Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kate Sherwood

Go down 
+5
KateS
showmethelove
FaeLadyFaye
2shay
Barbara
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
KateS

Kate Sherwood - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 9:54 am

I'M HERE! Spying and Lurking and Chortling in Delight!

You guys are my favourite readers! You read the stories like I wrote them - all full of tears and angst and desperately wanting Dan to figure things out and be happy.

Seriously, you're all totally inspiring me. I'm not much good at chats, but I'm happy to repay y'all any way you want.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 10:22 am

heart heart Kate...! Waving wildly...! YAY! I read Shying Away and Lost Treasure, too! They were so good! PM Swede and give her all of your contact information....!! Please..? We want to talk to you! ...blushing furiously.....you saw where I said I have a crush, didn't you? OMG.....embarrassed myself.....
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:01 pm

Onto book 2, 30% done at the mo. Loved the end of Dark Horse brought everything together perfectly. No crying yet in this one lol.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 7:56 am

On the case Shay ... happy dance
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 12:44 pm

Yeah Finished Out of the Darkness star and of course loved it!!!
From the beginning it was so emotional with Tat's accident and Dan's reaction was still so.... unnerving. I absolutely loved the progression of the guys relationship although frustrating at times thats what kept it so realistic and engaging. Its very one step forward, two steps back but it still feels right. I thought one of the greatest scenes was when Dan and Evan are in his apt discussing the photo and how perfect their relationship was, and Dan moves it from the night stand to the living room; to show he still loves Justin but is ready to move on just with that little gesture.

The first sex scene was so HAWT!!! drool and of course to see Dan switch gears from when he's in the moment to right after is heartbreaking. And I think its so endearing how he speaks to Justin's picture and hysterical when he talks to puppet Chris!!! Laughing My only complaint is that the ending felt a bit rushed. I guess I just wanted a bit more conversation after Dan finally said to the both of them "I want this". I mean I understand that there was no makeup sex after, considering were supposed to be focused more on other aspects of the relationship not just the hot sex (and yes I'm including myself in their relationship... what would they do w/out me?!?!?!) but I guess just some more affection between them.... if that makes sense? It just kind of jumped from that scene to a few weeks later??

I've finished the first half of the short stories and loved them of course. Justin's story was fantastic and it was great to see how their relationship developed. Dan's was.... rough of course Sad . Will get to the rest of the shorts later this week and I cant wait for there next book!!!!! bounce

Thanks Kate for such a great story and fantastic characters!!! not worthy
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 2:12 pm

Sabby---Nice run through of the story. I adore these guys. Her other books are very good as well.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 5:27 pm

Just a note...we will bumping a new featured author into this slot soon..so all these comments will either be archived, or merged into m/m contemporary thread...but NOT deleted (fingers crossed)
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 5:50 am

Sabby I have finished as well! Just working through the shorts now. I think one of them fills it the blanks from the end of the book. Between Dan going I want this to thanks giving.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 7:43 am

I loved the Thanksgiving story!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 9:18 am

I loved when Evan attacked Dan's turkey and when he began to dream of multiple ovens for his competition.
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 11:17 pm

why!!! WHAT we cant move on yet; we just cant I tell you!!!!! tongue Uuumm since were all getting used to this new set up cant we like cheat since its the first round?!?!?! There so many other KS books I have to get to- Shay what should I read next??

I finished all the shorts and loved them!!! Yup that's the filling I was looking for now I'm happy as a peach in my new relationship with the guys!!! I was shocked but thrilled that Dan finally opened up to Jeff and Evan about his past, I thought it was very well done; discussed in a way that was true to Dan's character. And hello Chris?!?!?!?! omg I mean I kind of saw it coming but it was still fabulous!! See I need to keep going!!! puppy writing

Just kidding guys..... I mean y'all are doing a great job u know I just thought I'd throw it out there.... just in case??? no idea Wink thinking
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:40 am

Shying Away & New Tricks are great, and Trifecta and Home Ice ,everything she writes Sabby smile ...
On the plus side, Kate has agreed to a chat in March !! twirling
(We may find a way to meet your request about not being able to relegate Kate , for a while longer! )
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 8:27 am

Lost Treasure was wonderful, too. I haven't read Trifecta or Home Ice...yet! Looking forward to them!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 8:49 am

I still have Home Ice. I'm frequently reluctant to read all the works of my fave authors. It's like I have to save something for the fabled "hard times."
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 4:13 pm

I wish I could do that, Fae. I just usually read them all. I still have a couple of Kate's to go. I will wait until after ADOW to get the rest.
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:50 pm

Great thanks guys!!! Cant wait for the chat.... I should right down my questions!!!! bounce twirling
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 1:10 am

I have finished all the shorts, I'm going to leave Kate's other books for a bit, I need to catch up on some others. Look forward to a chat, it will be so much fun. I'll get my questions written down, don't think I'll be lurking too much in that chat. Fingers crossed I can make it.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 6:18 pm

is it important to read all the little short stories in this series? I see the 2 main books but there is a bunch of shorts too.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 7:51 pm

Just read them in order Jen. The shorts are really good and just give a bit more insight into the characters and situations touched on in the books. (Don't want to say much more in case of spoilers) Are you going to read this series?
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 8:37 pm

You need to read them, and in order - as listed on opening post of this thread. All the freebies are up at ARe for free... LOL! But I was impatient and bought them at Amazon for 99c ... Long story smile if you can't be stuffed to set up a new account then message me your email and I will forward you them all
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 10:04 pm

What is ARe Swede?

I really would like to read this series GC. I just was not sure if I needed to read the shorts. Everyone keeps saying how awesome it is and I hate to be left out.. smile
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 12:58 am

ARe. (All Romance Ebooks) FREE! http://www.allromanceebooks.com/storeSearch.html
and search for Kate Sherwood - for some reason the link doesn't keep the path to the freebies
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 6:43 am

I guess I was behind on all the different ways to get books. I went and signed up and downloaded all 6 of the short stories! happy dance I have a pretty busy first part of the day today but hopefully by tonight I will be able to start Book 1!

Thanks for the link. I always new there was Amazon and B&N but I had no idea there were other places. Maybe later I will get a chance to browse around the new site. (well, new to me)
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 1:03 pm

Later today I will list more sites, if you like.... There are heaps!!! Fictionwise is a goodie
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 1:35 pm

Yeah there are definitely too many sites to even imagine!! The ones I mostly use aside from B&N and Amazon, are Fictionwise (any codes Swede or Showme) which have great sales, Smashwords and ARe. HAPPY HUNTING!! wine pirate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kate Sherwood
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next