Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Name your Literary Poison ....

Go down 
+18
Starbrites
Mochabookluver
calimama
lornadune
Greencat
hmashburn
caligrl
sabby
gracious-plenty
Dragonlady
b4v
hopsngrapes
planetcheese
Doppleganger
2shay
uapeople
FaeLadyFaye
showmethelove
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 11:14 am

I bought it before the sale. Mad
Been stuck in Monkland and PetiteMortia, but plan to read it when I get through those.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 9:09 am

Just to add....I really, really liked Supernova. If you got the bargain price, good for you. If you didn't? Don't fret. It's worth full price. CL tells a great story.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 10:43 am

I finished Supernova by Cl Parker and I LOVED IT!!!!

The characters are just so engaging. Dominic is just delish you guys. I liked the simplicity of the story. It has a very unique plotline as well.
Gabe for obvious reasons has got to be one of my new favorite characters ever!!
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 8:42 am

Is anyone interested in doing a Secret Santa-type holiday gift exchange? You'd have to be willing to pay for international shipping, of course, but we can limit the price of the gifts.
If there's enough interest, i'll set something up.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 10:55 am

I love that idea Dopp!!

Although I've already cheated a little because I have a few little items for some folks. smile
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 8:49 pm

I'm in for Secret Santa!

Anyone else reading HEART OF STEAL by Meljean Brooks? I'm kind of giddy about it! I love this world and MB can write some steam! drool (I still want the steamy panties smiley)
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 9:53 pm

I would love to do it. Secret Santa sounds like fun!

I've never heard of Meljean Brooks. Good books???
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 10:02 pm

Meljean Brooks writes The Guardian series and The Iron Seas series. I've only read the first of the Guardian series and it was okay. However, I LOVED the IRON DUKE! 1st book in the Iron Seas series. Second book came out Tuesday, Heart of Steel. It's steampunk romance and the world she created is fascinating to me! cheers
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 10:06 pm

IRON DUKE is the only steampunk book I've read and liked.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 12:24 am

I'll probably get slapped for asking this question but what is Steampunk? smile
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 12:39 am

that gets asked a lot Starbrites. I can't describe it. Have you ever seen League of Extraordinary Gentleman? That world reminds me of Steampunk. Check out this link for a better answer lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steampunk
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 6:44 am

The best description of steampunk I've heard is 'Victorian industrial'.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 4:19 pm

great idea! I wonder if we can set it up as wish lists for kindle somehow?
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 4:55 pm

Are you talking about the Secret Santa? Book wish lists would be handy - if I get matched with somebody outside the US, I want to know which books they can't get locally so I can send those!

Hopefully you got the newsletter g-p sent today, but I'll put it here too. If you want to participate, just PM your mailing address to me or gracious-plenty (by 11/18!). We'll send out everyone's matches on the weekend of 11/19-11/20.
If there's a book or two on your wish list, include those with your PM and I'll pass them on to your Secret Santa! You might include an email addy and remind us if you have a Nook or Kindle.

This is going to be so much fun!!! happy dance
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 6:33 pm

Wait a minute. We get newsletters?

I've been wanting to ask someone too how do I change my email address here at PURLS? I've tried a million times but I can't figure it out.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 6:40 pm

You should be able to change it via your profile. If it doesn't then I will go and fix that feature this evening.
Hey Dopp I'm thinking let's make a secret santa thread with all the details too.
Starbrites bring up a good point about email addys. If someone registered with an email but no longer has it, then the newsletter didn't reach them
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 7:17 pm

I'll check it out.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 7:40 pm

Hmmm....i couldn't figure out how to change my email either.
Mod fail!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 7:50 pm

Ok I fixed that email issue.

check your email You guys should be able to change your email now check your email
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:11 pm

Yay! I have changed my email address!! smile
Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 1:51 am

Showme, Are you reading Heart of Steal? How is it?
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 2:42 pm

twirling I wanna do Secret Santa!!!! YAY!! twirling
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 2:46 pm

very happy YAYEEEE Shay very happy

I will add you. Just PM me your info
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 6:17 pm

calimama wrote:
Showme, Are you reading Heart of Steal? How is it?

I'll start it tonight Cali. I've heard the action is great. I'll let you know hugs
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 7:51 am

I have been reading the Hallows insider. There are some very cute things in it so far and lots of Trent memos that I look forward, but so far nothing knocking my socks off or even making it a worthy purchase. Have not found out anything really knew. I'm about halfway through.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 26 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Name your Literary Poison ....
Page 26 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next