Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!

Go down 
+12
Starbrites
sabby
shirleyjo
Greencat
kimba
hopsngrapes
Oh Yes
doxielover
FaeLadyFaye
2shay
Dragonlady
uapeople
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
uapeople

uapeople

Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 7:44 pm

Hey twin!!!!
Back to top Go down
autumnleaves

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 8:54 pm

Twin, I am baaaaaack! :-) Love you and Happy New Year!
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 12:41 am

Oh shit there goes the neighborhood!!!! roflmao welcome back chica!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 8:28 am

Love you too. Happy new year back

lol sabby
Back to top Go down
autumnleaves

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 9:40 pm

roflmao @ Sabby
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 9:53 am

OMG OMG major spoilers book 8 http://www.twitlonger.com/show/fkico6 what a doozy of a spoiler from DG's twitter
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 11:47 am

Yep. That's a good one. I saw that on facebook on her daily lines. I love those snippets. So....looks like Willie is going to love Jamie/Mac again. That makes me so happy for Jamie. I hope things go smoothly. heart
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 1:36 pm

Me, too and did you see
star Book 8 star
Jamie get LJ from a cell with the help of my favorite footman? I'm glad to see Tom Byrd back!
And Jenny and Claire buddying up at LJ's house...this is gonna be an awesome book!
and "are you still my wife"

The clips form the short story Virgins is gonna be great also...and how did
star Virgins star
Jamie see an uncircumcised penis and in those two manners? Did he already run into the guy Mary is to marry after BJR? I LOVE that Jamie is mad that the barkeep had an issue with thinking he was Jewish like there was something wrong with that. Our Jamie is so forward thinking and fair at all people...though sometimes it gets him in the arse...Willoughby anyone?
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 9:44 am

OMG- Calire is HILARIOUS in this letter (Book 8 WIMOHB) http://www.twitlonger.com/show/fpt86v
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 11:23 am

I read that this morning! I don't think she like LJ's brother!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 8:00 pm

Just read where Jamie had to grab the snake during Rogers's first service... roflmao
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 7:27 am

LMAO...that was really good one and Jamie's fear of snakes.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 8:02 am

Exactly......having to save Roger's first church service.....that's Jamie, though. Anything for the people he loves.

Just read the part where Claire almost dies...and they cut her hair....bitches. This is why I stopped reading ABOSAA for a while. I know all the bad stuff was about to happen. I HATE what happens on Fraser's Ridge starting about now. I HATE some of these people. If I could crawl through the pages, I would give them all a lesson in being at least a little grateful to the people who gave them a home...a place to belong....a chance......ugh.....save it, Shay.....it's just beginning...

I FUCKIN' HATE MALVA CHRISTI...!!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 3:35 pm

You know I don't hate her like I did/do Leghair/Legho/LegBitch/etc. I hated what Geneva did and that she was so emotionally abused that she didn't even know how to stand up and do the right thing until it was too late (though she never shoudl have done what she did- though when you are abused nad scared it is amazing how people can steer you into doing things against your nature and conscience). I guess the fact that she's dead the that her brother and father are asses, I forgive her a bit. And she really did love Claire and did appreciate them. Le'whore is a grizzler like Jenny coined her and I just hate her rich biotch type of everyone shall bow at my feet and I come first 99.9% of the time type if attitude. I hate the squaws too, but I no longer hate Geneva. I get Geneva's position and her poor outlook of a marriage, plus she gave us Willie and lost her life...trying to find a night of happiness of her choosing (plus I think part of her wanted to deflower herself for spite) before her crappy and lonely life she would have had had that jerk Lord lived a while.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 9:33 am

I agree with most of what you said. I still just think the squaws were funny. I never hated Geneva even though she was spoiled. Same circumstances? Any young woman might have been tempted. Malva...? I still hate her. She was hateful and damn near destroyed Claire and Jamie. Caused so much trouble for purely selfish reasons. She did more harm than Leghair or Geneva ever did. At least Jamie and Claire got Marsali from Leghair, and she became as much, or more, a daughter to Claire than Leghair. Jamie got Willie from Geneva. Malva left nothing but destruction. Maybe it was as much Allan's fault, but Malva could have gone to Jamie or Claire at any time to tell the truth without telling Allan her plan. She was trying to manipulate him, too, I think.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 3:54 pm

