Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mercy Thompson Series

Go down 
+11
sabby
planetcheese
kimba
Doppleganger
2shay
uapeople
Oh Yes
dawls
FaeLadyFaye
Dragonlady
showmethelove
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

Mercy Thompson Series - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 10:39 pm

I'm about a third of the way through and....I'm getting bored. It's all very sweet and Mercy is in good humorous form, but there hasn't been any action. I'm not reading the pretty stars, so please tell me - does the pace pick up?

BTW, I'm in a pissy mood, so it might not be that the book is slow but that I'm more in the mood for action and gore than sweetness.
Know any good books where people get impaled, beheaded, or burned at the stake? There was a gory beheading in the first Cassie Palmer book, maybe that's what I should be reading...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 10:58 pm

no - not IMO Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 10:59 pm

dopp to be honest i think we are Jactorised Wink
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 11:13 pm

LOL, yes I have been jactorized! Hi-jactored? Bejacteled? Whatever you call it, it does raise the bar. Wink

It's not the smexiness I'm missing though, it's the lack of action. There's hasn't been any buildup, mystery, or conflict yet (~30% through). Everybody is happy, which is great in real life but a bit boring in books. It reads like a follow-up story after the end of a series, because I feel like I'm getting a peek at Adam and Mercy's HEA.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 11:21 pm

i agree - i am about 60-65% in - and there has been some action; but nothing that has made me want to keep turning the pages! i am enjoying it - no question - but it is just a bit pedestrian! it isnt just the smexiness i miss
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 2:48 am

SwedeLover wrote:
wolves eat coyotes :: snigger :: yes they do!!

That did make me snigger too smile
I'm about 80% into it and I have to say I am enjoying it - I love PB's writing, it's just so easy on the eyes! But I do feel like there's something missing or something weird between Adam and Mercy...
star star
Is it because they're married now? So there's no exciting relationship 'will they won't they?' thing going on? Am I that shallow??

Back to top Go down
http://www.wearegoingonawitchhunt.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 2:59 am

I don't think so ! But yes there is just something off - I have about 60 pages to go - I think I just prefer more big city nasties lol then country side beasties- if we don't like it when the couple gets together finally then we are in trouble for sure Sad
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 5:39 am

star RM star
I'm feeling oddly detached while reading this, a bit like the way Mercy is acting. I don't much care about the River Devil or the people it's eating. I think it's because it is all set away from home and the people it's happening too aren't much loved characters such as Stefan, Samuel or Jesse. And now that Adam is trapped as a wolf and can't help because of the drowning thing - I just don't think Adam would let Mercy put herself purposely in this much danger. It all just feels a bit surreal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 6:10 am

star RM - so I am finished and feel kinda flat Sad it was a strange book - beautifully written very easy to read - but not a page turner. I wanted more Ben who was so crushed at Mercys quick warning to stay away from her sisters; or Stefan who was going through hell, not some weird otterkin and a river devil. A book with so much Adam and Mercy time yet it just didn't have any intensity. Well maybe some, but not a lot. And I don't mean just smexy. Adam was his usual sublime self, but it just wasn't my fave book in the series. Following on from the Dark Swan semi-disappointment I am left wondering, is it just me???
Oh well onwards and upwards I am in need of a hot new vamp, and have been told that Matthew in the Disovery of Witches is verra verra good, so that is next in my reading list lol yet again my best laid plans are dust Sad
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 6:33 am

star RM
yes, as sweet as they are and the things they say, something is amiss between them. I just can't put a finger on it, but like I said previously and SL...it fell a bit flat. It's either written that way on purpose to make the reader feel that way, or their was some loss of putting us there with them that made me feel like a lack of emotion. And Adam is always away for work. I do think the letter was awesome though. It scared me how she said that he should not wait and find someone else if she dies...especially when we find out that Coyote can die and come back...can she? And what if he listens and finds someone and she returns? She also says to Coyote that coyotes don't mate for life. The Stefan parts were my favorite of the whole book, besides the Coyote parts.

Last edited by uapeople on Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 6:38 am

star RM
I do thing we will see some real old scary Nosferatu types in the next one...and I think Coyote will be part. There was too much about vampires and skinwalkers be rivals and killing each other. I think Stefan will take their side and wipe out the vampire bitch that hurt him and his flock and that many of the "bad" vampires will go against the Stefan type "good" ones with weres, skinwalkers, Fae and Mercy at his side.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 7:44 am

uap--I hope you're right. That sounds wonderful. I hope we see more of Coyote. Well, Stefan, too. More of Stefan is always good.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 8:27 am

I'm also about a third of the way into the book and feel as though a layer is missing.
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 8:39 am

star RM star
I finished too and agree with the comments above, feel a bit flat and disappointed. I too liked the Coyote bits best, Stefan was good too. It all seemed to start out with such promise but maybe this is the beginning of the end. I thought there would be more pack stuff going on and that she would get a handle on the bond but it all just got a bit weird with a whole load of stuff I wasn't interested in. I mean - Otterkin WTF?? Rolling Eyes
Now I don't know what to read next and not have the same reaction. Pale Demon or the new Cat & Bones or maybe the Discovery of Witches - I could do with something with a bit of bite Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 8:42 am

dragonlady wrote:

Now I don't know what to read next and not have the same reaction. Pale Demon or the new Cat & Bones or maybe the Discovery of Witches - I could do with something with a bit of bite Twisted Evil
Both C&B and PD were great, though C&B wasn't my favorite of the series, it was light and funny, and sweet while still having action and had lots of our favorite characters. More of a segway book IMO. Neither will disappoint, but PD is waaayyyy longer than C&B, but a lot happens!
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 8:44 am

Cool thanks uapeeps smile
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 8:10 pm

star star
I think it is a transition book. They never feel good when you read them and you are in the middle waiting for the next one, only when you read the whole series together do they make sense.

