Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Name your Literary Poison ....

Go down 
+18
Starbrites
Mochabookluver
calimama
lornadune
Greencat
hmashburn
caligrl
sabby
gracious-plenty
Dragonlady
b4v
hopsngrapes
planetcheese
Doppleganger
2shay
uapeople
FaeLadyFaye
showmethelove
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
b4v

b4v

Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 6:23 am

"In Sunshine and In Shadow" is my favourite short story and I really loved "Don't look Back", my fave so far of Josh's stand alones.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 8:40 am

Swede....wow. You are going to wind up with more Josh reads than I have. I have read all the series, the stand alones and shorts. I have read one of the collaborations. I still have more to go. Right now I am .....slowly.....reading Cut and Run....finished the series. There is a 4th book coming sometime. I love this serie. I think I will read the rest of Madeleine and Abigale's books. I like their style.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 7:38 am

Just wanted to say I miss you all but I will be taking a sabbatical due to the unexpected passing of my soul mate and husband Paul. Jamie Fraser(Diana Gabaldon) said it best... something to Claire about Claire have to live her life like with her heart from her chest. Anyway, I'll be back when I can. Love you all.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 8:33 am

Thank you for stopping by uap. We love and miss you too.

Please do whatever you have to do to take care of yourself. ((Hugs))
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 8:46 am

uap---{{{hugs}}} Do what you have to do. We will be here. Love you.
Back to top Go down
DEW

DEW

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 10:44 am

Uapeeps ---

So very sorry for your loss..... love, hugs, and prayers for you and yours.

Our hearts go out to you. We'll miss you, but you know where to find us when you are ready to come back or should you need us. {{{ hugs }}}
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 6:40 am

{{hugs}} uap. You know we are here for you whenever you need us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 2:35 am

pimp Harper Fox - Last Line coffee Consider it well and truly pimp ed!!
Incredible!!!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 3:51 pm

thank you everyone for the love and support. It is so hard. I feel like I know every one of you personally from your posts and opinions and I feel like your are all a warm blanket trying to comfort me. Thank you. You know it's bad when I got emails that I was delivered 4 new releases on my kindle and I could care less. Love you all and I will try to check in every now and then. And you Diana Gabaldon and Jeaniene Frost fans, there are threads there, too for me with the author's support on both. I feel the love from everyone. here are some links that some people posted for Paul

Fb event - https://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=163827603681861
Paul's Fb page https://www.facebook.com/#!/uamofo
Butch Walker (one of Paul;s favorite musicans/producers) http://butchwalker.com/post/5821835975/our-good-friend-and-biggest-fan-paul-kuznetz
Newsday article (big paper in NY) http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/the-knicks-fix-1.812055/farewell-to-a-fellow-fixer-1.2901937 or this link http://mobile.newsday.com/inf/infomo;JSESSIONID=CC49FDC98D347673758E.3089?site=newsday&view=sports_blogs_item&feed%3Aa=newsday_5min&feed%3Ac=sports_blogs&feed%3Ai=1.2901937&nopaging=1
NYFS http://www.nyfuturestars.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34969
Pro Sports Daily http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621734
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 11:40 am

I keep forgetting. My brain is not all here due to everything, but Melissa Marr's YA fae series is going movie or Tv (I forget which). Interesting
Back to top Go down
mlssglbrt9

mlssglbrt9

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 2:23 pm

I wasn't sure where to post this, but Trina Lee's Once Bitten is 0.99 on Kindle today only!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004YTT2VG/ref=docs-os-doi_0
Back to top Go down
http://evolutionofalifestyle.blogspot.com
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 11:23 pm

Uapeople, I haven't been on the boards for awhile and I just read your post. I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 5:50 pm

Thank you calimama.

I still haven't finished the 1st YA book by Kim Harrison. About half way now. Too emotionally drained.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 8:28 pm

I just saw they are offering the first 3 Gail Carriger The Parasol Protectorate series for ebooks for a $10 bundle. They offer for Kindle or Nook. Just an FYI!! It's on my TBR.

http://www.orbitebooks.com/2011/07/the-parasol-protectorate-books-1-3-for-just-9-99/

Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 8:33 pm

I'm reading Book 4 of the Parasol Protectorate, Heartless, right now.

And it's fabulous. Carriger's writing is incredibly witty. Carriger has found the perfect addition to werewolves, vampires, ghosts, and preternatural in her books: Zombie Porcupines! It doesn't get much better than that.
Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 12:36 am

I just started First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones. (28% of the way through)

Funny stuff, so far.
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 4:36 am

Loved that book, calimama. Looking forward to when the second book comes out.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 9:17 am

calimama wrote:
I just started First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones. (28% of the way through)

Funny stuff, so far.

I LOVED that book too Calimama!!! We get another one this year happy dance
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 12:09 pm

There's a free online short that takes place after First Grave, too.

Let me know when you finish and I'll post the link.
smile
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 6:49 am

showmethelove wrote:
I just saw they are offering the first 3 Gail Carriger The Parasol Protectorate series for ebooks for a $10 bundle. They offer for Kindle or Nook. Just an FYI!! It's on my TBR.

http://www.orbitebooks.com/2011/07/the-parasol-protectorate-books-1-3-for-just-9-99/

Thanks. Picked it up. usually I think they are like 7.99 each.

Sounds like First Grave may be light enough to read. I may also try the new Karen Chance when the fog clears a little more. My memory and concentration is still shot. I;m still only 60% through the Kim Harrison YA 1st one (I always forget the name- see memory again). It is Madison Avery though. That I can remember.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 8:55 am

Uap, if you are enjoying the Madison Avery books, you probably would enjoy First Grave. Both have grim reapers as main characters. First Grave is wickedly funny. It's rapid fire humor - loads of laughs!
I hope you enjoy Soulless. That's one of my favorites!
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 11:21 am

The parasol protectorate series is great, has fantastic humor!!!!!!! And you'll love it UA its got a wonderful Scottish werewolf eho i adore!!!
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 11:30 am

UA- First Grave on the Right was very funny. Lots of snarky humor and the next one actually looks to be better than the first!!

If you really want something silly and laugh out loud funny, I would highly recommend trying out Ethan Day's Sno Ho and Life in Fusion. Funniest books I have ever read. I laughed out loud about every 5 minutes and had a smile on my face for most of the books.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 11:52 am

Life In Fusion has some sad backstory to it. Maybe you would want to wait on that one, uap. First Grave On The Right is a funny book and a fairly easy read. It's also on the short side for a novel.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 1:05 pm

Just finished HEXED book 2 of The Iron Druid Chronicles. Very funny! I like this one better than the first. Anyone who likes Harry Dresden should like these. I couldn't get into Harry but I really like these. Waiting for HAMMERED! Thanks again Dopple draw u heart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Name your Literary Poison ....
Page 14 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 28  Next