Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ty and Zane

Go down 
+8
Greencat
b4v
chtrbxx79
sabby
Doppleganger
FaeLadyFaye
showmethelove
2shay
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

Ty and Zane - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ty and Zane   Ty and Zane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 10:19 pm

Wow, sabby, you are FAST! I haven't had much time for reading lately, so I'm even slower than usual.

star Cut and Run star

I'm finally adjusted to the rapid-changing POV, I think. Took me a while! I never got confused about whose POV I was reading because that's always made clear. But man, it switches fast.

I feel like it's dragging a bit - they keep picking arguements with each other that I don't understand and I find hard to follow. I think both Ty and Zane have ADD, their conversations go from playful insults, to tender reasurances, to angry lash-outs, to hurtful flouncing off, then they start over. I wish they'd just fuck more and talk less. They've even talked about how they are better at sex and suck at conversation. They should listen to themselves!

I miss Ty's T-shirts! Please say they come back, those were awesome.
"I'M UNDERCOVER"
"You Have the Right to Remain Silent...SO SHUT UP."
"Schitt Creek Paddling Co."

I want a Paddling Co. shirt, with little criss-cross oars. smile
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Ty and Zane   Ty and Zane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 8:42 am

Cut & Run was the most scattered book for me, Dopp, in terms of conversation.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Ty and Zane   Ty and Zane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 11:09 am

Scattered is a good way to describe it. I've found myself rereading their conversations because the dialogue doesn't flow. And even then, I dont always understand how one statement followed the other.

I loved Zane's excitement over the bookstore, and how.Ty humored him.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Ty and Zane   Ty and Zane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 11:26 am

The second and third books weren't confusing like that. I don't know if it was done deliberately, as Ty and Zane really had no clue what the hell was going on and were either on drugs or injured, or if the authors simply hadn't hit their groove with the characters. Anyway, by Fish & Chips I was fully invested in/obsessed with their relationship.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Ty and Zane   Ty and Zane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 11:32 am

I love Ty's Tshirts too!! Sticks and Stones was the most intense for me. Fish and Chips was my favorite heart
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Ty and Zane   Ty and Zane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 11:57 am

Is Sticks and Stones book 2?
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Ty and Zane   Ty and Zane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 12:07 pm

Yes, Sticks & Stones is 2.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Ty and Zane   Ty and Zane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 6:40 pm

star Cut and Run star

Wow, that car crash scene was intense. Again I thought it got hard to follow - difficult to get through my head how the car was positioned, where the cab was, who was moving and in what direction, etc. When Zane started moving around in the car I gave up trying to figure it all out. Tuned out the action and tuned into the emotional content, which did not disappoint.

What I didn't understand was after all that they went through, after Ty held Zane in the car as the cab was about to kill them, after Zane overdosed to save Ty (never thought I'd read about a heroic overdose, but there ya go), and after they had each spent time nursing each other, WHYWHYWHYWHY did Ty walk away? It all worked out in the end of course, but Damn, I didn't see that coming. There was a lot I was able to see coming, but not Ty walking out at that point in the story.

I really hope Ty's T-shirts come back in Sticks and Stones. I missed them.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Ty and Zane   Ty and Zane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 7:06 pm

I know!!! He just...walked. I wanted to enter the book and kick his ass!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Ty and Zane   Ty and Zane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 7:07 pm

Dopple.....Schitt Creek Paddle Company.....with crossed oars....in the store? Is it patented? Do you think? Need permission of the authors? I would buy more than one.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Ty and Zane   Ty and Zane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 7:26 pm

I doubt I could do the grahics....but I might play around with it. I want one too!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Ty and Zane   Ty and Zane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 7:35 pm

Urban and Roux would probably want one as well.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Ty and Zane   Ty and Zane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 7:47 pm

This will do!
Schitt Creek Paddle Co.

