Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Name your Literary Poison ....

Go down 
+18
Starbrites
Mochabookluver
calimama
lornadune
Greencat
hmashburn
caligrl
sabby
gracious-plenty
Dragonlady
b4v
hopsngrapes
planetcheese
Doppleganger
2shay
uapeople
FaeLadyFaye
showmethelove
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
AuthorMessage
uapeople

uapeople

Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 7:59 am

It is written from the POV of the journalist that lost his hair in the 1st book due to a misfired spell. It is his findings and research so it is cute from this POV. He has a listing of Jenk's kids that he knows and how many times he yelled at each that day. Then there is a list of Jenk's insults like Tink's a Disney whore, etc. He has Rachel's memo about Interlanders and things like that.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 7:20 pm

Finally got to reading my favorite musician's book (besides my other favorite Todd Sucherman)...Butch Walker ("Drinking With Strangers: Music lessons from a teenage Bullet Belt"). So far it is very snarky, very funny, highly intelligent (though he tries to hide how deep he is with his humor), and it reveals a lot of his childhood (even things most wouldn't want to ever admit to even their diary). It also tells a lot about the music business and some musicians and jerks in it. Also now I get where some songs came from and how true many of them are. I am only like 1/10 through it. So far I would recommend it to people who haven't even heard his music. It is definitely a fun read.

It is worth a pimp it after all he did for my hubby with posting a blog on him, checking on me, reading my PMs to the band on the bus and hugging me with the most soulful hug I have ever had (I had to break away and rush him because I almost lost it completely) and signing a book to Paul and kissing it before giving it to me.

"Paul,
you are a shining star....
heart to you
brother.
~Butch Walker"
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 7:34 pm

Butch Walker sounds like one hell of a great guy. Thanks for pimping his book!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 7:50 pm

welcome ...my pleasure not worthy
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 9:48 pm

uapeople wrote:
Then there is a list of Jenk's insults like Tink's a Disney whore, etc..

Damn it would be worth it just for these to me roflmao
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 10:01 pm

I just think all that stuff would be great for the writers site. It doesn't interest me enough to buy it. Everytime my girls and I watch Tinkerbell I think of Jinks bashing her! She's so cute!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 10:03 pm

Good point Whit. I love surfing their individual sites, and it's good marketing on their part.
Jenks has a special place in my heart
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 1:33 pm

Who has read Blood Hunt? I am nearly done. It is long. I have been reading for days! And....it's really, really good. Emotional. CWB can really write a story. Two's world is just so very different. And interesting.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 2:01 pm

Ooh, ooh, I read it! I read it!

I loved it too. Ive been dying to chat about it.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 2:14 pm

Dopple---I just finished it! Wow....this was so good. This is a great story. Sad. Happy. Loonnng.
Tell me what you thought.
Back to top Go down
caligrl

caligrl

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 2:22 pm

I was just about to start Blood Hunt. Glad to hear it's a good one smile
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 3:27 pm

Cali--I thought it had kind of a slow start. But when it picked up? Wow....I just love CB. He writes a really captivating story.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 5:07 pm

Finished HEART OF STEEL. It wasn't as good as IRON DUKE IMO. Yasmeen and Fox were fun and exciting but their chemistry didn't build and climax Wink like Mina and the Iron Duke. The story was just as good and the world is truly fascinating. The bionic woman with mechanical flesh was cool. Good stuff!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 8:34 am

Mechanical flesh.....i can't wrap my head around that.
Either I need more coffee or I need to read the book!
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 9:49 am

It grows!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 10:24 am

You sure this growing flesh was on a woman?
roflmao
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 10:39 am

This really begs for raunchy comments.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 10:40 am

It was on a horse too Wink
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 11:21 pm

I have been reading a vampire book and though i'm not done with it yet I have to pimp it. I'll spare you all a description of the book in my own words cause you'll just end up confused. smile the book is very pimp worthy and i'll definitely be reading the other ones in the series.

Samson's Lovely Mortal (Scanguards Vampires #1) by Tina Folsom
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 6:15 pm

showmethelove wrote:
It was on a horse too Wink

Dare I ask what part of the horse required mechanical growing flesh and what that was used for?

Starbrites, I added your pimpage to my tbr - I read the goodreads reviews and it sounds really good. And wonderfully naughty!
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 6:50 pm

He put a piece on his horse robot and it grew and covered it like real flesh. It's pretty cool IMO
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 3:58 pm

I just read Z.A. Maxfield's Christmas story, A Picture Perfect Holiday. This is maybe the sweetest story I have ever read! If you have a few minutes, read this one. It is so very sweet. heart heart
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 4:41 pm

I loved Picture Perfect Christmas too. heart

I picked up Christmasing with You also. It's a tremendous tear jerker! I loved the story, even though it made me bawl. The dialogue was forced and unnatural, which bugged me enough that I'm not rushing to buy any of Neale's other books. But his story is incredibly emotional and touching. I'd still recommend it.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 2:00 pm

Has anyone read Jennifer Asley's Shifters Unbound series? I am almost through all the available books. Kind of different shifter world. Not realy different, but a little. Interesting. Actually, I have just devoured them. Only 2 books, 1 novella and one short story with another book due in January. I read one of her romances a good, long while ago, The Maddness of Lord Ian MacKensie. I loved it and was looking around for the rest of that series when I stumbled onto her shifter series. Pretty good. So, after I finish this, I will probably go back to her romance....18th century romances, I think. I don't remember the exact time period of Lord Ian.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 8:03 pm

Read picture perfect Christmas. Awwww!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 27 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Name your Literary Poison ....
Page 27 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next