Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!

Go down 
+12
Starbrites
sabby
shirleyjo
Greencat
kimba
hopsngrapes
Oh Yes
doxielover
FaeLadyFaye
2shay
Dragonlady
uapeople
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
mlssglbrt9

mlssglbrt9

Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 1:21 pm

I have a couple questions about Outlander. I didn't want to read through this thread though because I was scared of spoilers!

1. Does time pass in the 1940's while she's stuck in the 1740's? I mean, is it a parallel universe or when she goes back in time will she start back where she left off?
2. If she changes something, does it have the butterfly effect and change things in the future?
3. Any tips on being able to put this book down? I can't get enough.
4. Can I have my own Jamie?
Back to top Go down
http://evolutionofalifestyle.blogspot.com
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 2:09 pm

Missi.....! Time passes in the 1700's and the 1900's. And, while not specifically talked about...things that she knows from the 1940's effect what happens in the 1740's...would that count? No...you cannot put the book down and you will almost DIE when you reach the end. Post, post, post! We love to hear new readers vent every thought. Where are you now?

If there is a Jamie running around anywhere on this planet, he is scared to DEATH....About 20 million women are looking for him. He's the man that makes other men look.......lacking.....! In soooo many ways.
Back to top Go down
mlssglbrt9

mlssglbrt9

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 4:33 pm

2shay wrote:

If there is a Jamie running around anywhere on this planet, he is scared to DEATH....About 20 million women are looking for him. .

roflmao

I bet he is!!

Right now she is at the castle and is working as the medicine person. When I was reading last night, she had come upon Jamie kissing the girl in the alcove. I think it was Leog(howeveryouspellhername)hare?

I think on my Kindle I am about 18%, so not very far. I melted when they were listening the Gaelic music and Jamie was whispering translation in her ear. in love
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 5:14 pm

Oh boy you got it bad....that is way early to be that infatuated! LOL
You can call her Leghair, we all do here!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 5:27 pm

Yep...no one can spell her name....or wants to.....Leghair! I agree with uap....if you are already that infatuated with Jamie.....he is really going to rock your world! He rocked mine! heart heart heart

uap---I got the new Lord John......barely started....what a day to get busy....eeek!
Back to top Go down
mlssglbrt9

mlssglbrt9

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 5:30 pm

lol @ Leghair! I bet she does have some hairy legs... they didn't have razors for the ladies back then did they?

I have to admit that I got a little jealous when he was smooching someone else!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 5:30 pm

LOL, Mlss!

Leghair is probably the nicest thing we call her around here. I have completely forgotten the spelling for her real name. Ha!

I was thinking that Lord John and the Plague of Zombies was previously published in Hand of Devils. Where did I get that idea from? It's completely new! How long was it uap - can I read it in one evening?
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 5:31 pm

Missi......it was WAY interesting when she fixed Jamie's shoulder. The guys were so upset by her clothes and her language. So funny! But.....but....it could have gotten her into a lot of trouble!

Man....I need to reread. uap? Do we have time to reread....do we want to reread?....before the next Outlander book? What do you think? It is a huge commitment.....I have read it all twice....huge books....
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 5:34 pm

If you guys do a reread, I'll join in when you get to Fiery Cross. reading

OK, I'm getting myself excited about Plague of Zombies now. zombie
Back to top Go down
mlssglbrt9

mlssglbrt9

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 5:51 pm

One of my favorite parts so far was when they were on the horse and he covered her with his cloak thingy. Aaahhh.... I got it bad.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 12:58 pm

Yes, this may be one of the shortest thing she has ever written. yes one night shoudl do it. I am going to read Charlaine Harris' and Patricia Briggs' shorts next. They are also in this book which came out Tuesday.

Have fun reading miss! and you will soon learn all the Scottish names for things and learn what is really under a kilt (snicker)
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 3:32 pm

Missi.....the wedding night! The wedding night! Tell....tell....tell....!! heart
Back to top Go down
mlssglbrt9

mlssglbrt9

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 2:43 pm

The Wedding Night - Outlander.

First, I just will say that I had to read it all twice. It was lovely. It was sweet, funny, endearing, and warm. I laughed so hard at the "audience" they had. I have to admit, though, that I did not expect Claire to just jump Jamie like she did! She was on that hunk of man! Sheesh!! I'll write more later. smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 10:06 pm

Miss, did you have to stop your post to read the wedding night scene again? Wink If so, I don't blame you. So sweet, enduring, innocent and sexy all at the same time. DG gives us more with less (description). IMO heart
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 9:53 am

Missi...... heart heart heart Loved the wedding night! Loved the wedding! Jamie went to so much trouble to make sure Clare had a nice wedding! "Do you mind that I'm not a virgin?"...."Not if you don't mind that I am." OMG.....total flip of the norm! I about freaked! "Where did you learn to kiss like that?"...."I said I was a virgin, not a monk!" Eeeeeee......it has been so long since I read Outlander, but some things just stick with you! heart heart heart
Back to top Go down
mlssglbrt9

mlssglbrt9

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 1:35 pm

Darn! I posted something this morning and I guess I didn't hit send because now it's gone. Sigh...

I did have to go read the wedding scene again! It was just the sweetest thing.

I do have a couple of questions though... Where I am now, she just got captured by Randall after trying to sneak away. I was thinking what the heck is wrong with her wanting to get back to Frank after being with super sexy Jamie!

And, for the questions...
1. Can someone tell me, in detail, what/when/why the "controversial scenes" are between Jamie and Claire? Thanks! PM me if you'd rather.
2. What does Claire do when it's that time of the month? Surely that could get smelly...
3. Speaking of smelly things, how often do they get to bathe?
4. Since Jamie and Claire are humping like rabbits, are they using any form of contraception? What if she gets pregnant?
5. Please tell me that they stay happy and sweet... I don't think my poor little heart could take it if they broke up!

So far I really have enjoyed reading this. I think I am almost half way through. smile Thanks for the pimpin'!
Back to top Go down
doxielover

doxielover

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 2:01 pm

Oh, Miss do you have it bad......not a question. I understand completely. My daughter is reading for the first time, and is barely ahead of you. We just discussed her leaving earlier today. Personally, I'm still struggling with the whole Frank situation, and I'm on my second read.
1) keep reading, you're close to one of those scenes.
2)rags, smelly? Oh, yeah!
3)infrequently
4)Jamie's Catholic...........
5)it's complicated, seriously do you want to know everything?

I have to admit, I've been known to read the end of a book, shame on me! This is without a doubt my favorite series.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 2:17 pm

Is there anyone here that has only read the wedding scene once? roflmao
If any scene begs for a repeat read, its that one. *dreamy sigh*

Miss, you are nearly to the controversial part, and you'll know when you get there.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 3:35 pm

missi....we won't have to tell you! I would have thrown the book across the room...ahhh, but not my kindle! Doxie answered the rest of the questions just fine.....

I will say, though.....a twentieth century woman trapped in the 1700's is not going to have an easy time. As you read, think how you would react.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 4:08 pm

Okay....at 4:07 central time, I pulled Outlander up on my kindle. I am starting my third reading of this series. I will stop for new releases in some of the stories I love but, otherwise, I am going straight through. Again.
Back to top Go down
mlssglbrt9

mlssglbrt9

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 4:15 pm

Oh... oh. I just read it. Am I the only one who thinks she sort of deserved the spanking? I am all for women's lib and stuff, but that's a much different time and he was just trying to keep her safe. I really don't think he would have done it either if it hadn't been for the other men.

Doxie, I never even thought about him being Catholic! As for my last question, please at least tell me if there is a happy ending!

Last edited by mlssglbrt9 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
doxielover

doxielover

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 4:21 pm

It was a different time, that's for sure. I'm reading book 6, and they're still talking about the "spanking". This isn't the end of the controversy, oh no! Lots more to come.... As I said, my daughter(29) read that this morning, and we really had to hash it out. She's finally beginning to understand, and it hasn't deterred her reading, but none the less, lots of discussion. Reading the blogs helped get me through it, because honestly I had a difficult time with that scene.
Back to top Go down
mlssglbrt9

mlssglbrt9

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 4:29 pm

2shay wrote:
Okay....at 4:07 central time, I pulled Outlander up on my kindle. I am starting my third reading of this series. I will stop for new releases in some of the stories I love but, otherwise, I am going straight through. Again.

How many times is this now?

Question about the rest of the books --- are they all centered on Jamie and Claire? (hope so!)
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 4:36 pm

Being for women's lib actually made me feel even more intensely that she deserved the spanking. What would have happened to a man who pulled a dumbass stunt like she did? She got off easy because she is a delicate woman. Stupid people should get the same treatment regardless of gender.
Back to top Go down
doxielover

doxielover

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 4:39 pm

Jamie and Claire are the crux of the series, so far.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!
Page 18 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 31  Next