Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Name your Literary Poison ....

Go down 
+18
Starbrites
Mochabookluver
calimama
lornadune
Greencat
hmashburn
caligrl
sabby
gracious-plenty
Dragonlady
b4v
hopsngrapes
planetcheese
Doppleganger
2shay
uapeople
FaeLadyFaye
showmethelove
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 10:53 am

Yeah, I keep going back to it.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 10:39 pm

I got the Hell Cop anthology as it has a story by Ginn Hale. I've read the first story so far and it's pretty good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 12:35 am

I have heard very very good things about these 2 books .. You evil temptress you! I have finished Catch me if You Can... It was good, really good - Ce and Dan are keepers!! smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 12:36 am

I ended up buying the Xmas anthology with stories by Josh, LB Gregg, Harper and someone else (?) may read this next.. Counting the days to Kate and Curran smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 6:23 am

Plans schmans... I am starting Stacia Kane series - Unholy Ghosts locked and loaded - just felt like a total change smile
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 6:51 am

uapeople wrote:
Just read "Possessed By the Highlander" by Terri Brisbin (which I now find out is book 3 in the MacLerie series) and really enjoyed it. Romance. Scottish Highlands. Kilts. Hot men. And not one use of burgeoning! Oh and all her books in this series are less than $4 on kindle.
Ok, so I started the beginning on the series (and it is verra good) and I had this strange sense of deju vu. Then I realize why, many of the characters names and stories are the same or similar of another series I read. I just can't remember which one. So, I have some to the conclusion that since many of these series are historical romance, that there must have been at least a fictional beast of the highlands, which makes sense because of the berserker rumors as well. Now I must research before the trip. It's funny because the other series also had a Swedish warrior who was best friends with the laird (and possibly even the same name).
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 8:09 am

I chose to post here for no reason whatsoever! twirling I haven't read anything. I haven't posted. I am up to my ass in alligators at work. I'll be back. Hopefully for the chat. Love you guys! Miss you! draw u heart
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 9:09 am

I'm sorry 2shay. I hope you can be there for the chat too. Don't let the alligators bite your ass. The Hell Cops books are anthologies if you find yourself with the time to get a small amount of reading in. They are worth it. Demon boyfriend!!! I shouldn't have to say more.
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 2:50 am

I think Hard Reckoning is up next for me, after I finish my current library book (book four of Alyson Noel's YA series The Immortals).
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 11:39 am

I don't know if any of you guys are into memoir books but a friend of my suggested that I read The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls. It was a fantastic book. It's definitely a good read if your into those kinds of books..
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 8:19 am

Well, so much for finishing the library book and then onto HR. I was getting frustrated with the main character, had a look on my kindle and saw that Sno Ho was not too long, thought "perfect, I'll take a break, go on a little Day trip". Yeah, right! So, Life In Fusion later... Boone heart Wade. So good! Ok, back to the original plan now.

Last edited by b4v on Fri May 20, 2011 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 9:02 am

I'm reading HOUNDED by Kevin Hearne, and loving it!

Its an urban fantasy centered around Atticus who is the last Druid. He's 21 (centuries), but childish pranks keep him feeling young.
He has an doggie sidekick who is obsessed with French poodles, sausage, and Gengis Khan. Their discussions (via magical mental telepathy) are hysterical!
Anyway, everyone it seems is out to steal a magical Sword in Atticus' possession. He is guessing which gods are helping him and which are deceiving, cautiously dealing with a powerful coven of witches, sparring with a Viking vamp, relying on a werewolf lawyer, and burying bodies in an Irish widow's back yard. It's ok, he had permission for that last one.

I'm 70% of the way through Hounded, but I couldn't wait to finish before I pimp it.

One note: There is zero romance in Hounded. It is pure Urban Fantasy, perfect for a palate cleansing break in between romance reads.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 10:27 am

I haven't read much lately. Been busy. But, while killing some time a few days ago in the kindle gay mysteries section, I happened across a book called Cut and Run by Madeleine Urban and Abigail Roux. I thought it looked pretty good and wanted something a little different, so I bought it. The story is about 2 FBI agents, Ty and Zane, who, for different reasons, aren't at the top of the FBI pecking order any more. They are both a little unconventional and at odds with the bosses. They are partnered for a special case involving a serial killer, and the Assistant Director of the FBI thinks their special abilities might be just the ticket to break the case. Sounds okay.

Now. I have been busy with a lot of distractions. Pick up the book....put it down. I had a really hard time getting interested. The pov shifts rapidly between the two main character...virtually every paragraph is switched between the two. Being distracted already, I found this style even more distracting. I ave taken more than a week to read a book I would normally sail through in a day and a half at most.

