to have to start listening in the car, doing the shopping, house work etc etc lol. I haven't read any of the books gone Audio the whole series.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 9:37 pm

Hey autumn!! Hi

I'm excited!! You all have raved about DG and this series so can't wait to be about to discuss it with y'all!!!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 8:03 am

Have you started? Haveyouhaveyou? excited These aren't just books, they are experiences!

I second autumn's comment about the first 50-70 pages. I enjoyed Outlander from the start, but not everyone likes the beginning. Stick with it!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:58 am

There is also a part that is incredibly disturbing by someone we want to love...please just keep reading...he will redeem himself...just keep reading....it will be explained in this and further books...and remember this is the 18C.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 7:55 am

I'm glad DG started back with her Daily Lines. It was a sad few weeks without them. I can't wait till the new book comes out next year.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 8:10 am

I love starting my day with them....even though it's naughty of me to.spoiler myself.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:39 am

I do that same thing! Every morning it is the first thing I do on my PC. Did you see that MOBY (written in my own heart's blood) book 8 will be out fall 2013 and not the last one?
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 6:48 pm

I saw that it will be out next fall which is still to far away. *pout* I however didn't see that it will not be the last one.

I can't wait for all those novella's to be put out so we can buy them and not have to buy the whole anthologies that they came in.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 3:16 am

Greencat wrote:
I have just started Fiery Cross on audio, dam it will take me ages to get to this one. It's the next one right? I'm going to have to start listening in the car, doing the shopping, house work etc etc lol. I haven't read any of the books gone Audio the whole series.

Dam, I posted this in July, it's now um September and I'm only 65% done. I need to listen faster Wink
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 9:48 am

lol...feiry cross has lots of day to day stuff and can lose your attention if your 1st time. Other times it has you enrapt becasue there are so many clues, pieces of the puzzle and people you meet later.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 8:57 pm

Yah, Fiery Cross was a Feast or Famine read for me. There were some parts that were amazingly good and some that were downright gut-wrenching, but with lots of stuff in between.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 10:12 pm

I love Bree and Jamie's conversations. Just had to say that smile

It is feast or famine, there are parts I just tune out like the official letters etc. One minute they have found out Bonnet was right under their noses then he's stolen Lucas and disappears. Then the story starts dragging on about the regulators etc.

I suppose a lot of the history stuff is interesting for you guys, since it is your history and you may know a bit about it. Me not so much. I do enjoy learning about the way of life in that time, not so much the war history.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 1:46 pm

I have to admit it was tedious the 1st time I read it...it wasn't the next times because of the foreshadowing, clues and people you meet later.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 1:14 am

I'm getting excited for A Trail of Fire. I admit I am not the biggest LJ fan but I really want to read The Space Between.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!
Page 30 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next