SearchHomeMemberlistRegisterLog inFAQ

Share | 

Kate Sherwood

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:40 pm

I'll wait for Sabby to catch up Shay before I say too much. If I could only use one words it would be wow. Sabby kick me I'm sorry, how far have you got?
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:17 am

Swede--Where is Neat Tricks? I can't find it on Amazon.

star Shying Away star

Okay. What is there to say? Another fabulously emotional story. Not quite the power of Dark Horse. But, still. There aren't many with the impact of Dark Horse.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:57 am

Finished part one of Dark Horse, I had to sit in a corner and read it. very sad Half a box of tissues gone. Love/hate thing going on with this book! Shows what a great writer Kate is. I just want to give Dan a hug.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:50 pm

GC--Honey, you took it better than I did! My whole face was swollen!
Back to top Go down
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:18 pm

Me too, Shay. I was a mess. Good thing we just post and don't actually talk about it. My mascara would be everywhere with one conversation about Dark Horse Sad
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:39 pm

No kidding. I don't think I will ever get tired of talking about this story, but I don't know if can ever reread it.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:53 pm

weird... I was so sure I posted the link for New Tricks.. I am pretty certain you can only get it from Dreamspinner Press
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:21 pm

Not a problem, Swede! I can do DP? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
sabby

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:08 pm

Hey guys, GC you're forgiven.... air kiss because now I understand the not being able to stop; I ended up reading til like 3 in the morning.... Sad very sad I just kept on going and than finally forced myself to put it down after reading Part 1. So it was inconvenient because I was visiting family and I was in the spare bedroom trying to cry in relative silence while everybody's sleeping... blowing snots "quietly" Rolling Eyes confused so it was horrible because I couldn't completely break down... but it also made it... bearable??
DARK HORSE star
When I got to about 10% where GC said she already cried; I got to that part and yes it was emotional but I think I just teared. So I was like ok this not so bad. But as the story went on and Justin's parents told Dan there decision;....than as we got to the end of Part 1 with the funeral I was a complete mess I just broke down par in par with Danny!! why!!! it\'s so horrible It was too much definitely too raw and painful.

So, so far I absolutely love everything about the story; I'm actually so inspired with the story that I think I'm going to work with my hubby for a few days to be at the barn and pretend I'm waiting for Dan to walk in any moment... oh and also try and get over my fear!! cuckoo
My only little hang up *ducking head* is I dont understand why he is so adamant of maintaining a professional relationship with the Kaminski's. I mean its not like he already didn't have experience working for and closely with another family. So although I could see why he would be hesitant to get attached he almost made it seem like he doesnt understand how to establish that divide.... just didnt make sense to me. I dont know if I'm being clear uuuumm Im still a little sleep deprived which I'm sure will continue tonight. anyway am loving this story and will be starting part 2 RIGHT NOW!!! be right back

Back to top Go down
Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:08 am

You have speed past me Sabby, I'm about 56% through, on days so only getting in a couple of chapters here and there. The funeral did me in!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:34 am

Sabby--I think Dan's reluctance to bond with another family will clear itself up for you. If not, we can toss around some ideas when you finish.

I was so upset after the funeral that I was pissed off! It's just mean to make a reader cry like that! Mean, nasty Kate! hugs

star Lost Treasure star

Kate did it again. Made me cry. Not the totaly emotional meltdown from Dark Horse, but bad enough. There was snot involved. very sad This is a great story, I haven't quite finished.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:40 am

star Lost Treasure star

Oh, ya'll. This is such a good story. Love lost and love found. Separation. Grief. Renewal. Kate has a great one here. The cry was okay. This story has a wonderful HEA. heart heart heart
Back to top Go down
Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:04 pm

I need to call in sick for the rest of the week so I can catch up! Wink
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:50 pm

Catch up with Kate, then the chat with Ethan, a new Lara Adrien and a new Darynda at the end of the month. Lots of reading....!
Back to top Go down
sabby

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:59 pm

bounce OMG what a fantastic read!!! Definitely will be listed in my faves, there so much to say but i'll hold my tongue until GC finishes. I am so sleepy after 2 back to back nights of no sleep because i was so caught up in the story. Im debating whether to get book 2 now or wait til tomorrow when im back home............ oh eho am i kidding im getting it NOW!!!!! not worthy happy dance
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:18 pm

Sabby, there are a bunch of shorts for after book one. They are listed at the top of page one of this page. I think they are free on All Romance ebooks or about .99 on amazon. They are worth the time, and have a lot of information about the characters. I KNEW you would love it. So emotional.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:16 pm

I'm going to have to pull and all nighter tomorrrow and over the weekend. I probably won't finish till my saturday. I want to know if Dan gives in!! I have to go read soon lol.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:02 am

Keep reading!
Back to top Go down
Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:59 am

Only 20% to go. Sabby are you onto book 2 yet? Love the quick turn around of drama's in this book, poor dan can't seem to get a break. Stupid security men. I hated having to stop reading there. Weekend tomorrow, not stopping me then.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:40 pm

The security issues made me want to cry again.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:45 pm

The security issues were like a shit storm. Just when something was less horrible it all came back again.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:04 pm

Exactly, Fae. Not enough that Dan had just buried his lover and relocated his whole life, now he's worried about losing that, too. Talk about your bad day.
Back to top Go down
sabby

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:16 pm

DARK HORSE star
Yeah the security guys were assholes!! I mean if they were so concerned about him being a safety issue to be as bold as to kick him out of the house that kind of move should of been discussed with Evan first, right?

So when I saw how LONG book 2 is, I had mixed reactions of Joy happy dance because I'd get so much of these guys and than..... trepidation because I began to wonder how much shit could go wrong in that big story and how much crying Kate was going to make me go through very sad . You'll probably catch up to me this weekend GC because although I'm back home its going to be a very busy weekend!! hhhhhmmmm I'm about 30% into book 2 but considering stopping to read the shorts..... scratch no idea
Back to top Go down
Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:40 pm

I enjoyed book 2 more than 1. And I am just a tad excited to get Book 3 in March (fingers crossed) happy dance
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:46 am

heart Book 3 in March? happy dance Can't wait. Any chance of getting Kate in for a chat right after the release? or before? oh hell, I don't care when....I want to talk to her! heart Me thinks me has a little crush... heart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   

Back to top Go down

Kate Sherwood
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next