Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blah! Blah! Blah!

Go down 
+12
calimama
autumnleaves
readerchic
uapeople
sabby
showmethelove
gracious-plenty
Starbrites
Doppleganger
FaeLadyFaye
2shay
Barbara
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14
AuthorMessage
Starbrites

Starbrites

Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 11:07 pm

Never seen 1 episode. It just didn't look all that good to me but my brother seems to think its the best show in the world. I personally don't see the appeal. I can't wait for supernatural to start and I really liked that new show that came out on lifetime called The Client List. Nurse Jackie!! That's a good show. I'm still bummed my all time favorite show just ended. I watched it right from the beginning. Did anyone ever watch Eureka? Was on the SyFy channel.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 1:44 pm

Nurse Jackie is OK. not my favorite. Just watched 1st 4 of Breaking Bad yesterday...not bad. never saw Supernatural. Watching now Copper, Hell on Wheels and Sons of Anarchy...oh and also the Voice. Soon Vampire Diaries comes back along with a few others I like.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 11:18 am

I just looked at Faith Hunter's events and she will be at NYC Comic Con this year. Then I went to Comic Con and they have listed so far Kim Harrison and Anne Rice (that I know of). If anyone plans on going please let me know. I am thinking about it.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 7:29 pm

I have a couple of audio credits I need to use before I lose them. Any suggestions? I have all the outlanders already smile
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 10:44 am

I hear some of Karen Marie Moning highlanders series has the guy that does Baron's sexy voice in them, but that was certainly not my favorite Highlander series. I loved Cat and Bones series but wasn't in love with the voice on it. Did you get teh Lord John Series? Those are great also on audio.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 6:30 pm

I might give the highlander series a try, I haven't got around to reading this one yet. And the guy who does Baron's voice, well how could I not have a look lol. I haven't got the Lord John series yet either. Is the audio as good for John as for the outlander series?
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 1:08 am

The guy who does Lord John is exceptional as well like the outlander audio books. Perfect British accent and until I listened on audio I missed some of the whit and funnies.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 6:59 am

Sold. I find the British accents easier to listen too. I think just because it is closer to my own.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 8:39 pm

I could try and read along with you GC. I have the first two downloaded. I was just tying to get caught up on a few others I was behind on. I'm just about done with Jeanne C. Stein's Haunted.
I've always love her Anna Strong series!!!
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 8:43 pm

Oh shoot scratch that GC...no idea it's the Outlander series I was going to start. My bad
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 8:52 pm

I need to vent so here goes...

When it comes to reading, I have OCD. Books must be read in order and I need to keep reading the series until the end. I figure the author has something to tell me about characters I like, I should listen. Well, it really bugs me when an author doesn't know when to stop and end the series. Here's what started this...

I've been reading D Cooke's Dragonfire series for years. Some books were good and some just okay. But there was so much potential and I love dragon shifters that I kept reading. Well, the major story arc ended and I was one book behind. There was only one main character left without a HEA. He was kind of young and had a lot of growing up to do. So last night I finally picked up the book that came out in Jan. I'm expecting to read about the last guy and to have the minor loose ends cleared up. But no, I started the book and realized that I had not met these characters before. So I read the blurb ( I know. I should have done that first) and I see that I have no clue who the blurb is talking about. So, I'm thinking, well, she's going to have one book with new characters but then we'll go back to the guy I was expecting - maybe he just needed some more time to mature. I check to see the blurb for the book that's coming out this month. I was surprised to see more people in the blurb that I don't know. So I flipped through the pages of the book I started reading looking for the name of the guy I was expecting and he was mentioned only briefly.

So my problem - Here's a series that I didn't mind reading but now the author is introducing people to keep the series going. They should have been gradually introduced in previous books. That way I would already know and care about them. But, I felt like I was starting over with a new series. It's time for it to end. So I guess I'll have to be the strong one and force myself to stop. I'll always wonder what happened with the last guy but I'm moving on. Goodbye my shifting dragons.

Thanks for listening. I feel better. phewwwww
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 9:58 pm

Oh come here PC and lemme give you a hugs

I know exactly what you mean. I feel the same way about Laurel K Hamilton's Anita series. After what, book #30 something or another you would think she would wrap it up??
But NO!!! No No
This last book kiss of Death was so pointless. Added nothing to the overall storyline. Just her everyday kind of day book. cussing
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 6:07 am

Thanks for the hugs

You are right about the Anita Blake series. I forgot about that. LKH creates some of the most memorable characters I’ve ever read. But then we never see them again.

star Kiss of Death star
The last book began with her police buddies saying the same thing that we've heard other cops say a hundred times before. And then the end? I’m sorry but Asher would never leave JC. And they would be together by now.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 7:37 am

I hate that, pc. Mad

There are very few series that i've abandoned, but they still make me sad. Feels like I've broken up with the author. Sad

It sounds almost like Cooke *did* start a new series, but didn't label it properly. All new characters with little to no tie-in with previous books is a new series as far as I'm concerned. A spin-off if its in the same world, but still new and separate. Either Cooke or the editor/publisher is being deceptive and cowardly.

I appreciate authors like Jaye Wells, Gail Carriger, and Devon Monk who meticulously plan their story arc and stick to it, leaving tidy and satisfying conclusion.

I'm intimidated by the Anita Blake books! Still putting that series off.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 1:47 pm

There are some incredible Lover At Last and Fallen Angel series spoilers, from JR Ward's last signing, on this Goodreads thread:

BDB Spoilers!

Let me know if you have trouble with the link....last time I did this I screwed up a security setting. cussing
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 8:32 pm

Dopple - that's exactly what it felt like - we just broke up.

Ooh, Ward spoilers. I'm off to check this out. Thanks. happy dance
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 2:34 pm

The Walking Dead: Oh My Fuck

There was an entire season packed into last night's episode. Hubby and I stared into space for a few minutes after it ended, stunned.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 5:10 pm

I had to record last night's episode on my DVR because her hubby tells her at the last minute that he had to cut back their cable bill and she no longer has this channel.
I need to catch up and start this series apparently.
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 8:29 pm

GP - You have to watch season 3. It is just incredible. I have so many emotions in each episode. I'll scream, say yuck, tell a character they are insane and usually by the end, I'm speechless and just staring at the screen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blah! Blah! Blah!
Page 14 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Recommendations...Calendar of Events..Polls & More... :: Blah! Blah! Blah!-
Jump to: