Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Name your Literary Poison ....

Go down 
+18
Starbrites
Mochabookluver
calimama
lornadune
Greencat
hmashburn
caligrl
sabby
gracious-plenty
Dragonlady
b4v
hopsngrapes
planetcheese
Doppleganger
2shay
uapeople
FaeLadyFaye
showmethelove
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage

Name your Literary Poison .... Empty
PostSubject: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 1:16 am

Every now and then we will collate all the recommendations here into one list, so the thread doesnt become too big. All the Outlander posts that were here are now gone ..... sorry Sad
But I figure you wont mind repeating your love of the series again, and again, . . . and again - once the Outlander thread is up and running!
So this is the list we are pimping at present (those that already have their own author threads are not included) :

Gwen Hunter - RAPID DESCENT
Shannon Delaney - 13 TO LIFE
Jeri Smith-Ready - SHADE
Gena Showalter - LORDS OF THE UNDERWORLD
Jennifer Estep - VENOM, WEB OF LIES, SPIDERS BITE
Maggie Stiefvater - LAMENT, BALLAD
Rachel Caine - OUTCAST, WEATHER WARDEN, MORGANVILLE VAMP series
Melissa Marr - WICKED LOVELY series
Kressley Cole - IMMORTALS AFTER DARK series
Darynda Jones - FIRST GRAVE ON THE RIGHT
Deborah Harkness - A DISCOVERY OF WITCHES
Lilith Saintcrow - DANTE VALENTINE and JANE KISMET

SwedeLover, gracious-plenty and the mod squad Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 6:11 am

A couple of series I am very excited to hit are the PsyChangeling one by Nalini Singh; and Downside Ghosts by Stacia Kane. Oh and the Dark Hunter series, and Midnight Breed! Has anybody read the LA Banks books? Either the vamp or the were one?.... Did I really say 'couple'?
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 11:10 am

I read and promptly quit LA Banks vampire books. I forced myself to read the first one and gave the second one 100 pages. I haven't read her other series. The other three I would recommend reading.

Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 11:15 am

I haven't encountered a lot of people who have read the LA Banks series, and I think that speaks for itself. Midnight Breed is pretty good.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 3:13 pm

I just realized that this Tuesday will be a busy one as well for me...

River Marked - Patricia Briggs (Mercy Thompson #6)
Late Eclipses - Seanan McGuire (October Daye #4)

And there are other I don't read....YET
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 3:15 pm

Oooh and 3/29 also...

Lover Unleashed - J R Ward (BDB #9) Payne's story with lots of Blay/Quinn interaction I hear
Vampire Mine - Kerrelyn Sparks (Love at Stake #10) ...Connor's story

Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 4:40 pm

I was thinking I never did pimp Meljean Brook's IRON DUKE. I loved this book and am looking forward to the next one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 7:04 pm

well worth pimping i also loved - had never even wanted to try steam punk til you suggested this one!
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 7:25 pm

Glad I could finally return the favor. You've pimped plenty to me :D
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 5:19 pm

Midnight Breed is a GREAT series! If you haven't read them already, give them a try.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 7:05 pm

they have been calling from my book shelf for over year, but they have been outshouted by others.
and no FaeLadyFaye all the shouting still has no effect on the thighs Wink
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 7:18 pm

Swede--Midnight Breed will remind you a bit of BDB. By the second or third book, they take on a character of their own. Very, very good. In no way should you even think of moving them ahead of Outlander. There is nothing to compare Outlander to.......being incomparible. ☀
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 7:36 pm

I do like the Midnight Breed books, when does the next one come out?

I can't believe I haven't pimped Gail Carriger's Parasol Protectorate books. Funny, clever, and steampunky. They have romance, but nothing explicit.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 7:50 pm

The next Midnight Breed book is due in June.

I read part of the first Parasol Protectorate book and couldn't stop comparing them in my head to another series. I just gave up despite the fact it was a good book. The world building was good too.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 9:32 pm

What series were you comparing it to?
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 9:39 pm

The Amelia Peabody mysteries by Elizabeth Peters, which are quite good actually. Not at all paranormal.
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 11:25 am

SwedeLover wrote:
Has anybody read the LA Banks books? Either the vamp or the were one?

Swede, I read the first two of her vamp books and honestly, they were the worst books that I have ever read.

I'm sure some people like them but I am not one of them. I think I would rather read the dictionary then read any more of that series.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 6:40 am

About to start Seanan McGuire's 4th October Daye book and hopefully there will be a lot of the very hawt King of Cats (and hopefully he won't date her fetch)!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 7:55 pm

Have any of you read anything by Joe Hill? I ran across a book today on my amazon recommendations called Horns. I read the previews. It is about a guy, Ignacious (Ig) who wakes up from a wicked night on the town with an equally wicked hangover and a nice pair of horns. Apparently the horns have given him the ability to make people tell him the truth. According to the reviews the results are hilarious!! So, I downloaded it for kicks. While looking over the rest of the reviews, a bomb dropped on my head. This guy is Stephen King's son. So, in case anyone is interested, I will post my opinion later.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 7:58 pm

I'd be interested in your opinion on that. Thanks, 2shay.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 8:02 pm

Sounds interesting shay, let us know what it's like.

I've read Joey W. Hill, and her books are certainly horny. But not in the same way.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 8:30 pm

bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 2:18 am

I have started reading Adrien-with-an-e English, by Josh Lanyon ..... Cannot think who set me on this path Wink anyway I am enjoying it - is it wrong to hope that Adrien goes to Ball and Chain to check on Riordan??
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 7:20 am

He'd have a heart attack, or Jake would kill him, or both.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 11:16 am

O, anyone else what to chat some Tybalt when I finish???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Name your Literary Poison ....
Page 1 of 28Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 28  Next