Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Name your Literary Poison ....

Go down 
+18
Starbrites
Mochabookluver
calimama
lornadune
Greencat
hmashburn
caligrl
sabby
gracious-plenty
Dragonlady
b4v
hopsngrapes
planetcheese
Doppleganger
2shay
uapeople
FaeLadyFaye
showmethelove
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28
AuthorMessage
sabby

sabby

Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 9:01 pm

OK I guess I'm gonna have to put PPXmas on the list for this week, love sweet Xmas stories!!! air kiss
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 11:08 pm

Finished Blood Rights by Kristen Painter. It has an amazing, irresistible cover.
I really enjoyed the mythology that Painter created - she has separated vampires into different lines with different abilities, similar to Chris Buecheler. The main character, Chrysabelle, is a Comarre, one of a race of humans bred specifically for use as high potency blood sources who reminded me a lot of Ward's Chosen. It's intricate and detailed world-building, and I want to read the next book in the series just to learn more about the Comarre,

The downside is that there was a couple major holes in the plot that bugged the ever-loving hell out of me. The biggest hole involves a major cornerstone of the plot - the ownership of Rights to Chrysabelle's special Comarre Tastyblood™️. It's important that the Rights are owned by a certain character but the way they are acquired leaves a lot open to argument. It's never clear how Blood Rights are enforced, or why Chrysabelle doesn't rebel against the concept entirely.
It's a big gaping hole that is hard to ignore throughout the book. Sad I'm hoping this improves as the series goes on, because the world-building is seriously cool and has great potential.

Plus I really REALLY like the covers of these books.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 7:31 am

Sound interesting! You might have to remind me later. I got stuck on Laura Harner...read everything! Her Honey House was one of the most interesting books I've read lately. Now back to Pamela Clare's historicals. Her Kenleigh/Blakewell series....good stuff. Then Ibwill go back to Jamie and Claire.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 6:46 pm

I just put Pamela Clares new book on my TBR list. If it's half as good as her i-team then I will be a happy lady.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 3:53 pm

Starbrites----Surrender? I loved it! I used to just really HATE historical romance. I changed. Now it's one of my favorites.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 10:32 pm

I don't know about historical romances as much as I am in love with scottish romances. How in the world I got obsessed with those I have no idea.. smile
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 11:25 pm

I was never a big fan of historical romances either until I read Outlander. I blame the kilts.
Lordy I love kilts. I don't care if most men in real life look goofy in them. Still love 'em!
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 9:43 am

I think its the glorious combination of Kilts and their convenient attraction.... and the lovely Scottish burr with their expertly rolling rrrr's..... I mean hello who can deny tongues.. I mean men like those!!!!! drool in love roflmao
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 11:08 am

twirling Kilts and rrrr....tongues! twirling
Back to top Go down
girlwhowaited

girlwhowaited

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 12:07 pm

There's always this running joke of do they wear anything UNDER those kilts?!? And never a conclusive answer to it, either! Sometimes yes, sometimes no! *lol*
Weird though how a guy in a skirt can look so hot.... the Romans had these skirt things too as part of their uniform... is this because pants were so hard to make??? Wink
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 12:21 pm

The kilts, The accent, The fact that they all seem to be built like gods and hung like horses. Oh my did I just write that for all to see?? Wink
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 1:52 pm

Starbrites---You did write it! I read it! You can't take it back! roflmao I think it was in one of KMM's highlander books that the kilted guy said they were all hugh like horses BECAUSE of wearing kilts. No restrictions. They could just grow and grow.....ahem....blushing
Back to top Go down
girlwhowaited

girlwhowaited

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 3:59 pm

*nods wisely* hm, yes, I've always suspected this, continued exposure to rough weather toughens anyone up .... and lord knows it can get wet in Scotland.... Wink Wink and cold too!

*giggles*
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 4:52 pm

agghh yes the Roman warriors must not be forgotten either yummy ..... although I still got to go back to the burr!!!!!! Thats what gets me!!!! not worthy flirty And yes I remember the reference shay, to restricting blue treuse being such a hinderance (or something like that). confused
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 11:04 pm

Oh dear gawd the accent! It's verra verra distracting. I still miss THE VOICE! (But I get a lot more work done with him around - ha!)

Cute little ditty about Kilts...kinda:
The Drunk Scotsman <-----Click there to play video

(No bad words, but content is a bit naughty. 2.5 minutes long.)
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 8:46 am

OMG that was hilarious LOVED it!!!! bounce cheers SO when are we planning a group trip to Scotland again???? scratch not worthy very happy
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 pm

Well, now, lad.....I will be a hummin that little ditty for the rest of the day....I don't know where ye've been, lad, but I see ye've won first prize! Priceless..... twirling
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 8:55 pm

This is hilarious too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3JcHhA7M-Y

but I am not making any trips to Scotland until my emotions are much less raw. I think when I do it will be a healing trip to think of Paul.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 9:02 pm

and having your car break down in the rain ain't so bad with these guys around https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFQonTlU66I

New take on a famous movie scene https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGPQujE5QvI&feature=related

they are all good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr1_oJNmr4k&feature=related

Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 10:39 pm

Those Scotch ads are awesome!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 8:40 am

roflmao ...OMG!!! My BFF, Paula is off for Christmas and is sitting here with me having coffee. We are roflmao at the William Lawson ads. She is a Scotch drinker and will be having her some of that! We played the Sharron Stone ad about 10 times. That guy is way purty. Thanks Uap for posting those links.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 11:13 am

So many authors have written holiday shorts to give fans. I love this trend!
Here are the ones I know about. If you find any more, post links here!

Nalini Singh:
Movie Night

Ilona Andrews (This one is only available until January 8th):
Magic Gifts

Devon Monk:
Magic on a Holiday

Darynda Jones:
A Christmas Story: Flash Fiction Style

Josh Lanyon (Major spoilers for the Adrien English series here):
Flying High: The Adrien English and Jake Riorden Interview
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 3:31 pm

star Raven Cursed star

I am not posting on Faith's thread. I found RC to be very, well, not disappointing exactly, but not really a satisfying read, either. No resolution between Rick and Jane. A little slap and tickle, but no promises and Rick may be going away. And we still aren't sure if Jane will go back to NO, or not. Plus....what the hell happened to Jane's "world"? The world that FH created for JY has been invaded by the world of Thron St. Croix! I loved Rogue Mage, but didn't expect to run into witches being aided by angels in Jane's world. I didn't like it and won't be pre-ordering any more JY books until we return to the Rogue Hunter world where the witches are cute little side characters that make me smile. I HATED the whole demon battle crap. And Angels intervening is just a devise to rescue a character that a writer can't find another way out for. Weak. Only Rick or Bruiser should be saving Jane's butt. The Angel rescue was just BS!
No No Sad No No Sad
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 7:06 pm

I also thought Gee was brought into the series just to fix Leo.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 7:08 am

Yeah, well. I went ahead and posted on Faith's thread. I LOVED Kick-Ass Jane. Guilt Ridden, Confused Jane, not so much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 28 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Name your Literary Poison ....
Page 28 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28