Yeah, but I see her as misguided and abused. Yes, supposedly Leghair was abused, but when we first meet her she is alcoving with men including our Jamie, and being caught for it. She leaves an ill wish, tries to lure Jamie away from his new wife and tries to get her killed as a witch. She wasn't abused yet and she never losing this selfserving attitude throughout the series. Malva was essentially being raped by her abusive brother and had a bible crazy stern father. She wasn't gonna run to him. I think she was absolutely wrong but also a lost soul. I pity her which is why I hate Leghair more (plus she is dead from too late trying to fix her mess and paying the price with her and her unborn's lives). But damage she did which is still not undone. The ridge will not be very welcoming for the Frasers for some time.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 4:00 pm

BTW did you see the recent Book 8 snippet and who Claire sees on the street? I wonder if she will try to fix what she knows will happen and ultimately make it happen or leave it alone.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 1:23 pm

Started Fiery Cross last night!

star Fiery Cross star

Didn't get very far, but already we have a ghost, baby mayhem, Lizzies first period, Jamie keeps inviting people to breakfast oblivious to limited foods supplies, and theres an inquiry into a riot. All this, and they haven't had their coffee yet!
Lots of omens too - white vs. black horse, the raven, rain/fog on a wedding day, etc.

King of Ireland! roflmao

Needless to say, it's off to a good start. I see a lot of bad reviews and have heard it's slow, so we'll aee how it goes. I think I'm going to love it though.

I might be getting Lizzie's name wrong....don't have the book with me and it's been a while since I read Drums.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 2:17 pm

Fiery Cross was the hardest of them for me to read. I think just because it's more day to day stuff. There still is alot of stuff going on but it seemed to take some time.

Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 10:10 pm

I am normally bored to tears by the day to day stuff, but when Gabaldon writes it I find it fascinating.
This is a loooong book though! I might have to break it up with a few crazy short stories or something.
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 12:04 am

Yeah I had to take a break after FC, I made the mistake of getting it in audiobook. Dont get me wrong the narrarator is great but it just took that much longer; it was like 85 hours or something and I just couldn't find the time to listen took me like 4 months!!!! And prior to that I was reading a book in a little over a week.
The day to day stuff was slow but I did find it interesting. Please keep me posted when you start ABOSAA because that would be great to read with someone since they say its so emotional....... uummm but take your time!!! I've got a huge TBR read right now pile Wink
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 7:58 am

My Kindle crapped out on me yesterday -- I guess it partially downloaded an update and was doing all kinds of wonky things. I got it taken care of, but by the time I was done fussing with it I was in no mood to read. So I have nothing to report today about the goings-on in Gabaldonland. Sad

I *hate* fussing with software. Mad

It will take me a while to get to ABOSAA too. When I'm done with Fiery Cross I'll probably pick up a couple short(er) books to fill in the gap!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 10:47 am

FC was definitely more day to day and when you are trying to get to the bottom of things the 1st time sometimes it seems to drag, but guaranteed on future reads it is amazing and fascinating and you miss lots of foreshadowing and hints the 1st time. I love FC now. Not my favorite of the series but I do really love it.

King of Scotland...LMAO...I do wonder if any of these dreams thing are supposed to mean anything because remember - I think it was Geilis who has said something about the Fraser line becoming king or something? I am now thinking since they are in America right before the revolution if the prophesy is translated a little off and maybe they might mean president or cabinet or politicians or something? See how later reads or thinking from a afar can inspire things?

I do remember the ravens and birds a lot around that time. I just never got the meaning. Maybe you will and will enlighten us.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 12:42 pm

Fiery Cross was tough the first time. Rereading, it still isn't my favorite but I find it fascinating. I like to have NEVER go through ABOSAA this time around. So damn much stuff happens and I just had to force myself to read it again. I stopped for a good long while....read losts of other stuff...., then started back up. I am now about 25% into Echo. The bits about Willie are working for me! YAY!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 6:15 pm

OK, I'm getting what you guys say about Fiery Cross being slow. I'm at 17% and I'm already starting to skim parts. Sad This does seem to be a shift from Gabaldon's style in the previous books. This is the first time that she's gone into quite this much detail about the day-to-day tedium. Things like handling periods and changing diapers were mentioned before, but not exactly shown like we have here. I am still enjoying it, it's fantastic writing and storytelling. Just not as well paced as the previous books.

star Fiery Cross star

I LOVED the clandestine baptism. OMG, Germaine! "Horse piss!" Little Germain is now my favorite character. And the wedding! It turned out lovely, but I can just imagine all the men with their goofy big-toothed grins. Shame they didn't have cameras.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 24 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!
Page 24 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27 ... 31  Next