Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mercy Thompson Series

Go down 
+11
sabby
planetcheese
kimba
Doppleganger
2shay
uapeople
Oh Yes
dawls
FaeLadyFaye
Dragonlady
showmethelove
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

Mercy Thompson Series - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 4:52 pm

s-h-i-t 2 years?!?
The other place - sounds like an alternate state smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.wearegoingonawitchhunt.blogspot.com
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 8:12 pm

Two Years, better be a damn good book! Thanks for the info Kimba.

star RM
Yep, that is right. Adam was upset because he was withholding the Uncle Mike/Yoyo Girl info from Mercy. He was afraid she would be upset with him and not understand his logic, that is why they fought.

Good point about Sam not being there, WTF????

I suspected Coyote was going to heal her too, and have no idea why he didn't. I mean she gave him the walking stick, he could have helped her out a little. A wedding present?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 8:47 pm

Thanks Kim. Two freakin years???? I hope it is at least double the size of RM and we get caught up with all of the main characters. I'm sad now.... 🇳🇴

Thanks for the info. twin, I kept looking for the emoticon for the stars and couldn't find it!
Back to top Go down
kimba

kimba

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 8:58 pm

Here's the post on her site

10 books for Mercy?
« on: Today at 07:35:50 am »Someone answered my last question and told me that there are going to be 10 books in the mercy series instead of 7. I was just wondering if that is true. Also do we really have to wait unto 2013 to see the 7th book? I am sad that is so far away Report to moderator Logged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Has
Global Moderator
Big Bad Wolf

Re: 10 books for Mercy?
« Reply #1 on: Today at 09:22:40 am »Hi Kookgurl - Yes it is true and Elle who answered you is an admin here so its not a rumour or anything and Patty has stated in the front page of the site that schedule has changed. Next year there will be an Alpha and Omega book and we have a title - Fair Game.

For Mercy will be officially 9 books and the 10th book will be a Mercyverse book (who will be narratting/POV is unknown at this time) and that Mercy 7 will be out sometime in 2013.

Sad
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 2:55 am

Holy-Moley - that makes it look so official 🇳🇴
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 10:35 am

Alright, then I guess I really can wait to read RM. By 2013 I will have forgotten so much. Any idea if she is working on something else? I thought we got a A&O this fall? Maybe next year is the 4th?
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 10:37 am

I quite like Alpha & Omega though
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 10:44 am

I really liked it too. Charles is fascinating and after 2 books I still feel like there is so much more to learn. I love the short that started this series.
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 11:54 am

I loved that story too - in fact the whole anthology was quite good. The only A&O one I wasn't mad about was Hunting Ground - felt like the characters were a bit cliche depending on their nationality.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 2:01 pm

Darn-- two years ro another Mercy. I hate rereads....but I will probably have ro.
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 7:22 pm

I just picked up RM from the library today (I just couldn't spend $12.99 for an e-book) and I'm going to start it tomorrow. Thought I'd pop on here to see what everyone else thought of it and now I'm kinda sad. It sounds like was a lot of potential but it just missed the mark. Bummer. That's not like Patricia Briggs. I guess I just always expect a perfect book from her.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 10:15 pm

Planetcheese--Not every one felt that way. I loved it. I loved every single page, and wasn't disappointed at all. Be your own judge. Never read spoilers around here, we can be a pretty critical bunch. I check the punctuation.
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 10:24 pm

Oh I still plan on reading it 2shay. Thanks for letting me know that you loved it. I don't think anything could keep me away from Adam.
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 5:48 am

You won't be disappointed by Adam - he was as yummy and wonderful as ever and PB's writing was beautiful as always.
Back to top Go down
dawls

dawls

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 12:08 pm

I still haven't finished RM yet. It's been a long week and not enough free time. 😢 I'm loving the story so far though. Silver Borne was a really intense story (for me anyways) and this one is more leisurely but still enjoyable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 1:27 pm

I absolutely loved RM and wasn't dissapointed one bit. I think my favorite in the series is Silver Borne, but it is a close call as I love all of them.

Last edited by Autumn aka Autumnleaves on Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 2:06 pm

Does anyone else wish that Adam or someone would tell Mercy that she is pretty/beautiful? She certainly doesn't feel that way about herself and she is always going into great detail on how good looking Adam is. Her looks do not seem to be a matter of importance to the storyline as compared to a character like Sookie, but I don't think anyone has ever complimented her in words (in actions, yes).

Last edited by Autumn aka Autumnleaves on Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 7:39 pm

*raising hand*

I do!! cheers

I'm surprised Adam didn't say anything about how pretty Mercy is at the cafe. She was feeling all insecure while he was getting oggled, and his reaction is to joke about her getting her money's worth with him. Adam is crazy about Mercy, and I was surprised he didn't turn that around and give her some reassurance or start some borderline inappropriate PDA.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 7:52 pm

Me, too! Raising hand and waving!

Agree! The cafe would have been a perfect place for Adam to tell her she's pretty. Instead, he made everyone in the cafe think she bought him. That really only occured to me after the question was asked. Now....shoot! I think I'm a little pissed off at Adam about that. A little pissed at myself, too. I'm usually the first one to notice those nasty little slights.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 8:02 pm

I thought the same Dopple, that the Cafe would have been the perfect place to say something to her about her looks. He did give her a hot and heavy kiss in the Cafe, but he didn't say anything to her. Well, the story is from Mercy's point of view, so maybe Adam didn't fully understand why everyone was looking at them or the full extent of the joke that Mercy was trying to play on the people in the restaurant.

In Silver Borne, Ben jokingly says to Mercy that she "is not eye candy, Honey is eye candy - you are just..... you." And then Adam says, "Mine is what she is." A perfect opportunity for him to have said something positive about Mercy's looks vs. just making a claim.

Last edited by Autumn aka Autumnleaves on Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 2:53 am

That was exactly the bit that sprung to my mind too Autumn - I get that she's more muscle than fluff and is a greased up tom-boy but all girls should be made to feel beautiful and appreciated by 'the one' you would think Adam would realise all this what with their special connection.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 7:49 am

Well, I am glad that no one considers Mercy to be eye candy. But now I am going to pat my foot in irritation until he says something really great to her. **See second part of my siggy** Like that!
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 7:58 am

well we might have a long wait - 2013 Sad
Back to top Go down
kimba

kimba

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 8:13 am

I totally agree,I wish Adam would have told Mercy she looked beautiful. It seems so Adam to tell her she's beautiful,that's why its so surprising he didn't say it.

I wonder if Wolf will show up in future books? Do you think he's more powerful than Bran?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 8:15 am

Too funny 2shay! We all know Adam has in it him to say something as equally heartfelt and endearing to Mercy, he just needs to do it!

Yes, 2013 is a long way away. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mercy Thompson Series
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next