I suspect PB was trying to pull a fast one. I kept feeling like something big has to happen, where is the evil, oh no this is going to end badly, but it never did. I think that is why it felt flat. That chaos is what I have come to expect from a Mercy book, crazy insane situations that build and build, and Mercy suffers, or all is lost... I didn't love this one, but I liked it, it was okay. Adam and Mercy needed a break. And I was kind of relieved that their honeymoon wasn't horrible. But I missed all the cool secondary characters.

Now what would be really cool is if Stephan and Coyote had their own series together ~ dynamic duo! bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 11:08 pm

(*) RM (*)

I absolutely loved RM and could not put it down. Finally, a book centered on just Adam and Mercy with a slice of Stefan pie on the side. I didn't expect any detailed sex scenes as PB is not famous for them, but I would have liked a little more detail on the emotions of the naughty deed such as she did in Silver Bourne. I loved Adam running around naked in his backyard on purpose so that Mercy could get a look at him. But, hello it took her years to get up the courage to date him after seeing the goods? She has better restraint than I do!! LOL

I loved that Jesse wanted to keep the Mercy's wedding dress for her own wedding. That fact alone is proof that Jesse loves/respects Mercy more than her own mother. I didn't like the fact that no one commented on how Mercy looked at the wedding in a formal gown (which no one would have seen her in before). I loved Bran walking her down the aisle and fighting Zee for the honor.

Does anyone think that the next couple of books will be less focused on action since Mercy gave her walking stick to Coyote?

And, why didn't Coyote heal her in the end? He healed her from the marks on her stomach following him pushing her into the river (which was hilarious)? She is afterall one of his own and that is how he was able to heal her the 1st time.
Back to top Go down
kimba

kimba

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 2:42 pm

star star RM star star

Ya they got married! Was happy that Bran gave her away! Makes me wonder if his nasty wife was at the wedding,because we know she hates Mercy. And it would have been nice for the guys(Sam,Bran,etc) to say she looked beautiful,etc.

The alone Adam and Mercy time was great,and I wonder if a little baby is going to be showing up soon? Remmeber shes taking something precious home with her..

Loved Coyote! And how about the surprise that he did see her when she was a child,and Charles scared him away. I wonder why Charles told him to stay away? I think we will be seeing him and the walking stick again very soon.

Now I have to admit,I was a bit bored in the middle of the book. i kept hoping that Bran or Charles would show up to help them. And then why wasn't Sam her doc when she returned home? Isn't he still in town?

And we never found out why Adam,and his wolf were so restless in the book right after they got married. Something was bothering him,but then it was never adressed again.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 2:49 pm

star RM
I wondered the same thing about why he didn't heal her also. I though for sure he would. I wonder if one day if Mercy's mom will discover that Coyote isn't fully dead. I thought so much was left out of the wedding. It just did add up to my expectations, nor did the honeymoon.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 2:53 pm

star RM
Yeah...good point... I agree, why, when all the rest of the pack got dismissed because Mercy was the default Alpha so when she sent them away, they had to listen, didn't anyone tell Samuel. He's a lone wolf not part of the pack, so not bound by what she commands. Plus you'd think he's help her new gf or not. And then doesn't he need someone around when a lone wolf to make him feel like pack?
I think Adams wold was restless because he sensed Coyote was around and because he was hiding that the fae lead them there. Leave it to the fae to mess up the honeymoon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 2:57 pm

(*) RM (*)

I thought Adam's wolf was restless because he hadn't told Mercy about the borrowed trailer from the Fae and why they were at the Fae owned park.

Good point about Samuel not being around for Mercy. It would have been great to see him again.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 3:06 pm

Autumn--I think you are right. He hated not telling Mercy about borrowing Uncle Mike's trailer.

star RM and speculation star

Charles is a believer in the old spirit gods, I think. If a war with the vampires happens, could we see a joint book? Mercy and Alpha & Omega? Ohhhh....I would like to get them all going in the same book.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 3:15 pm

hey twin, just a heads up, if you type a colon then write the word star and a colon, you will get a blue star. Like this without teh spaces : star : . I can always tell my old pals from the other place due to the (*)... LOL
Back to top Go down
kimba

kimba

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 4:49 pm

:shock: I can't beleive it,i saw on the Hurog site that the next Mercy book will be in 2013!!!!
What the heck! One yr is a long wait,but 2!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mercy Thompson Series   Mercy Thompson Series - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mercy Thompson Series
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next