Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Name your Literary Poison ....

Go down 
+18
Starbrites
Mochabookluver
calimama
lornadune
Greencat
hmashburn
caligrl
sabby
gracious-plenty
Dragonlady
b4v
hopsngrapes
planetcheese
Doppleganger
2shay
uapeople
FaeLadyFaye
showmethelove
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Starbrites

Starbrites

Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 11:49 pm

star star

Caine pissed me off too when he just left the way he did. I actually felt crushed that he couldn't be what she needed. Jerk!! I do like Owen though and I hate to admit this but I am hoping Caine comes back begging.. Not that she should even consider him but he needs to beg!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 6:39 am

great stuff about Darynda Shay!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:10 am

cali--Don't stop on I-Team. It's one of the best things out there, but Darynda's books are really good, too!
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 10:58 pm

uapeople wrote:
star Ghost Story- Jim Butcher star
OK, so I an 65% in and not one mention of Thomas. WTF? Plus he wasn't gone to see Michael yet or the bartender guy. Wierd. The spoon talk stopped at least cause I still don;t get it. A pet peeve though...if he couldn't really watch Tv because Justin wouldn't let him and then once his magic really came he'd short circuit it, how the heck did he know all those geeky references! Another pet peeve- he keeps talking about magic going away at dawn, if that is the case then how did his wards always stay up at his apartment?

Ok the spoon reference was annoying me too so here it goes: According to Urban Dictionary, it is a "phrase popularized by Keanu Reeve's character Neo in The Matrix, acting as a turning point for Neo's mentality regarding the reality of the Matrix.

'There is no spoon' implies that, despite all visual, physical, or mental evidence to the contrary, the thing in question does not exist.

...spoken by Neo in reference to a bit of wisdom he learned from a child bending spoons with his mind. It signifies that a person cannot truly manipulate reality, a person can only manipulate him/herself. Only when a person changes him/herself can he/she change reality.
'Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead, only realize the truth... THERE IS NO SPOON. Then you will see that it not the spoon that bends, it is yourself.'"

So it makes sense within the context of Harry getting used to his new "state".
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 11:04 pm

spoilers GHOST STORY spoilers star

So although yes this book wasn't as action packed as most of the others I think it made sense "we" Harry and the rest of us needed somewhat of a breather. I loved all of the introspection and glimpses of Harry's past that we haven't gotten much of. I definitely loved seeing the transitions of all the characters with Harry's absence either stepping up..... or stepping "off". But I definitely missed two of my favorite characters Thomas and MOUSE!!! It makes sense where he is but I love him so. heart
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 7:15 am

star Ghost story star
wow the spoon totally makes sense now...I guess it has been way too much time since I've seen the Matrix. I miss those two the most as well....The whole book I'm like where is his brother? yes, thsi one was not as fast paces so it took me an extremely long time to read, but it was very introspective and thoughtful which was good for a change and it really set up the problems for the next book. I wonder what he chopped out that delayed the book for months.
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 1:03 pm

For any of the folks who haven't gotten to Jennifer Estep's Elemental assasin series, the first book is on sale until the 19th--
The e-book of SPIDER'S BITE is available for $1.99 through Sept. 19. Details on my blog: http://www.jenniferestep.com/blog/

Def highly recommended!!!!! ninja
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 1:08 pm

star Ghost Story star

Yeah I'm definitely curious what the hold up was?!?! I'm also surprised that we didn't see anything from Marcone or his peeps; especially since their supporting Murphy and gang you'd think they would have heard Harry was back?? But I am happy with who the "killer" ended up being I didn't expect it and I should've; I mean I figured the doer just not the one who set it up.

Am also curious about the showdown with the vamp with the White Court and Murphy and how that has affected Thomas' relationship with the rest of them or has he just been so out of it?? Definitely lots of questions still looming, the next book should be fantastic!!!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 5:25 pm

Thanks Sabby. This is my next series that I will be starting.
Heard some pretty good things from Andy and Whit Wink

Last edited by gracious-plenty on Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 7:44 pm

It's REALLY good!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 10:54 pm

Thanks sabby, the elemental assassin books have been on my tbr for a long time! I love it when the first in a series is offered free or on sale. That's how I got introduced to Lara Adrian and Kim Harrison. heart
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 10:58 pm

I'm pimping The Opposite of Life by Narrelle Harris. It's published in Australia, and about a year ago I bit the bullet and bought it directly from Narrelle (who is extremely gracious and signed it for me!). It is such a well-done book, and I've been wondering when/if it would be released in the US. Mostly because it about killed me not to have anyone to discuss it with!
Well, I got my wish. It was recently released on amazon for Kindle! happy dance Sooo much easier, and cheaper, to get your hands on it now.
If you are in the US:
The Opposite of Life - US
In Australia:
The Opposite of Life - Australia
In the UK:
The Opposite of Life - UK

You can read the first 6 chapters here:
First Six Chapters
Warning: Reading those chapters online made me twitchy and led to my first international book purchase.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 6:36 am

I'll check this out today while at work Dopp.
Thanks so much
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 8:47 am

Anyone reading "6 ONE SALT SEA ,Seanan McGuire (October Daye)"
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 4:21 pm

I'm pretty sure DEW reads the October Daye books.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 8:59 pm

yes, she does! After I get done with this off to JR Ward.
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 10:29 pm

No probs GP and DOpple i think u guys will love it for sure, Gin kicks ass!!!
UA i read the october daye series as well but im a bit behind on my new realeases so prob wont get to it in s couple of weeks. If toby doesnt get with Tybalt in this book..... i might give up Mad
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 5:37 am

Um I wouldn't say she gets together with Tybalt, but at the end of the look things are looking up and very down for other stuff. Actually this was a very very good book.

star star Major spoilers One Salt Sea by Seanan McGuire star star
She pulled a Kim Harrison, Rachel Vincent or Chloe Neill, but for some strange reason I didn't cry half as much. I;m not sure if it was more dry or if it is all that is going on for me. I was shocked I didn't cry hysterical, but I guess because I've been doing just that all weekend, I had nothing for this and poor Connor...though it does make it all nice for Tybalt...that cat is quite yummy!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 5:41 am

So I just found out that my golden probably has lymphoma and that means he could go in weeks or maybe up to 3-4 months. I am not putting him through chemo at his age. He's 13. I just thank god for every day he is still with me (but I don't sleep I keep waking to see if he is breathing). So I lose Paul, then my sis on law's dog who used to live with me for years and now my boy that I had since he was 3 1/2 months old is going to leave me. 2011 is the worst year ever.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 5:55 am

He is on the rightName your Literary Poison .... - Page 22 IMG_0202_small
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Oh I'm sorry to hear that UA, it is definitely been a devastatintly hard year for you. I think its a good decision not to do any treatment for your baby, I did and regretted it later; chemo is extremely difficult!!! Hope you enjoy these next few months and have great memories.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 6:20 am

Thank you. I hope I have month and not just weeks or days. Thank you for letting me know that I probably made the right decision.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 6:46 am

Uap, you're definately making the right decision. I'm so sorry to hear about your golden. He's a beautiful boy.
Worst year ever indeed. Sad
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 11:26 am

Oh Barb hugs
I am so so so sorry to hear this news about your fur baby. My heart just aches for you sweetie. I too agree that I think you are making a good decision and pray that you get even more than a month with your precious angel.

My thoughts as always are with you
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 11:56 am

Just another FYI for folks another extremely great series that I just adore is on sale today!!! I highly highly reccomend it (I know Dopple and Autumn do too!!)
It's Gail Carriger's Parasol Protectorate series (I know weird name) but its hysterical I would say a light mix of Patricia Briggs meets Jane Austen...... kinda. Wink bounce
Today SOULLESS is Amazon Kindle's daily deal! Yours for only $1.99
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Name your Literary Poison ....
Page 22 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28  Next