Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Name your Literary Poison ....

Go down 
+18
Starbrites
Mochabookluver
calimama
lornadune
Greencat
hmashburn
caligrl
sabby
gracious-plenty
Dragonlady
b4v
hopsngrapes
planetcheese
Doppleganger
2shay
uapeople
FaeLadyFaye
showmethelove
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
AuthorMessage
2shay

Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 7:54 pm

Qhuay NOW!!
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 7:57 pm

I didn't even finish the last book Sad I'll be back for Quay or the Shadow brothers.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 8:17 pm

Just about to start Cl Parker's Supernova.
She was one of the authors that came to support Darynda's live chat.
Shay has already reas it and liked it.
Cl will be soon scheduling her first live chat with us very soon too. excited
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 8:25 am

gp--Remember, I said it had a slow start. Keep reading. I expect that by the time your are half way through, you will be hooked.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 12:06 pm

I'm reading ANGELS OF DARKNESS. Almost finished with Nalini Singh's Angel's Wolf about Noel. The vamp tortured in book 2 of GH series. Very good. The woman has mad skillz! smile
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 12:40 pm

I just started Archangel's Blade. I had forgotten about the Angels of Darkness anthology. Yay! More Guild Hunters! I love this series. heart

ETA: I finished a novella by Ilona Andrews called SILVER SHARK. It's the second novella in their Kinsman series. SILENT BLADE is the first. These are Science Fiction romances, with a twist of fantasy. I read Silent Blade a while ago, and it was enjoyable but not noteworthy. Silver Shark was much better. I debated whether to give Silver Shark 4 or 5 stars on goodreads, and finally settled on 4 because the ending was so abrupt. Then I saw Gordon Andrews gave it 4 stars, so I felt pretty good about my rating. Until I saw that he gave Magic Slays 2 stars! He's a tough critic. 2 stars for his own book? Damn!
If you are on goodreads, look Gordon Andrews up. His avatar - OMG! Hilarity!!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 8:55 am

The Adakian Eagle by Bradley Denton in the Down These Strange Streets anthology is very, very good. Totally different from my usual reading preference, but really good. I am going to check out some more of his stuff as soon as I read the new Ty and Zane which I just downloaded this morning. I haven't started it yet because I wanted to finish the short story by Denton. It was good enough to make me delay starting Divide and Conquer. twirling
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 10:13 am

Singh's story in the ANGELS OF DARKNESS anthology was fantastic!

Ilona Andrews' Alphas story was wonderful too, I hope they continue to write about them. There was some disturbing stuff in it. Slavery and romance don't make a good combination imo. From what Gordon wrote in his review of it on Goodreads, the romance was added to make the story fit the anthology. It was still very good, but the original version without the romance was probably better. I feel odd saying that as much as I love romance!
Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 11:01 pm

Dopple, I read Silent Blade and I liked it. I didn't know they put out another novella in the series. I will definitely pick it up. Thanks for the tip. Hi
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 9:37 pm

If you liked Silent Blade, you should enjoy Silver Shark. These have great potential as a series - will be interesting to see where Ilona and Gordon take them.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 10:52 am

Finished Chris Buecheler's Blood Hunt. Soooo good!

Has anyone else read The Blood That Bonds? Blood Hunt is the second book in the trilogy that begins with The Blood That Bonds.

Blood Hunt is described as an amibitious sequel, and I agree completely. It's a long book, with plot lines that follow several different characters. Usually a book will feel splintered when it follows several characters, but not Blood Hunt. Every single character had a story that kept me glued to my Kindle. Two is still central, of course. We learn a lot more about the different vampire strains, origins, and society. The vampire strains are very cool.

I gotta comply with our Truth in Pimping policy. There's graphic F/F sex in Blood Hunt. (If you've seen the cover for Blood Hunt, this may not be a surprise.) The F/F scenes are important to the plot, and the book wouldn't work without them. It was a new flavor of kink for me but honestly, compared to much of the M/F or M/M sex we read, the lady-bits sex came across as surprisingly un-kinky. I feel a bit let down actually, like I should feel naughtier!

I really can't believe Buecheler didn't find a publisher, but to hell with it. He doesn't need one. cheers
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 3:30 pm

Oooohhh I have the first one that I got for free and have had for awhile you have definitely got me curious; will add it too my "get to soon" TBR pile, pile.

" the lady-bits sex came across as surprisingly un-kinky. I feel a bit let down actually, like I should feel naughtier!" roflmao lol! hhhhhmmmm yes I think it probably takes a lot more to make any of us gals to blush these days!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 4:50 pm

Weeelllllll.....I seem to have forgotten all about Blood Hunt. Need to get that! I love Two.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 7:33 pm

If enough of us read Blood Hunt, I'd really like to sic gracious-plenty on Chris Buecheler. Maybe he'd come in for a chat (?). wine

It does take one hell of a lot to make me feel naughty about reading a sex scene. This is a good example of desensitization.
Chapter 32 was smokin' hawt when I read it. I mean SMOKING! Now? I'll take chapter 32 and raise you Margarine-lubbed kitchen counter rear entry sex! Or a vamp-and-wolf M/F/M sandwich. Ya, it's safe to say the stakes have been raised.
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 10:33 pm

Doppleganger wrote:

It does take one hell of a lot to make me feel naughty about reading a sex scene. This is a good example of desensitization.
Chapter 32 was smokin' hawt when I read it. I mean SMOKING! Now? I'll take chapter 32 and raise you Margarine-lubbed kitchen counter rear entry sex! Or a vamp-and-wolf M/F/M sandwich. Ya, it's safe to say the stakes have been raised.

AGREED, wow we have come so far..... Wink drool not worthy I wonder how will get topped?!?!?! roflmao
Back to top Go down
hopsngrapes

hopsngrapes

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 11:47 pm

Hey ladies! Long time no see. Hi Just wanted to pass along the amazing deal on amazon.com, bn and smashwords right now. "Wild and Steamy" is FREE. Read it, loved it, you got nothing to lose. It's 3 novellas by Meljean Brook, Jill Myles and Carolyn Crane. It's HAWWWWWWWT.

Look forward to hearing your comments about the upcoming releases "Drink Deep" and "Heart of Steel".
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 7:48 am

Thank you hops - I got it! happy dance
I haven't read anything by Jill Myles or Carolyn Crane before.
Back to top Go down
hopsngrapes

hopsngrapes

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 12:07 am

happy dance Jill Myles is SMOKIN....she has a succubus series that's pretty smexy too. Wink
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 7:32 am

Ooooh, I'll read Myles' first then! excited
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Cl Parker info   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 1:52 pm

Hey PURLIES!!!

For the Cl Parker upcoming chat here is a link to purchase her first book Supernova at a discounted price of $3.99.

This is book one from her Supernova series with book 2 Cataclysm coming out in Dec 1st.

http://www.thewriterscoffeeshop.com/publishinghouse/books/detail/22

book 2 pre-order for Cataclysm

http://www.thewriterscoffeeshop.com/publishinghouse/books/detail/36
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 12:54 pm

I started Supernova by Cl Parker and I am really enjoying it so far.
Anyone else besides Shay read it yet?
It's still only $3.99 on publishers website for DL
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 12:46 pm

Anyone that loves Highland/Time Travel/Paranormal/Romance I have to recommend Anita Clenney. The first book is Awaken the Highland Warrior and the second is Embrace the Highland Warrior. Just finished the second one and I loved it as much as the first. Really good books!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 7:55 am

Starbrites- I already have that. I thought I read that but teh description is similar to one i read but I don't think so.

gp- it is showing 7.99 now and amazon is 9.99
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 9:46 am

hopsngrapes wrote:
Hey ladies! Long time no see. Hi Just wanted to pass along the amazing deal on amazon.com, bn and smashwords right now. "Wild and Steamy" is FREE. Read it, loved it, you got nothing to lose. It's 3 novellas by Meljean Brook, Jill Myles and Carolyn Crane. It's HAWWWWWWWT.

Look forward to hearing your comments about the upcoming releases "Drink Deep" and "Heart of Steel".

Hi Hops! Glad to see you Hi I got Wild and Steamy free! Still don't have DRINK DEEP, not looking forward to it Sad
I am REALLY looking forward to HEART OF STEEL! I loved IRON DUKE heart
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 10:20 am

uapeople wrote:
Starbrites- I already have that. I thought I read that but teh description is similar to one i read but I don't think so.

gp- it is showing 7.99 now and amazon is 9.99

Aw man Sad They were running a special for Halloween but I missed getting my copy before the 31st but I bought it on the 1st and it was still $3.99.

I'm really enjoying this book you guys
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Name your Literary Poison ....
Page 25 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next