Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blah! Blah! Blah!

Go down 
+12
calimama
autumnleaves
readerchic
uapeople
sabby
showmethelove
gracious-plenty
Starbrites
Doppleganger
FaeLadyFaye
2shay
Barbara
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 11:31 am

Me too but I don;t know the url either. Like Amanda, I too am on Dopp's friends list. Look for Nikki
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 9:27 am

I didn't know you were on goodreads Nikki. Well, PC you have a few of us to look for on there. smile
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 4:54 pm

I am but honestly I'm not goodreads savy. I don't really use it much so my navigation of the site is not very good.
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 6:19 pm

Oh this is so cool. I'll pop over and send a friend request to you guys now. Hi

You don't have to accept if you don't want to.

I hope no one takes offense by the books that I've read. I read a wide variety of genres. So I'm warning you now. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 6:22 pm

No Worries PC! I read all kinds of different stuff too. Request us! smile
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 6:28 pm

Okay, I sent friend requests. But Greencat, I couldn't find you. I'm not sure what name you use on GR's.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 7:19 pm

I must be crazy cause I have been in the mood to read Christmas themed books. Christmas is September anyone? xmas

Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 5:18 am

I love the Christmas tree! Too Cute. shake it baby

Did you decide on a Christmas book? I have a few that I purchased last year and I still haven't read them.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 8:16 am

I've been trying to motivate myself to start making Christmas gifts (crocheted scarves and hats, mostly) and can't aeem to get in the mood. Maybe a couple Christmas shorts / novellas will help.

Got any stories in mind, because I'm game! Which ones do you have pc?

Psst, pc, I *love* your goodreads bookshelves! Glad you found me. heart
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 8:54 am

I've decided my first Christmas read is Christmas Moon by Elizabeth Lane

Anything can happen under a Christmas Moon...

Pregnant, unwed and down on her luck, history teacher Emma Carlyle is facing the worst Christmas of her life. Needing some research for her master’s thesis on legendary Wyoming lawman J.D. McNulty, she makes a Christmas Eve drive to South Pass City, where J.D. was buried. Heading home, she loses her way in a storm. After her car vanishes, she ends up in 1870, half-frozen and in labor, on the doorstep of a remote mountain cabin. When J.D. himself opens the door with a pistol in one hand and a bottle of whiskey in the other...well, let’s just say that sparks start flying. These two lost souls are clearly meant for each other. But there’s one problem. Emma has studied everything about J.D.--and she knows he has only a few weeks to live.

I started it last night and so far it's pretty good.

I wanted to read a book called Sweet Inspiration by Penny Watson but I couldn't find it anywhere so I wrote the author or goodreads and she sent me a PM and offered me the PDF copy because it's out of book/ebook right now. So I emailed her and she sent me the book. I am going to read that one next. Wasn't that just awesome of her?
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 7:55 am

Penny Watson sounds like a sweetheart!

Christmad Moon sound good too, I'll pick it up tonight. Maybe prop the kindle up and do a little crocheting while I read. That way, I can blame my mistakes on the book.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 8:04 am

Christmas Moon was really good 4.5 stars for me but it wasn't a total Christmas book. It was still good either way.

I was a bit anxious to read Penny Watsons book. I kept thinking if this book sucks what will I do? I've never been given a book before by an author and if it stunk how could I write a review without sounding like a jerk? But no worries there I started last night and didn't want to put it down. It's really good. Funny, cute, romantic. Yup there's even some smexy! It's total Christmas with Santa, elves and the village. If the sex was toned down I could totally see this as a tv movie for abc family or the hallmark channel. Which I will totally write in my goodreads review when I'm finished with the book. smile I know I'll read the next book in the series for sure.
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 6:15 pm

Starbrites, You are never going to believe this. Earlier I said I have two Christmas books that I purchased last year that I keep meaning to read but I haven't? Well, guess who they are both by! Yep, you guessed it. I have Sweet Magik and Sweet Inspiration by Penny Watson. roflmao

That was so cool that she gave you a copy. What a sweetheart!

Christmas Moon sounds really good. I'm adding it to by TBR list.

Dopple - I'm glad you took a look at my GR's shelves. I like adding to people's TBR piles. It makes mine not seem so bad. One of these days, I need to clean my shelves up. I think they are a little messy. But it won't be today.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 6:42 pm

That's funny! The first was really good. I loved it. I have started the second book and so far it's good but I haven't gotten to far into it yet. Yes, that was really nice of her.

Christmas Moon was really good. I'm really addicted to time travel romances so it was right up my alley.
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 7:13 pm

I just checked and Fictionwise has Christmas Moon. I put it on my wishlist so the next big sale I'll get it.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 2:46 pm

I have never used Fictionwise before. Do they have good deals or something? I have used a few places but that was not one of them.
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 4:22 pm

You don't know about Fictionwise??? Oh my. You are going to heart it.

I have a kindle so I'm not sure how it works with a Nook (I'm not sure which e-reader you have.) But it's owned by Barnes and Noble.

They do not have every book like Amazon. But they have a lot. I don't remember ever seeing books from Penguin or Siren publishing. Every week, they offer a different sale amount. So never purchase anything from them without a code. Like I said, there's one every week. About every 3 months they offer a large code, either 50%, 55% or 60% off. I keep adding to my wishlist on their site and then when they have the large code, I purchase a ton of books. But Samhain books are not included in their discounts.

Right now the sale amount is 30% off. So I just checked and Christmas Moon's list price is $4.99. But with the discount, it's only $3.49. Also, every Monday, they offer books that are new to their site for 15% off so you would get 15% then 30% off.

A book will be available on Amazon first. Then about 2-6 weeks later, it will be available on Fictionwise.

Take a look at the site and if they have anything you want, create an account (it's free and easy). Then create a wishlist.

I'll let you know when the next good sale is and you can have fun shopping! twirling
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 11:40 am

I started LKH latest. Kiss of Death. I couldn't decide what to move to next and I already had this one. no idea
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 8:01 am

It actually wasn't that bad...but like someone else already commented...it was like reading 2 seperate books in one.
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 5:02 pm

I have not read anything since Sunday. Sigh, instead I picked up The Walking Dead season 2 from the library and I've been watching that all week. I'm loving the show but I'm having book withdrawls.

Oh, while I was at the library, I picked up four more books. I really need to get busy.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 9:20 pm

I love the Walking Dead - It's worth a slowdown in the reading.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 11:06 am

one of my favorites...can't wait until March when the next season starts!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 7:33 pm

I hear so much about this show but I've never watched any of them yet. Guess I need to get with the program, eh Wink
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 8:22 pm

I thought it was going to be really bad. But everyone kept telling me to watch it. I'm glad I did.

The first half of the second season was really slow. Not much happened. But then, it just took off and I was so glad that I was watching it on DVD. I could just click next episode, and watch. I stayed up way to late every night watching this show. But it was so worth it. very happy
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 10:15 pm

I only ever watched the first two episodes I think, tried watch in one further along but left to long and made no sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blah! Blah! Blah!
Page 13 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Recommendations...Calendar of Events..Polls & More... :: Blah! Blah! Blah!-
Jump to: