Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mercy Thompson Series

Go down 
+11
sabby
planetcheese
kimba
Doppleganger
2shay
uapeople
Oh Yes
dawls
FaeLadyFaye
Dragonlady
showmethelove
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

Mercy Thompson Series - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 9:46 pm

I am skipping all the comments. I got home today and Amazon surprised me with it a day early!!!!!! Super Squeeeeeeee! Oh it is really good. I cried already and I don't cry.

star
When Bram gave her away, LOL that was when I cried. Only on page 79. Adam just told her that Uncle Mike lent him the trailer and the campsite is another fae. I am ready to scream at Adam, how can he be so stupid. Doesn't he know this is going to end crazy!!!! WTF was he thinking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 10:51 pm

am reading along with you oh yes!!! loved the start smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 12:43 am

Quarter of the way through - you forget just how easy it is to read these books... Too darn fast!
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 3:40 am

Yup - totally back you up on that one!!
I'm switching 3G on right now just in case bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.wearegoingonawitchhunt.blogspot.com
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 7:47 am

Ok, I read the first 2 and the last 2 chapters of the last book. I so didn't remember much. I am wondering if I should reread before reading River Marked. And the gal that is afraid of wolves and Samuel likes...what is she again? Witch? I totally forget. All the pack bond stuff and fae abductions...geez...it's been a while since I read this series it seems. Anyone want to sum it up for me so I don't need to reread?
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 8:10 am

star SB star
Some buzz phrases might be Samuel goes wolf. Mercy gets into trouble with Sylvia. Phin goes missing. Adams pack tried to sabotage Mercy then challenges Alpha. Lots of Fairy shit ensues with regard to the book Mercy was minding for Phin.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 8:33 am

star SB
Ok, ringing a bell a bit. Didn't Samuel try to commit suicide off a bridge but something happened and he wound up not dying? And was the part with Stefan and the vampires in the prior book? Did they find Phin? I don;t remember that part. I do remember the pack challenges...didn't Mercy have to fight some wolves even- I totally forget?
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 8:50 am

yes, yes, yes and no :D
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 9:13 am

thanks! he he :P
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 11:31 am

started RM
star RM star
I am a little disappointed in the wedding and afterwards. I thought there would be more about Adam and Mercy, not about her mom and bets. The Bran part was great though. And then there seemed to be no chemistry at all with him unbuttoning her wedding dress for gosh sakes. I guess I expectations were to high Sad
Back to top Go down
dawls

dawls

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 5:52 pm

Yay! My book came today! bounce bounce I've only read a few pages so far but am enjoying it!
Back to top Go down
dawls

dawls

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 5:57 pm

star RM star
I thought that scene with the wedding dress was spot on for their characters. They aren't really a lovely dovey couple like that and when you're tasked with undoing a million buttons carefully, it kind of douses the fire a little. It's actually kind of funny visualizing a strong werewolf like Adam careful undoing tiny delicate buttons one at a time. Or maybe I just have a weird sense of humor.

I also think that since the love angle is tied up, PB is illustrating that there is more to them as a couple than just passion and sex.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 6:05 pm

star RM star

"Shadow of the Vampire" is a creepy movie. Willem Dafoe made a very disturbing Max Schreck, especially when asking for make-up.
Back to top Go down
dawls

dawls

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 6:12 pm

Is it? I'm going to have to rent it now as I haven't seen it before.

star RM star

Just got to the ghost scene. I love that this series has a little bit of everything all rolled into one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 7:05 pm

star RM - yes loving it too . . . but i would like just a wee bit more smexy smile it is the wedding night for gawds sake!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 7:39 pm

Scrolled all the way to the bottom. Loving this book! I will be around when I finish. This is okay. I like being able to post a thread without reading it....
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 3:10 am

I agree more smexy Wink
star star star :star star star :
I am right at the beginning - loving it, despite the lack of smex. I had just missed Mercy and Adam. Thought Bran was majorly sweet when he gave Mercy away heart

Last edited by dragonlady on Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spoiler stars)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 5:36 am

star RM chapter 9 star fucking otters! Enjoying it heaps ... Sadly not absolutely loving it - it appears I am still Jactorised too much! (not as painful as it sounds!) But do enjoy the easy beautiful writing style of Briggs and will always love Adam and Mrs Mercedes Athena Thompson Hauptman smile good to find out more about her dad too.
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 5:58 am

star RM star
I have just met the F.O Laughing
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 7:08 am

star RM
I agree, I am not loving this one so much. I mean the plot is fine and there is much action. I'm loving her discovery of who her dad is and The other American Indians, but the dynamics between Adam and Mercy, even with the sweetness is kind of wanting or even disturbing...like something is not right between them. Have to work, but will read more at lunch.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 9:09 am

star River Marked star

I loved the surprise wedding. Everyone went to so much trouble to get things right for Mercy, and she sure hated the planning. Mercy is special to all her friends and family. Obviously. They love her even more than I do. I wouldn't have planned a surprise wedding for anyone. Talk about keeping secrets for a while...sheesh. Really hard.

I love this story from first page to last sentence. I know when I pick up Patricia Briggs books that I won't be reading the steamy sex scenes. Just a great story. Not that I don't love the great sex scenes, I even admit that I have become a fan of Vic and Jacob. Didn't blush when I typed it, either. PB just doesn't do that, and it's okay. Mercy and Adam are a great couple. I see many great adventurs for them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 5:36 pm

wolves eat coyotes :: snigger :: yes they do!!
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 5:54 pm

star star star
It was really good. I loved the way Adam and Mercy interacted. Definitely could have had more smexy, but I was ok with it because there was plenty off page, and I enjoyed them interacting and being alone. And it was so sweet, I like Adam better now. I have been more a Sam and Stephan fan in the past, but the last few books have convinced me that Mercy and Adam are perfect for each other.

It was so funny how much I was waiting for the big bad to keep happening. Given the last few books, I was expecting blood and gore at every turn. It did happen but only at the very end. Thought it was a nice change of pace from other books.

Loved the Stephan parts, got a love a Scobby Doo Vamp. And the daddy resolution, perfect. I shed a tear or two during the surprise wedding (and I do not cry at books), because my heart was just bursting for Mercy, and all the people there. When Bran walked her down the aisle *sniff*, and then it was too funny that it was all a bet.

The really cool part for me was that my sister was invited as a visiting artist for the Maryhill Museum's annual Bronze Pour in 2002 or 2003. She was there a week and I got to pick her up and take her kids to her, and we spent the night in Biggs. So I got to see the museum up close and personal. It is really awesome when you read a book about someplace you have been. And that area is so strange. You feel like you are on the moon, a sort of high plains desert, all sorts of strange colors and lights. I remember being there and seeing all the items from the Queen of Romania and the Rodin sculptures and thinking, how the hell did all this get way out here. At the time it reminded me of something supernatural. Romania, vampires....and then PB used it that way too. Too cool.

I thought the Native Americans were handled really well. I always find flaws when people try to depict native American events in books. I am no expert but my husband is and it has rubbed off on me a little over the years. I didn't find any mistakes, really didn't. They way she described all the facial features, she was pretty spot on. She seemed to also capture Indian sense of humor and mannerisms which is a hard thing to portray. Coyote was awesome!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 6:56 pm

star star star
Good job on you story description. I really liked Coyote. I don't know much about Native American culture except what I have picked up from the Hillerman books. It sounded awfully good to me.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 6:58 pm

The Leaphorn and Chee books, 2shay? Those are good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mercy Thompson Series
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next