Okay. About a third of the way into this story, I noticed that I didn't have to look back to see who's pov I was reading. I just knew. The characters are so well defined that it was no effort at all to be in the story with them. Huh. That was interesting. Really. Also, the story had captured my attention. Hmmmmm.....Well, while the book took me a week to read, the last 2 thirds I read practically straight through. Lost some sleep....which I needed!...Not kidding about being busy.

Bottom line. This is a three book series, and I downloaded book 2 this morning. Sticks and Stones I am still very busy, and have no time to read, but I don't think I can help myself. Reading these two women's work was....different. Sort of like the first time I read Charlie Huston.

A little more. These two men are damaged humans with a lot of personal history. I guess you would have to say they are both bi-sexual. One has been married, the other chases women like you would not believe. But, they both have a little taste for men, too. Their attraction to each other while trying to work a difficult case is tough for them both. The sex, by the way,is hot. Hot. The back stories are not all told, I am hoping for more in book 2. If you've read Adrian English, I would say that this is a little like have two Jakes in a potential relationship. Tough guys. There is some low key humor, but it isn't a laugh out loud kind of book. Of course, I didn't find much funny about Jake, either.

I think many of you will really like this story. I am loving it, and though busy, I can't wait to get into book 2. shay\\'s baby
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 10:43 am

Two Jakes in a potential relationship sounds messy and dramatic, but in a good way.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 11:32 am

This is now the second time I've heard of this series. That means I'll just have to read it.

I'm currently reading Aleksandr Voinov's Special Forces books. If you can get through the first third of the first book it's incredibly good. It's also free. It's really long too, so you get a lot for your money.
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 9:52 pm

So much for just a short Day trip! Finished all the Ethan Day books I had left. I just live his books, they're funny, sweet, engaging without losing any emotional depth. Anyway, since I haven't anymore to read I can now get onto to my library book, which is YA story by Sarah Dessen, What Happened To Goodbye. After that will definitely be the Rifter series by Ginn Hale.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 2:50 am

Well I am still in Joshlandia smile had intended to start the 3 Cut & Run books .... Got them, but haven't started yet.... On book 27 of Josh's, 42 in total, damn!! Not sure when I will get out, not sure that I want to twirling
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 6:17 am

Finished What Happened To Goodbye. It was really good, couldn't put it down! Onto the first of the Rifter books now. What happened to the Downside Ghosts series, Swede? smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 6:36 am

I don't know that Josh book.... Wink yes I know, I know - but I just love the way he writes! This is the last one - definitely hitting Kate and Curran next week, and want to do a couple more JCP ones before her chat .... And then m/maybe onto DG but not prom/missing smile
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 8:40 am

Less than 3 weeks to the next Rifter. The Special Forces series has actually made me stop thinking about Rifter, of course it also left me crying for a few hours. Now I'm thinking about Rifter though. Damn!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 9:37 am

I finished Hounded, will be picking up book 2 (Hexed) when it comes out June 7th. I really enjoyed this one. excited

I've jumped back into Kate Daniels (Rawr!), and really want to get into the Rifter serials after that. A serial sounds like fun!

I've seen several advertisements for What Happened to Goodbye. So its good? What's it about?
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 10:27 am

Okay, book 2 of the Cut and Run series, Sticks and Stones. Read straight through! And lost more sleep. Okay, Ladies. Ahem....I adore Ty and Zane. I have already started book 3, Fish and Chips. Yep. Love these guys!
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 10:34 am

Alright, I've added it to the list! Thanks Shay pimp
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 12:42 am

lol Swede,why an I not surprised confused What JL book are you reading at the moment? I've finally got Snowball In Hell, so that will probably be my next read.

Dopple, WHTG is about 17yo McLean who, when her parents went through a messy divorce about 3yrs prior, chose to live with her Dad. His job as a consultant meant they moved every 6mths or so. Each time they moved she would choose a different name & persona for herself in a bit of an effort to become someone else and kind of escape the reality if what happened with her parents. It's pretty much the story of how she finds herself again. I really liked it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 4:16 am

I am pretty much just reading every one - there are 42 loaded on my kindle I have 15 to go :-) just read 2 really quick one "In Sunshine and In Shadow" and "A Limited Enagement" last week I read "Don't look Back" and the 2 book series "Dark Horse" and "White Knight" - everything he writes is great IMO
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Name your Literary Poison ....
Page 13 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 28  Next