Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kate Sherwood

Go down 
+5
KateS
showmethelove
FaeLadyFaye
2shay
Barbara
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Barbara

Barbara

Kate Sherwood Empty
PostSubject: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 6:27 pm

Kate's books ...
http://www.katesherwoodbooks.com/

1-Dark Horse
Freebies you can read after Book 1 -
Sometimes You Just Know, Rough Broke, Riding Through Fire.

2-Out of the Darkness
Freebies you can read after Book 2 -
On Deck, Head Shy, Into The Light, The Filly.
3-Of Dark and Bright coming soon

Shying Away
New Tricks

Lost Treasure
Lost & Found (freebie)

Taken (free story from Goodreads m/m Group)
Trifecta
Home Ice
Rode Hard, Put Away Wet (Riding Double Anthology)
Shift coming soon

Last edited by SwedeLover on Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:14 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

Kate Sherwood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 6:29 pm

You will need to stock up on tissues before Dark Horse but it really is an amazing story. One of my absolute favourite reads in 2011
Back to top Go down
2shay

Kate Sherwood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 6:42 pm

Dark Horse will be my next read. Maybe later tonight or tomorrow. Thanks, Swede.

BTW....Ahem....I like this.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

Kate Sherwood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 6:47 pm

Really... Your opinion is valued. I may not do what you say by giving King Josh his own crown room, but I really do listen smile
Back to top Go down
2shay

Kate Sherwood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 8:09 pm

Well.....well......I may actually like having a new author pulled up now and then. Okay. I have Dark Horse. You all said you cried. I hate to cry. If it gets bad, I may have to quit and try something else.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

Kate Sherwood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 8:26 pm

Shay I am so excited about you starting this journey. We are here for you xxx
Back to top Go down
2shay

Kate Sherwood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 7:46 am

star Dark Horse star

Well, at 28% I am truly enjoying the story and haven't needed the tissue box...yet. Dan has just arrived in California. I am loving the horse story. I have never been involved in eventing....barrel racing for me...but I have watched on tv quite a few times. Eventing is an extreme sport. I have seen horses and riders badly hurt a couple of times, especially in the open and olympic events. We use quite a lot of dressage technique in training barrel horses, but that's where the similarity stops. I don't know if the value of these horses is talked about later in the book in a more specific way, but they are sold at staggering prices. I have a friend who's husband did ciropractic work on eventers. He said an entry level trained horse (this was close to twenty years ago) would sell for between 250,000.00 and 500,000.00. That is why so many stables hire trainers and start and train their own young horses. It is actually probable that the Archers would hire a full time trainer. So...the believability of this story is very good for me. A lot of the cowboy books drive me totaly ape shit batty. Number one thing? So many of the cowboys are or have been involved in rodeo in some way. Number one mistake that writers make? After spending almost 40 years going from one rodeo to another, I have never heard anyone...I mean anyone!!!..say that "they were riding the rodeo" or "riding the rodeo circuit". Those aren't phrases we used. Period. We have "been making some shows" or we have "been making a few rodeos" or we have "been on the road". Everyone who needs to know, knows what we meant. The only time I ever heard "ride the rodeo" was a stupid 70's pop song and the even stupider people who picked that phrase up for there. So....anytime you are reading a cowboy book and read one of those nasty, wrong phrases....be sure that you are reading a writer who has very limited knowldge and NO insider knowledge of rodeo. Rant over.
Back to top Go down
2shay

Kate Sherwood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 8:29 am

star Dark Horse star

The writing style was....strange....in the beginning, until I learned that we are reading the pov of a guy who never finished high school. After that realization, I started to really enjoy the style. Plain, but not dumb or anything. Trust me...horse people may or may not have a good education, but none of them are dumb.
Back to top Go down
2shay

Kate Sherwood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 11:00 am

BAWLING MY FUCKIN' EYES OUT! I HATE YOU ALL! BITCHES!

Okay...calming down now.....deep breaths....I need to go outside for a smoke....sigh....damn the break down at the funeral....Jesus...... heart Love you sweet girls.....bitches....
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

Kate Sherwood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 12:55 pm

Wasn't that just horrible? I had to put the book down and just cry.
Back to top Go down
2shay

Kate Sherwood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 1:22 pm

Oh, Fae. That may very well be the single most heartbraking thing I have ever read. Damn. Still have only read a little past that. Is there any more of the bad, bad stuff left to ge? I am almost afraid to get back into it. Crap.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

Kate Sherwood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 1:33 pm

No, it gets better. That was the worst part. And it was the most heartbreaking thing I've ever read either. I can't think about it without crying.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

Kate Sherwood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 1:38 pm

I am so sorry Shay Sad I know it is soooo hard. We all have been down this route. And truly the series is so worth those tears. But still.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

Kate Sherwood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 1:52 pm

[quote="2shay"]BAWLING MY FUCKIN' EYES OUT! I HATE YOU ALL! BITCHES!

Okay...calming down now.....deep breaths....I need to go outside for a smoke....sigh....damn the break down at the funeral....Jesus...... heart Love you sweet girls.....bitches....[/quote+"2shay"]

I said the same things Shay! They made me read it. My face was red and puffy for 2 days. I couldn't make myself stop. Just hearing the name makes me cry Sad Book 2 isn't too bad but it still hurts.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

Kate Sherwood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 2:19 pm

I didn't cry in book 2. I may have had a couple of leaky moments, but it was certainly NOTHING like book 1. I just lost it with Dark Horse. Then I told everyone how awful my friends were for recommending it to me. LOL
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

Kate Sherwood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 3:55 pm

I did cry more in 2 of the short stories. The whole series is pretty intense, but just so brilliant.
Back to top Go down
2shay

Kate Sherwood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 4:50 pm

Wow. This is a terrific story. The big emotional thing....boy that was intense, but I am loving the story. The horses! OMG....I am loving the horses. Please tell me that nothing happens to the horses! Smokey.....I bought a first edition copy of Smokey The Cow Horse with full color panels at an auction. I love horse stories and the stories of the people who love horses. I adore Tat! I WAS Tat, but without all that money.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

Kate Sherwood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 5:00 pm

You will love all of Kate's books. She really is one of my favourites. And the horses are fine smile so what do you think of Evan? And Jeff?
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

Kate Sherwood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 5:06 pm

I love Evan a little more than the others smile
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

Kate Sherwood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 5:11 pm

At first I didn't. Now he is my favourite heart
Back to top Go down
KateS

Kate Sherwood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 5:50 pm

Hey, guys, I got invited to drop in - hope you don't mind.

And hope you forgive me for all the crying! I know I bawled my eyes out when I was writing some of those scenes... like, had to stop typing because I couldn't see the screen. Sorry.

Anyway, I'm glad you're enjoying the story (if crying your eyes out counts as enjoying...). Thanks very much for giving it a chance!

Kate Sherwood
Back to top Go down
KateS

Kate Sherwood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 5:53 pm

Oh, and I forgot to say - the animals are all safe! In one of the stories I'm currently working on, it would have been REALLY dramatic and effective, plot wise, for a dog to die... but I just couldn't do it! People, meh, they'd better watch their step. But don't worry about the animals!
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

Kate Sherwood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 6:03 pm

Thanks for stopping by!!! We love authors doing that <3
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

Kate Sherwood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 6:55 pm

Glad you were crying too Kate. I stll can't read Justin's story Sad
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

Kate Sherwood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 7:02 pm

HI Kate... I am Barb , from Facebook Hi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kate Sherwood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kate Sherwood
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next