Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blah! Blah! Blah!

Go down 
+12
calimama
autumnleaves
readerchic
uapeople
sabby
showmethelove
gracious-plenty
Starbrites
Doppleganger
FaeLadyFaye
2shay
Barbara
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
planetcheese

planetcheese

Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 5:41 am

Actually, I have read the first book in the New Species series and I loved it! I want to read the rest but I just haven't made it that far.

I looked on GR's at the reviews for the book I'm reading and a lot of them say this first book is awful. But then with book 2, they get much better. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 7:40 am

I read the Terry Spear series and it wasn't bad for what it is....it is a shifter romance series. I think once you know the different shifter packs and more about the interactions and the world it gets better. I thought this series was much better than many of the other shifter romances out there. All the characters become side characters in the next book because each has book has a new couple. Like all series liek this some books are better than others. As a matter of fact I remember not liking the first J R Ward book very much and forcing myself to read it becasue it was so highly recommended. Then when I got hooked on that series I liked the books much better but still some books were way better than others. I found even if I liked the hero or heroine sometimes their book was still meh and other books where I didn't like the main characters as much had so much going on that they were better. Anyway, you may like th series much better...or not...she also has highlander books that aren't bad either. Speaking of highlander, I am currently reading Marti Talbott's series. It is OK. It does suck you in but there are no smexy scenes.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 8:44 am

uap and some of you other highlander gals.
There is going to be a new surprise just for you ladies in the new banner Wink
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 11:04 am

smile
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 8:55 pm

uapeople wrote:
I read the Terry Spear series and it wasn't bad for what it is....it is a shifter romance series. I think once you know the different shifter packs and more about the interactions and the world it gets better. I thought this series was much better than many of the other shifter romances out there. All the characters become side characters in the next book because each has book has a new couple. Like all series liek this some books are better than others. As a matter of fact I remember not liking the first J R Ward book very much and forcing myself to read it becasue it was so highly recommended. Then when I got hooked on that series I liked the books much better but still some books were way better than others. I found even if I liked the hero or heroine sometimes their book was still meh and other books where I didn't like the main characters as much had so much going on that they were better. Anyway, you may like th series much better...or not...she also has highlander books that aren't bad either. Speaking of highlander, I am currently reading Marti Talbott's series. It is OK. It does suck you in but there are no smexy scenes.

I just bought the 3 book bundle of the shifter books a few days ago. They get better as they go?
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 7:34 am

I liked them. Obviously she is not my top author or anything, but they are feel good romances and pretty light and easy to read. I think they get better and I enjoyed them a lot. But again everyone is different.
Back to top Go down
amckuen

amckuen

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 1:31 pm

Just wanted to say that I love the new look it is fresh and looks great! Also I love that it is back to the old way, I really enjoy this site and thanks to everyone who put in all the hard work!!!!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 3:51 pm

Thanks!! G-P is our designer - I'm smitten with the new artwork and color scheme too. heart
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:45 pm

Love the new banner and I wouldn't consider myself a hardcore highlander fangirl either hugs
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 12:46 pm

Love the artwork, but I am going to be a thorn in everyone side...the red/pink on grey hurts my eyes big time...ok I'm ducking now.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 7:38 pm

Not a thorn! Nothing wrong with feedback, uap.

Is there not enough contrast between the pink and the grey? Would darkening the pink or lightening the grey help?

interviewer
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 7:03 am

I can tweak with colors Barb. Is it the artwork or the actual threads when reading and typing that is bothering your eyes? I can fix with no problems . smile

I'm open to any suggestions to BTW !! Wink
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 7:31 am

I think maybe the grey is too dark. Whe typing, it is a little easier to see. I even tried on different PCs/laptops and it is tough on all. Personally, I am a big fan of white/offwhite or a very light color behind text becasue that is the rule at my office when creating sites. That may ruin what you are trying to do with the colors though.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 3:16 pm

Great feedback !!
And not at all. I will work on and see if I can improve it. Thanks for your input Hi
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 5:26 pm

OK how is this? Any better on the eyes flirty
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 8:46 am

better, though now you can't read the "send" and whatever the other button on nthe left of it says while posting.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 8:36 pm

Ok I can work on that too
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 3:15 pm

heart
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 8:06 pm

There is no CH thread now? Are we that pissy with her lol. Reading the grave series don't know where to comment Sad
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 8:59 pm

Um, well, maybe we've been pissy....a bit. angel But we're kinda a pissy group! LOL, I can add a thread for CH.

I haven't read her Grave series. I'm curious what you think of it!

ETA: Done. The CH thread is a bit out of order on our main page....I'll rearrange things later. Wink
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 10:26 pm

Sweet!!! A total bitch thread Rolling Eyes

roflmao
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 6:45 pm

I love Goodreads. On another thread, Dopple mentioned reading Thread of Death and I couldn't remember that one. So I popped over there and sure enough, I never read it. It's so nice to have a site that keeps track of things like that for me. draw u heart

Is anyone here on Goodreads also?
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 4:37 pm

I love goodreads! Without it, I'd never be able to keep track of all my books. Here's my profile:
http://www.goodreads.com/Doppleganger_Suzanne

Last edited by Doppleganger on Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 5:24 pm

I am on goodreads also!
http://www.goodreads.com/starbrites
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 7:28 pm

Me too. I don't know how to do the url lol. I'm on both SB and Dopples freinds lists anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blah! Blah! Blah!
Page 12 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Recommendations...Calendar of Events..Polls & More... :: Blah! Blah! Blah!-
Jump to: