Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Name your Literary Poison ....

Go down 
+9
ferdy
calimama
Starbrites
uapeople
showmethelove
sabby
2shay
Doppleganger
gracious-plenty
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

Name your Literary Poison .... Empty
PostSubject: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 2:07 pm

With so many fantastic books out there it's nice to be able to make recommendations to fellow members. Doppleganger

So....who would you recommend??? FLF

The older thread for this topic has been achived & locked; however it's still viewable.
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 11:46 am

I'm reading Nightshade by Andrea Cremer. It's a YA werewolf book I'm reading for my book club.

So far, so good except one of the main characters is named 'Shay'. Short for Seamus and he's one of the heroine's love interests. This is so screwing with my head!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 12:01 pm

roflmao

I can see that Dopp
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 12:31 pm

Gulp! How badly am I being comprimised? Would I like it?
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 1:13 pm

Shay is quite the rascal....steals kisses and has a mysterious tattoo.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 1:26 pm

Hmmmm, mysterious tattoo you say? Laughing
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 2:32 pm

I LOVE TATTOOS!!!! drool am a total sucker for them!!!

I was undecided about what to read next but.... I think I'll go for Darynda Jones looks like I'm one of the only ones left who hasn't read her yet and there are not too many phewwwww I have the first book by any chance does is the second book lendable by anybody?? pray
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 6:08 pm

excited reyes reyes excited
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 6:39 pm

Sabby...yes, yes, yes to Darynda!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:41 pm

For the Kindle, First Grave is lendable but Second Grave is not.

You won't regret the purchase though. It's soooo good.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 11:13 pm

They are worth buying Sabby.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 10:45 am

heart reyes heart
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 9:58 pm

OK sounds good but that means I'm purchasing the book I hate paying more than $8 for an ebook!!!! Mad Hardcover is pretty cheap!!! bounce I've had the first book just sitting there for months now..... oooopppss. I know y'all have said its very funny so I expect to be roflmao a lot!!! Twisted Evil Wink ooohhh and I get to use a new smilie reyes hhhhhmmmm now to be properly used??? oh that reminds me GP u owe me a deviant smilie.... i mean devious Laughing
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 11:15 pm

On it Sabby. My boss will be out tomorrow so I can look more tomorrow for that perfect smiley Wink
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 3:48 pm

Sweet Release and Carnal Gift by Pamela Claire are on sale at Amazon for 2.99 each. These are wonderful historical romances. I have read everything she's written and haven't been disappointed once. Of course, I love historical romance.....These are winners. heart
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 3:52 pm

Preview for Sweet Release....loved this book... heart

For five pounds sterling, the convict was hers. Though Cassie hated the slave trade, her Virginia plantation demanded the labor, and she knew this fevered man would surely die if she left him. But as his wounds healed, and as his muscled chest bronzed from the sun, Cassie realized Cole Braden was far more dangerous than his papers had indicated--for he could steal her breath with a glance, or lay siege to her senses with a touch.

Abducted, beaten, and given a new name, Alec Kenleigh went from master of an English shipbuilding empire to fourteen years of indentured servitude in the American colonies. There, he was known as Cole Braden, a convicted ravisher and defiler of women. While he longed to ravish the auburn-haired beauty who owned him, he knew his one hope of earning her love--and his freedom--was to prove his true identity. Only then could he turn the tables and obtain his ... Sweet Release.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 7:31 am

I trust your taste so I'm buying now. Thanks. I have so many in my tbr folder on my kindle. Just started Third Grave (Darynda) yesterday. Love the freaking quirky funny sarcastic humor. Need to remember some so I can blurt the stuff out and seem witty myself. Then once done with that I will start the book club pick Discovery of Witches.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 7:55 am

ohh.....uap.....you have some really fine reading ahead.....
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 5:30 pm

Need some opinions here.. I love Horror Movies and I want to read a good Horror book. Does anyone know any? I want to be scared! smile
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 6:06 pm

You guys missed the Daryinda Jones book club at FrostFans.com forum. Daryinda's interview questions were interspersed within. Good Q&A.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 6:07 pm

starbrights....hmmmm not sure....maybe some Edgar Allan Poe?
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 8:39 pm

Hmmm, the only horror book I've read in a long time is The Strain by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan.
I gave it 4 stars on goodreads because it was well written and had an exceptionally well researched aircraft scene at the start. (Occupational hazard...I notice these things.)
The Strain reads like it was written with a movie screenplay in mind, which can either be fun or annoying depending on your POV. I'd consider it more creepy than scary.

There was no way I could have worked in Darynda's book club at frostfans today. Sad Engard always has such fantastic discussion questions, too. I'll bet it was fun!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 9:49 pm

It was. As always the pages are there to reflect upon.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 2:23 pm

Ok, finally started the newest Keri Arthur Risa book. I totally forgot the events of the last one (the 1st Risa book). UGH! Hopefully there will be some camos again from Riley, Rhoan, etc and esp QUINN the hunky vamp!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 6:25 pm

Oh damn, I forgot about #2 KA book.
Thanks Barb. I think I remember the first one. Lol
Dang I have so many books to get caught up on . fainting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Name your Literary Poison ....
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next