Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My TBR plan of action . . .

Go down 
+13
kimba
calimama
Starbrites
uapeople
b4v
gracious-plenty
Greencat
Dragonlady
2shay
Doppleganger
FaeLadyFaye
DEW
showmethelove
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage

My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 8:01 am

I have been in the Dick Lit for so long now that I don't know where to post this lol...
Stacia Kane - Downside Ghosts - really liking it; but not totally loving it! Won't be pimping from the rooftops ... But will definitely be reading the rest. Poor Terrible was so into that moment - until he thought her feelings were purely drug induced Sad I do like Lex for now; Doyle however .... WTF was I thinking? Albeit briefly
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 9:23 am

SwedeLover wrote:

Stacia Kane - Downside Ghosts - really liking it; but not totally loving it! Won't be pimping from the rooftops ... But will definitely be reading the rest. Poor Terrible was so into that moment - until he thought her feelings were purely drug induced Sad

I don't remember being totally hooked until the second book. It gets intense and I was dying to know how it all played out. Well it's not over but.........it gets really good. Don't you love how Lex calls her Tulip?
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 9:43 am

I love when Lex calls Chess Tulip!

It did take me a few chapters to adjust to Stacia Kane's writing. The 3rd person POV threw me off at first, and the downspeak that she's created takes some adjustment. Once I settled in though, I thought it was brilliant.
Wish it wasn't such a long wait until book 4 comes out. Next March! Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 9:59 am

I love the way they talk - maybe because I already loved D-speak smile yes Whit I love how Lex calls her tulip ... Almost felt sorry for Doyle at the end when he told Lex his name... Almost! I don't mind the drug use but do hate some of the violence ... More about loving than fighting!
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 9:59 pm

Although I liked the first book a lot, the second book is the one that really sealed the deal for me.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 12:23 am

I need to read some Rachel Vincent before the chat, is Shifters the best series to start with? I will have to order in books, can't get on Kindle sigh. Does Amazon not relise I have a book addiction to hide, which is easier to do with e-books??
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 12:35 am

It's the only series of hers I've read. She has a new book Bloodlines I want to read. I know someone has read her Soul Screamers series. Amazon is so mean to you! No No
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 4:22 am

I've read the first soul screamers and loved it. I plan on buying the series very soon. I've already got and read the shifters series. It's a great series, I don't think you can go wrong either way
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 8:34 am

Greencat--I am on the last of Rachel Vincent's Shifter series. It is worth the time. Why can't you get on Amazon?
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 10:20 am

The way publishers handle international release of eBooks boggles my mind.

It's soooo much easier to hide my book addiction without having to hide the physical books. I love it.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 1:19 pm

I hear that! If anyone knew how many books are on my kindle they would freak! My house would look like one of those "hoarders" we see in the news.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 1:22 pm

And you would have to hide a big portion of your titles from people under 18.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 1:42 pm

**snort** Under 18? If you lived in my community, you would be hiding them from all the neighbors, friends and family. One m/m book caught lying around and I could close my business. Promise.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 1:45 pm

Makes you wonder what all your neighbors hide, huh?
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 1:51 pm

yeah. Small towns have lots of secrets. A huge scandal breaks out every few months and everyone has an opinion. Usually things like the mayor's daughter caught having sex with the dog catcher's son. Small towns tend to be more class conscience than large cities. I can say that our little town isn't nearly as race conscience as most, that's something. I don't think most people here care much about sexual orientation as long as they don't have to confront it. Or, see it on the marriage records.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 3:38 pm

Ok, I'm reading Jim Butcher's Ghost Story and I have to ask a question... and I'm sure this is no spoiler...why does he keep mentioning a spoon or there are no spoons? I usually get most of his nerdy humor, but this is alluding me. At first I though it had something to do with being born with a silver spoon in your mouth...but it doesn't really make sense where he brings it up. Im lost...help!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 3:44 pm

The only thing that comes to me off the top of my head is the old cartoon "The Tick." Tick's war cry was spoon. Is there a little wooden boy in the book too? Tick had one of those. I can't think of anything in the previous books that would have anything to do with spoons.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 7:02 pm

I'm catching with Archangels Consort while waiting for the Shifter series, hopefully I might be able to get a Josh book in there somewhere for a change as well.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 10:23 am

Ok I'm on Hit List now

Knocking out my catch up list phewwwww
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 8:39 am

OMG Andy omg

I loved..loved Hit List. I for sure did not ever predict that ending. WOW
I so ready to discuss
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 9:00 am

Olaf wasn't creepy enough, evidently.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 9:15 am

I'm going to start Second Grave on the Left. LOVE Reyes heart It got a ton of 5 stars on Goodreads. I'm excited excited
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 10:57 am

Oh No..Olaf is crazy creepy. Freaks me the 'f' out.
He actually scares the shit out of me
Can you imagine what he is going to be like now. EEEEEEE
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 12:55 pm

A bald lion.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 1:41 pm

I'm actually excited for the next installment.
Edward was very Un-Edward like. Didn't you think so?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My TBR plan of action . . .
Page 11 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ARCHIVES-
Jump to: