Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kate Sherwood

Go down 
+5
KateS
showmethelove
FaeLadyFaye
2shay
Barbara
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
KateS

Kate Sherwood - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 4:53 pm

Dan. Yeah, damaged and lovable - that sounds about right!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 2:05 pm

star Out Of The Darkness star

75% through. Totally into the story. My eyes hurt from reading. I cried again. From roflmao this time! These guys trying to work out the dynamics of their relationship is just priceless! Touching. When Jeff told them they needed to back off the sex for a while and learn to communicate. He was explaining how beneficial that could be to their relation ship. Evan said...if our balls don't explode first..! roflmao I lost it! Just writing that down made me grin again.

Men are frustrating. I don't care if they are gay or straight, they are still men. I don't know if what I am "seeing" is what Kate intends, but it seems so simple to me. Dan had such a deeply committed, "forever" relationship with Justin. Evan and Jeff have had an "open" relationship that worked for a long time. It stopped being enough when they saw how deeply in love Dan was with Justin even a year after his irreversible injury. Maybe it had stopped being enough before. Evan and Jeff want that. They want an HEA. They want Dan and his ability to find that level of commitment. It's a gift that Dan can bring to them, and they want it all. They both want Dan to love them like that and let that deep bond enfold them all. Even Dan and Chris's friendship is attractive to Jeff and Evan. heart heart
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 6:02 pm

Going to have to bump these up the list.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 6:41 pm

They are excellent. I keep saying this... But all her books are. I loved Shying Away heart
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 6:51 pm

Greencat--I am going to have to say this. I haven't finished all the books, but these books..these stories....they are gaining STATUS for me. At this point, I am going to have to place them at the top of my immense favorites list with stories I just can't elevate high enough, or choose between...Outlander series and Adrien English. I think, in the future, my absolute forever favorites will include the Dark Horse series. Kate, like Josh and Diana, just makes me feel smarter. Her characters have amazing depth. I am just stunned.

Finished. Wow. I don't even know what to say. Swede, Andy, Whit and whoever else was posting about these stories, thank you. I picked up enough little snippets over time to be interested. Then Swede started fooling around with the m/m threads and put KS front and center so I couldn't keep forgetting that I intended to get into this at some point. So.....Thank you all..AGAIN! You have put me onto so many great books and authors over the years. Got me interested in m/m (I think I managed the obsession part on my own..lol) . And now....this one. Beautiful.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 6:53 pm

Finished Out Of The Dark......is what I meant....moving on...
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 7:47 pm

pimp 's I am reading Dark Horse next. Shay amazing high praise and I know you don't do that lightly, Swede you never lost the pimp touch girl.

Sabby you reading with me? How can you resist?
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:03 pm

Shying Away and Trifecta are really good too, you guys!! Really good!
Back to top Go down
KateS

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:04 pm

Damn, I love you guys!

Seriously, I was having trouble getting motivated to write tonight, and then I came here, read some lovely feedback, and I am raring to go! Thanks!

Now, off to torture my characters...

Last edited by KateS on Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:05 pm

I love it when a plan comes together!! This is what book pimping is all about..... Finding the next great author !! And I just love that Kate gives us all these freebies as insider character knowledge. Images as it was , is just great. I love the different POV's. Can. Not. Wait. For book 4. March time I think, I hope!
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:35 pm

GC, hey I think I can be ready to start reading Dark Horse by Monday/Tues; definitely am getting excited about this one with all the chatter. bounce happy dance My hubby is actually the manager of a barn for equestrian horses (mostly); but I have no idea what would be correct behavior or descriptions. I think they're magnificent animals but they scare the shit out of me; my hubby is 6'2 and they make him look tiny Suspect but I do recognize the HAWT factor of anyone who's willing to mount such powerful animals!!! drool Laughing
Keep me posted GC on when ur starting and if you could PM the order of books/shorts that would be greatly appreciated Swede- hugs
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:50 pm

Cool Sabby... And GC just pm me your email address, here or on FB smile
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 9:07 pm

I am so glad that there will be more of you reading this great bunch of stories! I promise you will not be disappointed! I read the group of shorts after Dark Horse and am reading the shorts after Out Of The Darkness. I read On Deck, am reading Into The Light and have Head Shy ready....I can't find The Filly. Where is it hiding?
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 9:16 pm

star Into The Light star

"demented leather turtle"..... roflmao

I may have forgotten to mention.....there are some really, really funny lines and images scattered here and there......
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 9:31 pm

The Filly hasn't been done yet. I think it is out next. btw.... I adore Chris! I loved when he is telling Evan about him and Ryan carrying the chair, and Evan is like " what does that mean? Is it a euphemism ? "
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 9:58 pm

I loved that, too! roflmao And Chris.....Straight Chris! Trying to figure out how to go on a date with a guy is killin' me! roflmao OMG...I need to go to bed! Between reading and checking on my birthday wishes, I just haven't! But I am! Right now. I will have to read the rest of Chris' story tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 1:13 pm

Finished Chris's story early this morning! I am so looking forward to more of Chris and Ryan!!

star Head Shy star

Holy Cr..cr..CRAP!!! If you haven't read the stories already, please don't read further! Stop NOW!!

This story is intense from beginning to end. Dan's struggles with his past. OMG! He doesn't even seem to accept that he was RAPED! I remember from his earlier story that if he didn't admit that he didn't want to, it wouldn't be "that other thing". Oh, man! He couldn't even admit to himself that he was raped. And the anger from Evan when he figured it out. And..and thinking about if that happened to little Tat! And the sex at the end was so intense....so sweet..all about Dan.....the men who love him trying to help him.....Evan says that Justin is his hero......it was sex, and it made me cry, it was so beautiful.

Kate.......so very, very good.....

I am not reading another word today. My heart will be with Dan, Evan and Jeff while I am watching the Championship NFL games that were scheduled especially for my birthday. I should send a thank you card to the commissioner!

Last edited by 2shay on Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 4:04 pm

star I was so happy that Evan went first. I think of the 3 he is my favourite. Although I really love every single one of them , including Ryan and Chris. I still have Lost Treasure and the freebies Lost & Found and Taken to read. And then I'm all outta Kate Sad
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 4:17 pm

I downloaded Shying Away and Lost Treasure right after I finished the guys this morning. I haven't started either but figure I will start Shying Away tonight. I will be in a meeting all day tomorrow. Sigh. But it's important. So, little to no reading tomorrow. That ally screws up my day. Bleh!
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 9:12 pm

Sabby I'm sorry I have started, was going to read slow honest to goodness I was! But, but man I can't put it down! And there some places I do want to take a breath as it's real emotional.

Fantastic story. Love horses, so got me with that one. The intense emotions that this book brings out as well why!!! It has been so long since I have a read a book in the third person that it is takening a bit to get used to it. But I'll get over it I'm sure. cuckoo

Thanks for suggesting guys, this is going to be one of my favourite stories.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 9:24 pm

Shay ... When you are done with Shying Away - which is also AWESOME!!! You must read New Tricks.... Too cute!!
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:42 am

omg say what YOU started without me GC, u just creeped tiptoe ahead with no warning?!?! wtf I cant believe it I thought u were my pal hugs but no u betrayed me poke Owen move it. Fine well I'm starting right now.... alone Sad Gin Blano just know next time I'm gonna, I'm gonna, I'm gonna.......... put u in the naughty box!!!!! dr who
roflmao Laughing just kiddin I def understand getting captured flirty carry on
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 1:49 pm

GC the email keeps bouncing back for some reason. Sorry Sad but all the books are free at Amazon or ARe. Here is the link... http://www.allromanceebooks.com/storeSearch.html?searchBy=author&qString=Kate+Sherwood&searchBy=author&qString=Kate+Sherwood
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 2:07 pm

sabby wrote:
omg say what YOU started without me GC, u just creeped tiptoe ahead with no warning?!?! wtf I cant believe it I thought u were my pal hugs but no u betrayed me poke Owen move it. Fine well I'm starting right now.... alone Sad Gin Blano just know next time I'm gonna, I'm gonna, I'm gonna.......... put u in the naughty box!!!!! dr who
roflmao Laughing just kiddin I def understand getting captured flirty carry on

Damn sabby.. ninja
Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 4:53 pm

Sabby, GC...I bared my heart on these stories. Please keep telling us what you think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kate Sherwood
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next