It would be fun to get them both in for a chat!
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Ty and Zane   Ty and Zane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 7:51 pm

Very fun! I like that Tshirt.
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Ty and Zane   Ty and Zane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 5:12 pm

Doppleganger wrote:
Wow, sabby, you are FAST! I haven't had much time for reading lately, so I'm even slower than usual.

star Cut and Run star
I miss Ty's T-shirts! Please say they come back, those were awesome.
"I'M UNDERCOVER"
"You Have the Right to Remain Silent...SO SHUT UP."
"Schitt Creek Paddling Co."

I want a Paddling Co. shirt, with little criss-cross oars. smile

Ironically for the past 2-3 months I've been reading super slow and this was the first series that I kind of sped read thru. Although I had the same issues you and others have mentioned the story was still compelling enough that I needed to know what was going to happen next. The t-shirts are hysterical!! roflmao
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Ty and Zane   Ty and Zane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 5:21 pm

I don't get it scratch You guys aren't in love with Ty and Zane???? How is that possible??
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Ty and Zane   Ty and Zane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 5:37 pm

LOL I meant that as a good thing showme. I loved them so much that I haven't stopped reading I'm already done with S&S and F&C!!! I mean they can be infuriating as hell but I love them all the same!!!

star Sticks and Stones star spoilers

OMG so I definitely was not expecting this kind of story so quickly after last book; of Zane meeting Ty's family. I was surprised a little by both characters a little although for different reasons. I thought Ty's conversations with his brother and how close they were is fantastic and how he's really starting to acknowledge how much he cares for Zane. But I wanted to kick his ass at how submissive he was to his father (what a DICk!!). I mean I could understand growing up with manners and being very respectful but the way both boys just seemed to cower to their father was irritating. I loved that Zane albeit as politely as possible did try and stand up to Daddy Grady. But he was frustrating with his feelings about Ty (I think u mentioned the same thing showme). And granted the way they ended the last book was emotionally charged and traumatizing but for Zane to go back and be so self destructive....... hhhhmmm I dont know. But as others have said its probably because these characters are so flawed and "damaged" that they are so dynamic and intriguing.

The grandpa and the shovel was hysterical!! And the mom whacking Zane on the back of the head a couple of times telling him to be nice was classic!! Laughing I loved how it ended with Ty being so open about his feelings and clearly stating he wanted to be with Zane. But I was upset that all the treasure hunters died because I wanted to get more info on what the hell they were looking for, why were they so ready to kill folks, was it the same treasure the old man told them about??

I'll hold off comments on F&C until Dopple catches up Wink but it was my fave so far!!! in love cant wait till next month!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Ty and Zane   Ty and Zane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 5:41 pm

Ahhh, Divide & Conquer scares me!
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Ty and Zane   Ty and Zane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 5:44 pm

Fish and Chips was my favorite too. Arm Candy Wink roflmao

Me too FLF Sad Sabby she posted a snippet and a play list. The play list is what scared me the most!!!!! The snippet was cute.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Ty and Zane   Ty and Zane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 5:47 pm

Any play list with ending with a Jeff Buckley song can't be good news!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Ty and Zane   Ty and Zane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 8:03 pm

The word "Divide" in the title is scary enough....these guys don't handle separation well!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Ty and Zane   Ty and Zane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 8:10 pm

I thought that too, why!!!
Back to top Go down
chtrbxx79

chtrbxx79

PostSubject: Re: Ty and Zane   Ty and Zane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 11:07 am

This is one of my favorite series. I think its because of the angst and tenderness combined. So many books have mostly one or the other, but not a good balance. I can't wait for D&C! I know they are planning to have around 7 books in the series, so even if they do split up during or at the end of this book, I'm sure they will get back together. I just want to find out more backstory on Zane.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Ty and Zane   Ty and Zane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 11:13 am

I'd like to meet Zane's family when Ty and Zane FINALLY get together as a couple. I'd like to see Ty handle Zane's family and Zane being all pissy.

I agree that this series is very special.
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Ty and Zane   Ty and Zane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 9:48 pm

The hilarious t-shirts are just the icing on the cake. heart heart heart this series!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ty and Zane   Ty and Zane - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ty and Zane
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ARCHIVES-
Jump to: